My new Martin!

he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
edited September 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just bought an early ninety's era Martin DC-15E. It's a cutaway acoustic/electric with Fishman electronics. It's solid matte mahogany with a rosewood fretboard. Has some wear to it (namely underneath the sound hole above the pick guard), but it plays beautifully and the action is so sweet for an acoustic guitar. I'm so excited :D
MyMartin2.jpg
MyMartin3.jpg
MyMartin.jpg
We were but stones your light made us stars
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    Just bought an early ninety's era Martin DC-15E. It's a cutaway acoustic/electric with Fishman electronics. It's solid matte mahogany with a rosewood fretboard. Has some wear to it (namely underneath the sound hole above the pick guard), but it plays beautifully and the action is so sweet for an acoustic guitar. I'm so excited :D
    MyMartin2.jpg
    MyMartin3.jpg
    MyMartin.jpg

beautiful!!!! enjoy it!! someday i hope to own one as well!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    very nice!
  • She's a beauty..Congrats!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    played a few Martins today at the local shop.....love that tone!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Beautiful!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Very cool! I think I'll always have my Fender cutaway...but pine for a really top notch acoustic someday!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Welcome to the club! Enjoy it, I love mine (GPCPA4!)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Thanks everyone! This thing damn near plays itself ;)
    We were but stones your light made us stars

That model recently knocked the Taylor 314ce off my wishlist. I don't know if it's the Martin vs. Taylor thing, or the Elixer vs. Regular String thing, or what... but the Martin GPC totally blew away the Taylor in the store. Once I get ready to spend money, I'll be interested in putting the electronics through their paces. But for now, if someone told me I had the money to spend if I pull the trigger right now, it would be that exact guitar.

What back/side material did you get on yours? Sapele, rosewood, siris, or the HPL?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.

That model recently knocked the Taylor 314ce off my wishlist. I don't know if it's the Martin vs. Taylor thing, or the Elixer vs. Regular String thing, or what... but the Martin GPC totally blew away the Taylor in the store. Once I get ready to spend money, I'll be interested in putting the electronics through their paces. But for now, if someone told me I had the money to spend if I pull the trigger right now, it would be that exact guitar.

What back/side material did you get on yours? Sapele, rosewood, siris, or the HPL?
    Mine is Sapele. It was the only option available at the time. I compared it to everything in it's price range, and the only thing that was better was an acoustic only Taylor for $1600. I think I paid $1300 for the Martin, was WAY better than the Taylor IMO. Is inspired by the Taylor for sure, but in my opinion does a better, warmer tone.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • really cool man!

i was looking at some nice acoustics last weekend. I was looking at the martins, a gibson hummingbird, and an old beat up epiphone acoustic from the '50s that was in the same pricerange. i could not pick between the 3, but given my love of old things i was favoring the epiphone, though to me i thought the martin sounded just a bit brighter.

enjoy that beauty!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Quite nice. I hope you get a lot of use out of it.