Anyone have the new Samsung Galaxy s III? Phone Help.

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Looking to upgrade my phone(have a driod x now) getting mixed reviews on what I have read about this phone. I like my x, and have had no problems with it, but I like the new every 2 option. lol...That said, any feedback about this phone, or any other recommendations for other phones would be much appreciated. I am on the verizon network. Not interested in the iphone(just dont care for it for some reason).

Anyhow, I know there are some phone gurus out here, so I thought I would start here. So let the phone debating and trash talking begin...this should be fun!! Thanks to all! :-)
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I do not own one, as I am not one of those people who change phones everytime something new comes along. But I have had the chance to fiddle a bit with one a couple of days ago, and it is close to amazing when it comes to useability. Everything works as it is supposed to and sometimes even better.
    Plus the built in music thing-a-ma-jig is pretty cool. If you get one; remember to set up a Samsung account as it is the easiest way to notified about the upgrades in software etc.
    Plus it comes with a 50 gb free dropbox folder for two years, and we all like dropbox.
    My friend who own the phone says he would not trade it for anything, and he has been an iPhone fanboy for years.
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Dimitris will be along shortly I expect. He's got an S3. I've got an S2 & while the sound is great the music apps are far less than ideal for me. I had everything organised perfectly in my iPod, titles, artists, albums, artwork etc but just can't get all that right on here no matter how long I spend sorting things + how many other apps I get. Other than that it's pretty good. Maybe S3's better at music stuff. Hope so.

All best making your decision. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • this is the best mobile ever...

i just sent it to buy me coffee and ice cream..

sings to me to sleep at night,and will shave me in the morning...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

LMAO!! :lol::lol: Not exactly the review I was after, but I'll take it!! Have you had any issues with the battery life or it locking up on you? Or does it take a long time to sync up with email? ow about indoor use? Does it have reception issues? Those are some of the pitfalls I have ready about it...How long have you had it D? I was sold on it and about to do it, then read a few reviews and it has me a bit leeery! What say you my all knowing friend??? :-)

Hairy Dane wrote:
    I do not own one, as I am not one of those people who change phones everytime something new comes along. But I have had the chance to fiddle a bit with one a couple of days ago, and it is close to amazing when it comes to useability. Everything works as it is supposed to and sometimes even better.
    Plus the built in music thing-a-ma-jig is pretty cool. If you get one; remember to set up a Samsung account as it is the easiest way to notified about the upgrades in software etc.
    Plus it comes with a 50 gb free dropbox folder for two years, and we all like dropbox.
    My friend who own the phone says he would not trade it for anything, and he has been an iPhone fanboy for years.

I know....nothing wrong with my x either, just like what I have seen and read until today. Pretty cool phone. All in all, just an upgrade at the end of the day. Dont know what the music thingy you speak of is as I dont use it for that kind of stuff....mostly work, email and the web or the most part....and I have never heard of drop box either!! lol...I live in my own little world and dont get out much!! lo....thanks for the input though! :-)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Fuck Samsung Galaxy's III
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Fuck Samsung Galaxy's III

:lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Fuck Samsung Galaxy's III

THERE IT IS!!! That was the review I was looking for !!! SOLD!!!!! Thanks my brotha!! ;-)

LMAO!! :lol::lol: Not exactly the review I was after, but I'll take it!! Have you had any issues with the battery life or it locking up on you? Or does it take a long time to sync up with email? ow about indoor use? Does it have reception issues? Those are some of the pitfalls I have ready about it...How long have you had it D? I was sold on it and about to do it, then read a few reviews and it has me a bit leeery! What say you my all knowing friend??? :-)

-)
    its perfect..
    battiery is ok..its new so i play al day now..is super fast
    emails coming sooner here than my pc,or laptop.
    perfect as phone..its so easy to use..,
    music kick ass..perfect sound
    i bought it end of july..
    i bought an extra battery,just in case..
    again,is the best mobile ever create so far
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

-)
    its perfect..
    battiery is ok..its new so i play al day now..is super fast
    emails coming sooner here than my pc,or laptop.
    perfect as phone..its so easy to use..,
    music kick ass..perfect sound
    i bought it end of july..
    i bought an extra battery,just in case..
    again,is the best mobile ever create so far

Thank you my friend!! Much appreciated!! :-)

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Get an iPhone. :lol:
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I've got the III and totally love it.

Have had no issues with speed or reception. I'm also on Verizon.

It is an amazing phone. :thumbup:
  • Wilds wrote:

:D
  • Wilds wrote:

Thanks for the reply! :-)

Any issues with it heating up or shutting off/locking up or short battery life? Only other thing I heard was their version of Siri wasnt very good, but that is def not a deal breaker for me. Found a REALLY good review on cnet as well! I know I am being anal, but Ilike to research shit a lot before I buy!! lol :-)

• Wilds wrote:

Thanks for the reply! :-)

Any issues with it heating up or shutting off/locking up or short battery life? Only other thing I heard was their version of Siri wasnt very good, but that is def not a deal breaker for me. Found a REALLY good review on cnet as well! I know I am being anal, but Ilike to research shit a lot before I buy!! lol :-)
    when u just pass your hand from the scream,and the mobile autimatically capture whats on your screen at the moment,and u just touch it and the music u playing stop..
    u gonna have an erection!!...you read it here first!!
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    I've got the Galaxy Note and seen the S3. I love the Note and the S3 looks as good as the Note, which is easily the best phone I've ever owned
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Looking to upgrade my phone(have a driod x now) getting mixed reviews on what I have read about this phone. I like my x, and have had no problems with it, but I like the new every 2 option. lol...That said, any feedback about this phone, or any other recommendations for other phones would be much appreciated. I am on the verizon network. Not interested in the iphone(just dont care for it for some reason).

Anyhow, I know there are some phone gurus out here, so I thought I would start here. So let the phone debating and trash talking begin...this should be fun!! Thanks to all! :-)
    hey buddy,did u finnaly bought it?download the last service pack and the mobile works amazing..
    and the new little thing in the left of the screan that u pull like a courtine,kick ass..
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    (Does this forum have a tech thread?)

Galaxy S IV unveiling reportedly set for March 15th

http://news.yahoo.com/galaxy-iv-unveiling-reportedly-set-march-15th-151555170.html
  • Idris wrote:
    (Does this forum have a tech thread?)

Galaxy S IV unveiling reportedly set for March 15th

http://news.yahoo.com/galaxy-iv-unveiling-reportedly-set-march-15th-151555170.html
    thanks for the info..ill searchfor more pictures
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".

Those are probably not 'official' photos, I think they are pics people made based on current rumors of what the next Galaxy is gonna look like. Of course I'm not 100% sure on that. Nevertheless we will know more next month...

:)
  • Idris wrote:

Those are probably not 'official' photos, I think they are pics people made based on current rumors of what the next Galaxy is gonna look like. Of course I'm not 100% sure on that. Nevertheless we will know more next month...

:)
    cool...i have the S3 and its a kick ass mobile..unreal easy and so cool to do stuff..
    cool...i have the S3 and its a kick ass mobile..unreal easy and so cool to do stuff..

I'm a Nokia guy myself, having said that, I think I'm gonna buy the new Blackberry, But I'll probably wait and see how the next Galaxy is.
  • Idris wrote:

I'm a Nokia guy myself, having said that, I think I'm gonna buy the new Blackberry, But I'll probably wait and see how the next Galaxy is.
    i had nokia for years..and before Galaxy had nokia too...

but this shit is so cool..its a fuckin art on your hands
    i had nokia for years..and before Galaxy had nokia too...

but this shit is so cool..its a fuckin art on your hands

This is currently what I have, it can also run android on it, Dual boot it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFqK5JfiDJs
    -

Yea the little I used the Galaxy 3, I agree it's a top phone.