Well this is certainly a way to start a holiday weekend...

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So my friend/roommate had some of his friends over with their crotch-rocket motorcycles...I left to go to the bank. I come home about 20 minutes later and one of the friends comes up to me in the driveway saying my friend crashed the bike and he was taken to the hospital. He was doing the speed limit, just hit a patch of sand, lost control and hit into the back of a parked car the next block over.

Luckily, he's ok. He was coherent. Seems like he may have broken his collar bone. Has some road rash, hit his head (thank god he was smart enough to wear a helmet).

Seriously? This is how my three-day weekend is kicking off? What's funny is that last Labor Day, I was in the hospital after slicing my hand open. Guess this is becoming a tradition :roll:
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I say ban the motorcyles.
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    DS1119 wrote:
    I love looking at Harleys and nicely done-up bikes, I rode on motorcycles a few times and didn't like it. I HATE those friggin crotch-rockets...most of those riders are assholes.

Unfortunately, this was the second time someone has run up to me in my driveway to tell me someone I know was just in a motorcycle accident.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    DS1119 wrote:

they are loud ..obnoxius and very dangerous
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Glad he wasn't driving while drinking beer...but in seriousness glad he's ok.
  • They released him from the hospital at like 2am. He has multiple breaks in his collar bone. He's doing good though...joking around and whatnot. The anti-nausea medicine they gave him for the painkillers actually made him really sick. You know what got rid of the nausea immediately? Weed. Funny how legal drugs make you horribly sick and an illegal, natural drug makes you feel 10 times better. Hm.

Anyways, let's see what other shennanigans we can get ourselves into this weekend hahaha.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Anyways, let's see what other shennanigans we can get ourselves into this weekend hahaha.

What! I think you guys better sit quietly on the couch for the rest of the weekend after all this.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

What! I think you guys better sit quietly on the couch for the rest of the weekend after all this.
    LOL well I pretty much did that today. It was way too hot out and all the excitement from last night and going to bed late/early this morning, I took a couple of naps today :lol:

Gotta say, it's never boring at my house. Whether it's the endless prank wars we have or someone getting into some sort of emergency situation.