Don't let a cut on your hand slow you down.

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,739
edited August 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
For years I was vexed any time I got a cut on my hand (or a string end stab-- oh, how I hate those!) and wanted to keep playing my guitar. It was either bleed on the instrument- which frankly I'm too fussy to do- try playing with a band aid on it- awkward as hell, or stop playing all together. So when liquid bandages like "New Skin" came out I was very happy! Just put a little dab of the stinky stuff on the cut, blow on until it dries and seals in the minor wound, and away you go.

Cool stuff!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    brianlux wrote:
    For years I was vexed any time I got a cut on my hand (or a string end stab-- oh, how I hate those!) and wanted to keep playing my guitar. It was either bleed on the instrument- which frankly I'm too fussy to do- try playing with a band aid on it- awkward as hell, or stop playing all together. So when liquid bandages like "New Skin" came out I was very happy! Just put a little dab of the stinky stuff on the cut, blow on until it dries and seals in the minor wound, and away you go.

Cool stuff!

I've heard super glue works good for minor cut and also if you're having trouble getting callouses to form.

Knock on wood, but I've never have a cut on my hands bad enough to stop me from playing. Had some nasty stuff on my pick hand but the fret hand has stayed pretty boo boo free.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I carry around a supply of those fabric bandaids and if I put them on right, they don't get in the way or slow me down. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&