Cheese Steak

2»

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    This is from a place called South Street in Naples. Philly bar serving craft beer and a hell of a cheese steak with Wiz. http://www.southstreetnaples.com/

1nEoK.jpg
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I'm getting hard eating this shit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    81 wrote:

That sounds dirty
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • 81 wrote:

You could win your own contest :-|
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    wiz wit for me..

although I went to Tony Luke's today and had a Roast Pork with Broccoli Rabe and Sharp Provolone and its definitely my new go to when in phila. I would like to try John's Roast Pork next time, unfortunately they have strange hours and I didn't make it there today on time...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    adam42381 wrote:
    This is from a place called South Street in Naples. Philly bar serving craft beer and a hell of a cheese steak with Wiz. http://www.southstreetnaples.com/

1nEoK.jpg

That looks amazing. Ketchup bottle right on the table where it should be to. :lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    DS1119 wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

1nEoK.jpg

That looks amazing. Ketchup bottle right on the table where it should be to. :lol:
    right. For the fries on the back sid eof that sandwich that gets eaten with your hands. Fries too!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    DS1119 wrote:
    How do you eat your cheese steak?

For me its with mozz cheese, I've had them with cheddar but prefer mozz, and lots of ketchup. I also use a fork to eat some of the steak so it doesn't fall out of the bun while I'm eating. I also use the fork to pick up and eat any pieces of meat that happen to fall out.

mozzarella cheese?

no.

i'm sorry but i believe you do not meet the minimum requirements to start a thread on this subject.
    www.myspace.com
    DS1119 wrote:

For me its with mozz cheese, I've had them with cheddar but prefer mozz, and lots of ketchup. I also use a fork to eat some of the steak so it doesn't fall out of the bun while I'm eating. I also use the fork to pick up and eat any pieces of meat that happen to fall out.

mozzarella cheese?

no.

i'm sorry but i believe you do not meet the minimum requirements to start a thread on this subject.

:fp:
    I think I'm going to order a cheese steak for dinner tonight.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    my vote is for tony luke's
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    A cheesesteak sounds good for lunch today. :think:
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    DS1119 wrote:

with what kind of cheese? Gouda? Havarti? Camembert? Mozz?

...or are you going to have a real cheesesteak?

I mean, having a meat and cheese sandwich is fine, if that's what you are in the mood for.

;)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I mean, having a meat and cheese sandwich is fine, if that's what you are in the mood for.

;)

With mozz and ketchup. Mmmmmm
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    DS1119 wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

;)

With mozz and ketchup. Mmmmmm

So an Italian-tinged meat sandwich with ketchup? Sounds decent enough.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    who wants to road trip....

hmm...i could so be talked into making this trip over thanksgiving.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    who wants to road trip....

hmm...i could so be talked into making this trip over thanksgiving.

I'm in
    I call bullshit.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Tom K wrote:
    wiz wit for me..

although I went to Tony Luke's today and had a Roast Pork with Broccoli Rabe and Sharp Provolone and its definitely my new go to when in phila. I would like to try John's Roast Pork next time, unfortunately they have strange hours and I didn't make it there today on time...

tony luke's hot pork is best sandwich in philly
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    DS1119 wrote:

mozzarella cheese?

no.

I was going to call him out for using the word 'bun'
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    The Fixer wrote:
    Tom K wrote:
    wiz wit for me..

I keep hearing this...so pissed I didn't try it! Guess this calls for another road trip 8-)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

mozzarella cheese?

no.

I was going to call him out for using the word 'bun'

Bread, roll, bun. Whatever. Who really gives a shit what someone calls it.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Tom K wrote:
    wiz wit for me..

I keep hearing this...so pissed I didn't try it! Guess this calls for another road trip 8-)

I fully support that decision.
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I say a ladies trip to Philly. I know Becky and Cubbee_girl are in!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I say a ladies trip to Philly. I know Becky and Cubbee_girl are in!

For sure!! :mrgreen:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Woohoo!! Instead of 'ladies who lunch' we'll be 'ladies who drive 12 hours to cheesesteak' :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Woohoo!! Instead of 'ladies who lunch' we'll be 'ladies who drive 12 hours to cheesesteak' :lol:
    :lol::lol: And this time we won't get lost.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    I think Di'Nics is a lot better than Tony Lukes and I think the Arista at Paesanos is the best sandwich in Philly.

http://www.paesanosphillystyle.com/menu.html
  • 81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I also get salad with lettuce and cucumbers only.
    I like my steak medium/well with ketchup.
    I eat bacon with a fork.
    I nuke my ice cream before eating it.
    I like Mich Ultra.
    I have to shower twice a day.
    I've never had Mexican food.
    I've never had Chinese food.
    I've never had Thai food.
    I've tasted Indian food once.
    I've never had lobster, crab, or clams.
    I don't like my corn to touch my mashed potatoes and will throw it away if it does.
    I've had barbecue once.
    I put ketchup and mustard on my hotdogs.
    I don't like onions.
    I don;t like peppers.

Anything else you want to break my balls about?

sometimes, it's best to not type anything....this might have been one of those times.
    :lol:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"