Here we go again!!

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Jane: Lets go to Tom, who is in Louisiana this morning.

Tom: Well Jane, it is windy and rainy. Back to you.

Jane: Thanks Tom, we will check back in an hour to see if you are still wet.

Fucking newspeople crack me up.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    really shouldn't live in a soup bowl.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I love watching them getting pushed around by the wind trying to talk. At least now they've wised up and wear safety glasses or goggles.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    We were watching last night and the weather channel guy was interviewing the NBC guy that was just below him next to the water maybe 100 yards away. If that wasn’t odd enough, the NBC guy was getting blasted by a lot more wind and rain.

“looks windy down there”

“it sure is”
  • Jane: How are things going Tom? Do you have any advice for people in Louisiana this morning?

Tom: Hi Jane, Im doing ok considering the situation. I do have some good advice today! This morning I stopped at the local department store here in New Orleans and I bought an umbrella! Now if people out there are not familiar with an umbrella, an umbrella is designed to actually keep the rain from falling on your head! In other words, an umbrella's sole purpose is to keep you dry! These umbrella devices are available at your local department stores, such as Target and Wal-Mart, and I would recommend these to anyone who is going to walk outside today.

Jane: Thank you very much Tom. Tom, one more question. How much will these umbrella devices cost?

Tom: Jane, the umbrella I purchased this morning cost $14.99 and was well worth the investment.

Jane: Thanks again Tom. Lets go to Mary, who as of this morning, has been rowing up and down the Mississippi River in a row boat. Mary? Are you there?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • On the radio is even better. Since you can't see them, they are describing everything. Here's part of the report I heard this morning:

"To be honest, the sideways rain hitting my face is quite painful...."

Well - I can't see you!!!! Get out of the f'n area to safety and pretend you're there. Hell, Orson Welles figured out how to scare everyone into thinking there was an alien invasion with his 1930's sound effects. I'm thinking we can do better today.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    On the radio is even better. Since you can't see them, they are describing everything. Here's part of the report I heard this morning:

Well - I can't see you!!!! Get out of the f'n area to safety and pretend you're there. Hell, Orson Welles figured out how to scare everyone into thinking there was an alien invasion with his 1930's sound effects. I'm thinking we can do better today.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    On the radio is even better. Since you can't see them, they are describing everything. Here's part of the report I heard this morning:

:fp: :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Jane: Where's that eight inches you promised me last night, Tom?

Tom: :shock:

Jane: Oh! I mean it was supposed to snow! :oops:

The whole crew: :lol:
    voidofman wrote:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    A guy from our local news was standing at the edge of Lake Pontchartrain IN THE WATER, talking about how the water was rising. Waves kept hitting him and even splashing on the camera lens. He's still standing in the water talking into a microphone about how high the water is getting. I kept waiting for him to get electrocuted.

He finally said something like, "Well, this water is really rising, I'd better get out of here." :fp:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • voidofman wrote:

I remember seeing that video. that was classic.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    A guy from our local news was standing at the edge of Lake Pontchartrain IN THE WATER, talking about how the water was rising. Waves kept hitting him and even splashing on the camera lens. He's still standing in the water talking into a microphone about how high the water is getting. I kept waiting for him to get electrocuted.

He finally said something like, "Well, this water is really rising, I'd better get out of here." :fp:

I think I saw a picture of him and I thought, what a dumbass, one of the things I heard the officials saying was to not to try to walk into flooded waters. Now people will see that and think its ok to do.
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I haven't laughed this hard all day.... It's the BEST when CNN shows the reporter practically standing side-ways and telling the viewers that the "wind has really picked up" - I mean com'on REALLY!!??
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    don't forget about the one reporter that's standing around in full rain gear....on the wrong side of the storm. and they look so disappointed that houses aren't being destroyed. idiots.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com