Alice Cooper disses reality TV

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.freep.com/article/20120829/E ... RONTPAGE|p

Alice Cooper disses reality TV

You know what really gets Alice Cooper's horned goat? Reality TV.

"I might be a rock star, all glitter, fake blood, makeup and theatrics (with awesome rock anthems of course) but you've no idea the hard graft and craft that's gone into my career," the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, 64, writes in the Huffington Post.

"The problem is with wanting to be a reality TV star, you're only famous for a little while. You can't live on that fame forever. That's one of the major problems with the whole schtick."

The always-entertaining Michigan-raised performer goes on to say that acts like his band, the Rolling Stones and Iggy and the Stooges would be thrown right off an "American Idol" or "X Factor" stage today because those shows gravitate toward "cookie-cutter" acts and don't encourage creativity.

"I can find 20 people in the street that can sing -- it doesn't mean they're potential stars," Cooper adds. " 'American Idol' and 'X Factor' should start getting kids on that stage with an image they've thought of, that write their own songs, then make them sell it to you and make you believe it -- then that's a star."
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    He had no problem appearing on Man vs. Food and Anthony's Bourdain's No Reservations to promote his shitty restaurant in Phoenix though. :lol: