81 sez: 'bourbon is better'
    #fact
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Hairy DaneHairy Dane Posts: 205
    Polish!
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Man, vodka has really gotten out of hand lately though...
    I went to Total Wine to buy a bottle for the first time in a few years. They had cherry, mango, pineapple, whip cream, melon, root beer, marshmellow, cotton candy, cake, damn...well here's the pinnacle site:

With 30 flavor options available (70 proof): Atomic Hots, Berry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Cake, Cherry, Cherry Lemonade, Cherry Whipped, Chocolate Whipped, Citrus, Coconut, Cookie Dough, Cotton Candy, Cucumber Watermelon, Grape, Gummy, Kiwi-Strawberry, Le Double Espresso, Mango, Marshmallow, Orange, Orange Whipped, Peach, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Raspberry, Tropical Punch, Vanilla, Whipped Cream, and Whipped Key Lime…you are sure to find a flavor that suits you. Or stick with Pinnacle Classic Vodka (80 proof) and enjoy it neat or on the rocks.

I guess they're just trying to cut out the middle man (mixers?). Anyway, I got the root beer, mixed it with some soda water, and I can spell T R O U B E L. ;) :P

I used to be a rum & coke guy, so im just trying to minimize the sugar...vodka is easy like that. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Man, vodka has really gotten out of hand lately though...
    I went to Total Wine to buy a bottle for the first time in a few years. They had cherry, mango, pineapple, whip cream, melon, root beer, marshmellow, cotton candy, cake, damn...well here's the pinnacle site:

With 30 flavor options available (70 proof): Atomic Hots, Berry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Cake, Cherry, Cherry Lemonade, Cherry Whipped, Chocolate Whipped, Citrus, Coconut, Cookie Dough, Cotton Candy, Cucumber Watermelon, Grape, Gummy, Kiwi-Strawberry, Le Double Espresso, Mango, Marshmallow, Orange, Orange Whipped, Peach, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Raspberry, Tropical Punch, Vanilla, Whipped Cream, and Whipped Key Lime…you are sure to find a flavor that suits you. Or stick with Pinnacle Classic Vodka (80 proof) and enjoy it neat or on the rocks.

I guess they're just trying to cut out the middle man (mixers?). Anyway, I got the root beer, mixed it with some soda water, and I can spell T R O U B E L. ;) :P

I used to be a rum & coke guy, so im just trying to minimize the sugar...vodka is easy like that. :D

don't flavor the vodka
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:

don't flavor the vodka

And don't fruit the beer.
    81 wrote:

don't flavor the vodka

#facts
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

don't flavor the vodka

I can agree with leaving the fruit out of beer, but I need some flavor in vodka sometimes...none of that carnival crazy shit though like pretzel or cotton candy...but 81, I also like the straight OJ/vodka idea. It gets the job done.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I do not drink vodka. But when I do, I drink a lot. :P

Actually it has been my go to for awhile. Goose. Belvedere. Chopin. That new Pear Goose it too good. Club soda. Ice. Done.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    fuck, 81...it's 11:45am and i really want a vodka tonic :twisted:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    norm wrote:

Tell me about it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    norm wrote:

I used to work with a guy who filled a couple of sprite bottles (16oz) with vodka and drank it all day. I never smelled it or suspected a thing until he ran his car into the building coming back from lunch. Vodka is a good work drink I suppose...Get it done norm, just don't drive, or try to drive through a building.. :P
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

don't flavor the vodka

I LIKE my Apricot Ale! :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    ironically enough, i have vodka and tonic at home.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

don't flavor the vodka

I LIKE my Apricot Ale! :evil:

:nono:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

I used to work with a guy who filled a couple of sprite bottles (16oz) with vodka and drank it all day. I never smelled it or suspected a thing until he ran his car into the building coming back from lunch. Vodka is a good work drink I suppose...Get it done norm, just don't drive, or try to drive through a building.. :P

you worked with hank the angry drunken dwarf?

hank2.gif

:lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:

shop teacher did that. He was a scary mofo, drank his coffee cold, in a cheapie 7-11 plastic mug. So one of the kids smelled it, and they said it smelled like alcohol. (okay, the kid said 'rocket fuel')
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    norm wrote:
    you worked with hank the angry drunken dwarf?

hank2.gif

:lol:

:lol: No, I wish. This guy was almost as good...he had a glass eye and when he'd get drunk, he'd sneak up behind you and put his eye on your shoulder and say, "I've got my eye on you!" I shouldve guessed he was always wasted. :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:

shop teacher did that. He was a scary mofo, drank his coffee cold, in a cheapie 7-11 plastic mug. So one of the kids smelled it, and they said it smelled like alcohol. (okay, the kid said 'rocket fuel')

:D Nothing like operating heavy machinery with teenagers while wasted! omg! :corn:
  • norm wrote:

Its an acceptable drinking time somewhere on the map...
    Thats the only excuse you need 8-)

:lol::lol:
    No smell, no tell
    tumblr_ls0bcxo1vy1qfhuivo1_500.png
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    tonic, 7up, lemonade, redbull....depends on the day and the brand
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Martini or on the rocks with some olives and olive juice and maybe some hot peppers.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Try this sometime. Hangar One spiced pear vodka with soda. yum

btw:thank god for olive juice sold just as juice. spouse tired of finding jars of olives sitting no juice. :lol:

i do like my martinis. very dirty. :roll:
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    guess this is the official vodka thread....

i may have had a couple vodka's and OJ's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    I like to drink my Grey Goose with...wild abandon :D
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
    I like to drink my Grey Goose with...wild abandon :D

go on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    On the rocks
    picked up a bottle of three olives cause it was the cheapest top shelf booze at target.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I take it ice cold from russia in a gun-shaped bottle (thanks Lisa's dad)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    Vodka, sprite, and a touch of OJ for colour.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013