Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    I only just realized that they have announced the album release date. It's in the post on the PJ home page; I just didn't catch it. "It will be released on Dine Alone Records in digital, CD and vinyl formats on March 4, 2016."
    Oh man, that's a long time!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    PJ_Soul said:

I only just realized that they have announced the album release date. It's in the post on the PJ home page; I just didn't catch it. "It will be released on Dine Alone Records in digital, CD and vinyl formats on March 4, 2016."

Indeed. A very long time. With a single & music video already released, 4 months is gonna be an intense wait. Just makes you wonder if their album is released in March '16 they will be touring in March right? But what about this so called April Pearl Jam tour we keep hearing about? I can't see that happening if RNDM is touring in March. Especially if RNDM travels to Europe for a few shows then back to the USA. I heard a while back many fan's in Europe trying to book them the next time they tour again.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Indeed. A very long time. With a single & music video already released, 4 months is gonna be an intense wait. Just makes you wonder if their album is released in March '16 they will be touring in March right? But what about this so called April Pearl Jam tour we keep hearing about? I can't see that happening if RNDM is touring in March. Especially if RNDM travels to Europe for a few shows then back to the USA. I heard a while back many fan's in Europe trying to book them the next time they tour again.
    i thought the PJ tour was rumoured to be in May, no?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

i thought the PJ tour was rumoured to be in May, no?
    Yes. But this "rumor" informs us their tour starts April in the USA. Then they work their way up to Canada early May.

Personally I would LOVE a Pearl Jam tour in the summer here in Canada & USA.
  • Options
    Well if memory serves, RNDM started their tour just before the release of Acts (which is stupid IMO, but anyway...), so if they tour for, say, 3 or 4 weeks, it will still work. Of course, it's also possible that they will just do a very small tour. Or wait a few months and tour after the PJ tour. Who knows! But yeah, it's going to be a loooong 4 months for me. I'm more excited about this album than I would be a new PJ album.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I like the video...must give the song a few more listens...really mellow, kinda reminds me of summer.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    @ RNDM - We know what time it is. Time to release a new fucking record!

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,835
    I am gonna go ride my bike tomorrow! Hell yeah bring on the tour.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Sweet news! I do hope the new RNDM album arrives here in Canada before their show in Toronto in March.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Pap said:
    Sweet news! I do hope the new RNDM album arrives here in Canada before their show in Toronto in March.
    Love your new avatar! :smile: Are you going D?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

Does that mean copies will be available at the show?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Pap said:

demetrios said:

Pap said:
    Going for Toronto. Can't wait. :)
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Pap said:

demetrios said:

Pap said:
    Going for Toronto. Can't wait. :)
    Great! :plus_one:
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Hoping like hell I can make it to the Toronto show!!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

hopefully a preorder will be coming soon!
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

Wonder if Dine Alone Records will sell a few exclusive signed CD copies, like what Newbury Comics did for their Acts CD release. Crossing fingers for a red splatter 10club release though. :p
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    demetrios said:

kramer73 said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

Wonder if Dine Alone Records will sell a few exclusive signed CD copies, like what Newbury Comics did for their Acts CD release. Crossing fingers for a red splatter 10club release though. :p
    You mean orange splatter!!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    a5pj said:

demetrios said:

kramer73 said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

so how many copies of this will I be buying? :)
  • Options
    Does anyone else think that the video distracts from the song and gets very old after seeing them crash kids bikes over and over and over and over and over and over?
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    PJ_Soul said:

Well if memory serves, RNDM started their tour just before the release of Acts (which is stupid IMO, but anyway...), so if they tour for, say, 3 or 4 weeks, it will still work. Of course, it's also possible that they will just do a very small tour. Or wait a few months and tour after the PJ tour. Who knows! But yeah, it's going to be a loooong 4 months for me. I'm more excited about this album than I would be a new PJ album.

I absolutely agree with this. Love the single, can't wait for the whole album!
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

Does anyone else think that the video distracts from the song and gets very old after seeing them crash kids bikes over and over and over and over and over and over?

Well, since you asked... No, it doesn't feel repetitive to me at all. It's almost meditative in a way, if that makes sense... I really enjoyed it and thought the video fit the song in a good way.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

a5pj said:

demetrios said:

kramer73 said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

so how many copies of this will I be buying? :)
    If they randomly have inserted orange splatter records exclusive for the 10club store, totally buying two copies. Waiting to see if Dine Alone Records will have something exclusive packages on their end.
  • Options
    An old find. Tried to search but couldn't find it here.

http://dinealonerecords.com/news/dine-alone-winter-sampler-2015-out-now/

Dine Alone Winter Sampler 2015 Out Now!
    December 9, 2015

It’s that time of year again! We’re stoked to release our free Winter Sampler to celebrate the upcoming holiday season and another incredible year!

This year’s Winter Sampler features 28 fresh tracks from our award-winning domestic catalogue including the first single from Monster Truck‘s anticipated sophomore LP Sittin’ Heavy (out February 19, 2016) and tracks from City and Colour, k-os, Neverending White Lights (ft. Dallas Green), and The Dirty Nil.

The sampler also features a heap of new and exciting additions to our expanding international roster including The Sheepdogs, Diarrhea Planet, Vanessa Carlton, RNDM (which features Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam and singer/songwriter Joseph Arthur) as well as Rumba Shaker, which features a collective of talented musicians from Gary Clark Jr., My Morning Jacket, The Whigs as well as Dallas Green, Jack Lawrence (Dead Weather/City and Colour) and Dante Schwebel (Spanish Gold/City and Colour). Full tracklisting below + Spotify playlist.

Illustration by: Lindsay Hepburn

To make the holidays even brighter, anyone who downloads the 2015 Winter Sampler and enters their email address will instantly be entered to win 1 of 10 prize packs from Dine Alone Records and friends at ROOTS, HEX, JammyPack, Munch Better, Faucet Face plus assorted CDs and cool merch courtesy of Dine Alone.

Fill out the form to download Dine Alone Winter Sampler 2015 and enter the holiday contest!
    Contest closes January 8, 2016.
  • Options
    @ Dine Alone Records

Not into downloading? STREAM our Winter Sampler on Spotify and discover your new favourite artist: http://bit.ly/DAwinterstream

DINE ALONE 2015 WINTER SAMPLER TRACK LIST
    01. Monster Truck - Don't Tell Me How To Live
    02. Matthew Logan Vasquez - Everything I Do Is Out
    03. Heyrocco - Get Together - Loser Denial
    04. The Dirty Nil - No Weaknesses
    05. Black Lungs - Dishonest Man
    06. DUNE RATS - Superman
    07. Diarrhea Planet - Separations
    08. FIDLAR - Why Generation
    09. K-OS - Crucify
    10. Rumba Shaker - Danger Signs
    11. Noah Gundersen - The Difference
    12. the Sheepdogs - Bad Lieutenant
    13. Yukon Blonde - I Wanna Be Your Man
    14. Craig Finn - Newmyer's Roof
    15. Langhorne Slim & The Law - Changes
    16. City and Colour - Wasted Love
    17. Alberta Cross - Ghost Of Santa Fe
    18. RNDM - Ghost Riding
    19. Vanessa Carlton - Operator
    20. Wild Child - Break Bones
    21. JEFF The Brotherhood - Radiating Fiber Plane
    22. BRONCHO - China
    23. Sego - Micky Macali
    24. Avenue - Hot Slow Wind
    25. The Jezabels - Come Alive
    26. Neverending White Lights - My Fate (Demo)
    27. BR/DGES - Save The Best
    28. Brendan Philip - Ghostface
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,900

No. The video is perfect for the song in every way. It completely captures the mood and that carefree feeling of ghost riding your bike when you were a kid.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    demetrios said:

@ Dine Alone Records

Not into downloading? STREAM our Winter Sampler on Spotify and discover your new favourite artist: http://bit.ly/DAwinterstream

DINE ALONE 2015 WINTER SAMPLER

Downloaded....thanks, D! :sunglasses:
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jjflash said:

demetrios said:

@ Dine Alone Records

DINE ALONE 2015 WINTER SAMPLER

Downloaded....thanks, D! :sunglasses:
    +1 Thanks, D! Just grabbed the sampler as well!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Yeah, awesome, thank you Demetrios! Just downloaded that sampler in the nick of time. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016

No. The video is perfect for the song in every way. It completely captures the mood and that carefree feeling of ghost riding your bike when you were a kid.
    I agree. The video fits the song very well.... Not that it really matters to me. I've never much cared about music videos in any case.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on