Mosquitoes (not red)

florence151florence151 Posts: 597
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I wonder how much the decline in the bat population has affected the mosquito problems in the US. In Massachusetts there is a problem with Eastern equine encephalitis. Texas has a problem with mosquito borne illness also.

Mosquitoes bothering you?
Hold On
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Not me so much but I live in North Texas where there has been a huge outbreak of West Nile. It's all over the news, every day.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • CDFishCDFish Posts: 173
    Yes!! I'm in Massachusetts as well and they are out of control! Just curious, what's the reason for the decline in bat population? Anything to do with what seems to be a resurgent hawk population?
    Hartford 1996; Mansfield 1&2 2000; Mansfield 3 2003; Boston 1&2 2004; Boston 1 2006; Mansfield 1 2008; Philadelphia 1 2009; Boston 2010; EV solo Providence 2011; Worcester 1 2013; Hartford 2013
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Everyone has been complaining about the mosquitoes in NJ; lots of bites and concerns about West Nile virus. They don't seem to bother me. I must taste sour :? works for me

as for bats - my co-worker was out today because his attic is infested with bats :shock: maybe they're all congregating there for some reason :think:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"