Options

What's In Your Liquor Cabinet?

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Nothing really lasts long at my house. Currently have marg mix and tequila....maybe some vodka
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,056
    Eagle Rare - 10 yr old

Buffalo Trace

Sazerac Rye
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Nothing really lasts long at my house. Currently have marg mix and tequila....maybe some vodka
    That's pretty good. Nothing lasts longer than the weekend in my house. :oops:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I buy the bottle

i drink the bottle

i recycle the bottle

i buy another bottle
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    a bottle of Bacardi
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    a 1.75L bottle of Citron that I've had for years. It was a house warming gift or something. no one drinks that anymore. a bunch of gin as well. who wants to come over and take my Citron and gin?

How long do hard booze and mixers last once opened?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    A bottle of:

MacCallan - 10 year old cask strength
    Lagavulin - 16 year old distillmaker's dram (bottle 2007)
    Bacardi white rum
    Canadian Club Rye Whiskey
    Crown Royal Maple finished (kinda tastes like a dry finishing dark rum)
    Grey Goose
    Tito's Vodka
    Tanqueray
    Magarita Mix
    Sauza Gold Tequlia
    Baileys
    Old Sam's Rum
    Cachaça - Unopened... (dad brought it back from Brazil and I'm not a big fan of Caipirinhas)

and i believe there's an unopened bottle of Canadian Club select reserve, Oban 16 year distillmaker's dram (bottle 2012), and an 18 year Glenlivet in the back somewhere....

keep note that I have a separate stash for beer.... ;):lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    a 1.75L bottle of Citron that I've had for years. It was a house warming gift or something. no one drinks that anymore. a bunch of gin as well. who wants to come over and take my Citron and gin?

I've never known a bottle of hard liquor to go bad once opened?

As for mixers... well... I usually don't use them, so I don't know! :lol:... a can of pop goes flat overnight :?:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    shep wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

As for mixers... well... I usually don't use them, so I don't know! :lol:... a can of pop goes flat overnight :?:
    Mixers will probably have an expiration date, but hard booze is forever.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    shep wrote:
    A bottle of:

Bacardi white rum
    Grey Goose
    Tito's Vodka
    Tanqueray
    Magarita Mix
    Sauza Gold Tequlia
    Baileys
    Old Sam's Rum
    Cachaça - Unopened... (dad brought it back from Brazil and I'm not a big fan of Caipirinhas)

and i believe there's an unopened bottle of Canadian Club select reserve, Oban 16 year distillmaker's dram (bottle 2012), and an 18 year Glenlivet in the back somewhere....

Damn! Hi, I'm Jon. How you doin?
    wait, sorry...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    A bottle of:

Bacardi white rum
    Grey Goose
    Tito's Vodka
    Tanqueray
    Magarita Mix
    Sauza Gold Tequlia
    Baileys
    Old Sam's Rum

wait, sorry...

Hi, my name is andrew... I'm a whiskey drinker at heart, but lately I've been on a beer kick... :lol:

I actually have a spreadsheet to keep track of what's in my beer cellar... :fp:
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:
    A bottle of:

Bacardi white rum
    Grey Goose
    Tito's Vodka
    Tanqueray
    Magarita Mix
    Sauza Gold Tequlia
    Baileys
    Old Sam's Rum

wait, sorry...

Hi, my name is andrew... I'm a whiskey drinker at heart, but lately I've been on a beer kick... :lol:

I actually have a spreadsheet to keep track of what's in my beer cellar... :fp:

You sir, are like the Santa of the suds. That is awesome.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Cobwebs
    same

i've been drunk enough in my life to last a few life times & i've saw to many people literally drink themselves into a early grave. i actually am scared for some members here.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    shep wrote:

it'll oxidize over time. they say once a bottle gets to abaout the 1/4 full mark, you should just drink it and be done with it to prevent the O from impacting the flavor/color.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    81 wrote:
    shep wrote:

it'll oxidize over time. they say once a bottle gets to abaout the 1/4 full mark, you should just drink it and be done with it to prevent the oxyegen from impacting the flavor
    mca47: *Drinks the first 3/4 of the bottle...*

Random person: "Haven't you had enough?"

mca47: What? What? No, 81 sez...81 sez the bottom 1/4 goes bad and just to drink it. Can't let it go bad. 81 sez..."

Random person: "Who or what is a 81?"

mca47: "Shut up!"
    *Glug glug*

:lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    alcoholic whipped cream...and that has no expiration date printed on it. :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol::lol::lol:

i didn't say you had to drink it that day, but i wouldn't put it back on the shelf for anouther 6 months. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

you know once it's cracked, it's not going to last long. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Sailor Jerry's and Jack Daniel's Honey - that's my lot!

While on holiday in Canada I saw some weird and wonderful stuff in the liquor store including,

Uptown Girl Adult Chocolate Milk - made with red wine, naturally.......
    Smoked Salmon flavoured vodka :eh:
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Sailor Jerry's and Jack Daniel's Honey - that's my lot!

While on holiday in Canada I saw some weird and wonderful stuff in the liquor store including,

Uptown Girl Adult Chocolate Milk - made with red wine, naturally.......
    Smoked Salmon flavoured vodka :eh:

Ugh!
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    shep wrote:

it'll oxidize over time. they say once a bottle gets to abaout the 1/4 full mark, you should just drink it and be done with it to prevent the O from impacting the flavor/color.

interesting to note...

the bottle of Lagavulin is almost at that point... guess I'll have to have a Friday night whiskey session.

I'll tell the significant other "81 told me to do it"...

• Options
    i will not be held responsible for your boozing....unless you sharing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I would if I could... unfortunately (a) I can't email booze, and (b) there were only 495 bottles of this scotch ever created, I think you'd have some serious issues trying to track it down, 5 years later in any corner of the world except a devoted scotch connoisseur's cellar...
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:

I would if I could... unfortunately (a) I can't email booze, and (b) there were only 495 bottles of this scotch ever created, I think you'd have some serious issues trying to track it down, 5 years later in any corner of the world except a devoted scotch connoisseur's cellar...

495 bottles...wow...that's small batch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    you can get a vacuum pump to pull the air out of the good stuff so it lasts longer

My bar has only one bottle on constant rotation-the dewar's handle

fridge has extra dry sake and sierra nevada's (pale ale and summer fest)
  • Options
    Susanne76Susanne76 Posts: 49
    a bottle of scotch and a sick bag
    I have wished for so long...
    How I wish for you today
  • Options
    sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    Wyborowa
    Belvedere
    Jack Daniels
    ...and a Shiraz from Margaret River

just enough to drown my sorrows