Options

Trouble Downloading HD FLAC Files...

LeatherMosquitoManLeatherMosquitoMan Posts: 4,034
edited August 2012 in The Porch
So Am1 is 2.74GB.

How are you guys downloading these? I click on my link, and a window opens up, no problem.

Starts downloading at around 50kbps, says the time is greater than 12 hours. Slows down to about 30kbps, then eventually times out. I've tried having like a music program running in the background, playing music on a loop so my laptop doesn't hibernate, and the file always eventually times out.

Any advice?
-Chris
Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
2003 Brisbane 1
2006 LA 1 & 2
2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
2011 St. Louis (EV)
2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,976
    Downloading the HD files over @ livedownloads.com . Kinda worried to download one huge 3 gig .zip file if my connection times out & I have to start the download all over again @ the 10club store. Over @ livedownloads they use the same download technique like Basecamp used for our '05 & '06 MP3 & Flac Pearl Jam downloads.

Speeds are relatively fast. From 300kb - 600kb plus a sec.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    I bought the Manchester shows through LiveDownloads.com and Amsterdam 1 through PJ.com.

For what it's worth, I agree with the above: the LiveDownloads speeds and download app seemed superior, the PJ.com file was quite slow and I did have to restart it a few times to get a completed download. I'll stick with LiveDownloads in the future.