The Dream Thread

StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I have recurring themes in my dreams. I wonder if you do too?

The most disturbing theme I've had since I can remember is that my legs won't work right. As if I have some sort of a disability, palsy or MD or something. Most of the time this happens when in my dream I am trying to cross a busy street, I get to the middle, and all of a sudden my legs won't budge. Sometimes it happens in an inconsequential situation, for instance in last night's dream I was shopping in second hand dress boutique of sorts, left, had to go back in because I forgot something, when I got to one of the cashiers' desks in the middle of the store I wanted to go around, but when I swung my leg to maneuver around the desk it felt as if it was kind of stuck and just wouldn't go...felt like a zillion pounds but at the same time, weightless.

In these dreams I am convinced that there is some type of neurological problem causing this. I've never been hit by not being able to cross the road in the dreams, nothing like that. Just stuck, with an overwhelming urge to get to the other side before something awful happens. It never does..and I never remember whether or not I ever got there.

Do you have re-occurring themes in your dreams?

Dream Interpretations welcome, although I am sure I could figure this one out all by my lonesome if i put some thought into it.

I love dreams and what they (might) mean. The mind is a fascinating thing.
peace,
jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
"How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I looked it up. Your diet is lacking the proper amounts of puppy meat. Hed to a shelter and pick out a plump one and then enjoy. :lol:
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    DS1119 wrote:
    I looked it up. Your diet is lacking the proper amounts of puppy meat. Hed to a shelter and pick out a plump one and then enjoy. :lol:

already tried that....got anything else?
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    StillHere wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm fresh out of ideas.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    DS1119 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm fresh out of ideas.

lotta good you are ;)
    peace,
    jo

• kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Craziest dream last night/this morning. I was having a conversation with a writer about his recent book, which details his experience as the writer on the set of Star Trek V. The dream then shifted to his perspective having a conversation/argument with William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and the rest of the cast, explaining why they needed to act in a certain way and why they needed to follow the script. Apparently Kirk was supposed to yell at Sulu about something, but Shatner objected. And Chekov was supposed to shoot someone, but refused.

The version of this movie was set on a planet filled with cat people, and suddenly the dream shifted to that location. There I was, walking around a jungle filled with cat people. It was pretty terrifying. I was trying to hide, and climbed up a tree, and came into contact with a snake lion.

That's right. An animal with the body of a snake and the head of a lion. Again, terrifying.

In my pursuit to get away from the cat people, I grabbed onto the body of the snake lion and pulled myself up the tree, breaking the snake lion's back and killing it. Suddenly, the jungle was ALIVE with all these animals running in the same direction. Wolves, gorillas ... you name it, they were running away/toward something. So I climbed down and asked some of the animals what was going on.

Cat Person Jesus had just died, and the apocalypse was coming.

Cat. Person. Jesus. I'm not particularly religious, so, wow. OK. I have a crazy head.

Anywho, all the animals were running toward this temple to seek shelter there (shades of Lost, anyone?).

TL;DR: I was stranded on a planet from Star Trek V filled with crazy animals like snake lions, and Cat Person Jesus had just died and the world would soon end and kill everything, unless I made it a temple for safety, but I'm pretty sure that was just hopeful religious talk. The place was pretty much screwed.

Then I woke up.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    kw18 said:

Craziest dream last night/this morning. I was having a conversation with a writer about his recent book, which details his experience as the writer on the set of Star Trek V. The dream then shifted to his perspective having a conversation/argument with William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and the rest of the cast, explaining why they needed to act in a certain way and why they needed to follow the script. Apparently Kirk was supposed to yell at Sulu about something, but Shatner objected. And Chekov was supposed to shoot someone, but refused.

The version of this movie was set on a planet filled with cat people, and suddenly the dream shifted to that location. There I was, walking around a jungle filled with cat people. It was pretty terrifying. I was trying to hide, and climbed up a tree, and came into contact with a snake lion.

That's right. An animal with the body of a snake and the head of a lion. Again, terrifying.

In my pursuit to get away from the cat people, I grabbed onto the body of the snake lion and pulled myself up the tree, breaking the snake lion's back and killing it. Suddenly, the jungle was ALIVE with all these animals running in the same direction. Wolves, gorillas ... you name it, they were running away/toward something. So I climbed down and asked some of the animals what was going on.

Cat. Person. Jesus. I'm not particularly religious, so, wow. OK. I have a crazy head.

Anywho, all the animals were running toward this temple to seek shelter there (shades of Lost, anyone?).

TL;DR: I was stranded on a planet from Star Trek V filled with crazy animals like snake lions, and Cat Person Jesus had just died and the world would soon end and kill everything, unless I made it a temple for safety, but I'm pretty sure that was just hopeful religious talk. The place was pretty much screwed.

Then I woke up.

Sweet Cat Person Jesus! What did afroannnie put in your dinner last night?!?

(And please don't tell me that she didn't make you dinner.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • My Goodness KW what an imagination!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
    dankind said:

kw18 said:

Then I woke up.

It was delicious tacos .... and she had nearly as much as me, so it couldn't have been the food!
    lazloblue said:

My Goodness KW what an imagination!

On my way home from work, I came upon an injured deer in the middle of the road that a state trooper had to put down, so I'm sure that factored into it. And our bed is always filled with cats, so there's that, too. The last convo I had with my wife before going to bed was about politics and the draft -- totally not religion in the slightest!

So I really have no idea where much of this dream came from!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    kw18 said:

dankind said:

kw18 said:

Then I woke up.

It was delicious tacos .... and she had nearly as much as me, so it couldn't have been the food!
    lazloblue said:

On my way home from work, I came upon an injured deer in the middle of the road that a state trooper had to put down, so I'm sure that factored into it. And our bed is always filled with cats, so there's that, too. The last convo I had with my wife before going to bed was about politics and the draft -- totally not religion in the slightest!

When I saw you post Cat Person Jesus on fb, I thought you were referring to yourself...in the picture with danger on your shoulders...with your full beard and the fact that Danger loves you so much he hangs on your shoulders, it's like your "Cat Person Jesus".
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....

kw18 said:

dankind said:

kw18 said:

Then I woke up.

lazloblue said:

When I saw you post Cat Person Jesus on fb, I thought you were referring to yourself...in the picture with danger on your shoulders...with your full beard and the fact that Danger loves you so much he hangs on your shoulders, it's like your "Cat Person Jesus".
    No, my dreams are much more literal than that!

"Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I dreamt i was running away from a bad invisible man made of straw, inevitably i woke up with that song by the Eels (hey man) ;))
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited February 2014
    I can't really remember what I was dreaming about, but a couple nights ago I woke up three times laughing my head off. And I mean LAUGHING. Once it was actually snorting! image My cat thought I was going crazy! It's actually quite disconcerting to wake up like that, and it also feels really good. I'm glad I was having such hilarious dreams!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I love the weird dreams triggered by something random I thought about or saw during the day.

Or the ones that make me feel like I'm traipsing through a Dali or Escher piece.

Recurring ones? Oy.

Being late for work or a flight - always awake with relief that it wasn't real
    Losing my purse or wallet/ID/debit card - same as above!
    Cats (both greater and lesser, and all in between) - no matter the scenario, there's always the underlying thought of "oh FUCK, they could really hurt me"
    Being in my childhood home - those are almost always comforting
    Seeing my dad - among the best. My first dreams of him after he died in 2008 left me sad and waking in tears. Since then though, when I "see" him, I feel such pure joy. Sometimes I say "dad, it's you!" And I get to hug him, and BE hugged by him. And I swear I smell his scent in those moments. I'm smiling huge right now as I type this.

Our brains are some beautiful pieces of work.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    had two odd dreams last night:
    1) I somehow met up with Jesse Hughes of EoDM, and we were both crying (don't remember any dialogue)
    2) I was wearing two wedding rings. The second was identical to my "real" one, only slightly bigger, and on the next finger. WTF?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    I often have a recurring dream of being naked at work. happens all the time. I know it's a cliche, but I didn't realize it until recently. Constantly having to dive behind cubicles and desks (kinda like the beginning of The Matrix). Unfortunately, most of the offices in my building are housed in glass, so no hiding there. It's embarassing as all hell.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Dreamt I was having a conversation with someone and there was going to be war between turkey and Russia weird dream bc I was about to drink hair rinse
    just woke up and this is all i could do
    :lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,471
    JWPearl said:

i prefer your dream thread. don't give this one the time of day please.
    www.myspace.com

JWPearl said:

i prefer your dream thread. don't give this one the time of day please.
    ok if you say so