debt collection practices

shawndyershawndyer Posts: 270
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
My gf just got a letter from debt collector about an old cc debt from 2005. She had disputed in from a previous collection agency saying the sol of 7 years was up. All 3 bureaus agreed and removed it from her file. This is from a different agency but same original creditor. Do I send a request for validation? The sol in r.i. for them to keep asking for money is 10 years. Should she be nervous about this reappearing on her report?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tell them it's been paid in full and dismissed.....

at least that is what i would do
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    shawndyer wrote:
    My gf just got a letter from debt collector about an old cc debt from 2005. She had disputed in from a previous collection agency saying the sol of 7 years was up. All 3 bureaus agreed and removed it from her file. This is from a different agency but same original creditor. Do I send a request for validation? The sol in r.i. for them to keep asking for money is 10 years. Should she be nervous about this reappearing on her report?

I wouldn't do anything to be quite frank. If they can't report anything to the agaencys (which at this point they can't) I wouldn't ask them for anything. Perhaps asking them for validation of the debt may open a new case...not sure about that...but if I were you I wouldn't do anything and just monitor her credit reports.

However, I guess they could always file a judgement against her...where's a lawyer when we need one. :lol: