Roger Clemens?

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Really?
REALLY?

Why?

Why cant that steroid freak just walk away?
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    He was proven innocent...that's all I'll say about that. Some think he wants to pitch again so he can push back his HOF eligibilty for 5 years perhaps when the stereroid whiplash is less harsh. IDK...I just think it's his competitive nature and wants to prove people wrong. That's why I like the guy so much. I used to laugh when people called him chickenshit and all that BS for throwing inside or at people...but you know what...no one...NO ONE ever charged him on the mound. You know why...he'd beat the piss out of you. I remember when Shawn Estes playing for the Mets had the opportunity of a lifetime to hit Clemens for the Piazza incident the year before...you remember what he did...he threw a breaking ball behind him. :lol: Clemens is a winner and has a winner's attitude and that's why I think he's one of the greatest and pesonally I hope he makes it.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    He was proven innocent...that's all I'll say about that. Some think he wants to pitch again so he can push back his HOF eligibilty for 5 years perhaps when the stereroid whiplash is less harsh. IDK...I just think it's his competitive nature and wants to prove people wrong. That's why I like the guy so much. I used to laugh when people called him chickenshit and all that BS for throwing inside or at people...but you know what...no one...NO ONE ever charged him on the mound. You know why...he'd beat the piss out of you. I remember when Shawn Estes playing for the Mets had the opportunity of a lifetime to hit Clemens for the Piazza incident the year before...you remember what he did...he threw a breaking ball behind him. :lol: Clemens is a winner and has a winner's attitude and that's why I think he's one of the greatest and pesonally I hope he makes it.
    OJ Simpson was found innocent too..

Thats all I have to say about that.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Gordie Howe
    Minnie Miñoso
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Can you use steroids in the independent leagues? Serious question, do they even test?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    DS1119 wrote:
    OJ Simpson was found innocent too..

Thats all I have to say about that.......

And that's fair, but he was found innocent and how he's judged by the public is out of his control. What is in his control is perhaps a comeback. I hope he makes it. I bet you with a full spring training next year he's still better than half of the 4th and 5th starters that get wheeled out to the mound as sacrificial lambs every week.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Dude topped out at 87, right?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    McNamee-2.jpg
    "It is what it is"
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dude topped out at 87, right?

That's what was reported. They also reported he was locating all of his pitches. I don't think the last 3 or 4 years of his career he was hitting 90 anyhow. Not sure about that, but still 87 without any major league support...I think the bastards going to do it. :lol:
  • I hope he tears his rotator...
    Tears both hamstrings...
    And gives himself a hernia....
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    he threw the bat at piazza 5 minutes b4 i walked into the pj 10th anni show in vegas .....

now that was a double great night
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • he threw the bat at piazza 5 minutes b4 i walked into the pj 10th anni show in vegas .....

Roger is/was a class act.....
    he threw the bat at piazza 5 minutes b4 i walked into the pj 10th anni show in vegas .....

its just happened on the same night so its easy to remember the two
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

He was throwing it into the on deck circle to get the bat off the playing field.
    From the Torre book on Clemens....

Then Donahue would rub the hottest possible liniment on his testicles.

“He’d start snorting like a bull,” the trainer said. “That’s when he was ready to pitch.”
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

“He’d start snorting like a bull,” the trainer said. “That’s when he was ready to pitch.”

i do that for fun

:leaving:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I remember and love Clemens from his glory days ...

0.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Love it! :lol::lol: I remember having seats 4 rows behind home plate in 01 I think it was. The Yankees were playing the Ginats and CLemens was piching against Russ Ortiz. This was the game that CLemens said if Barry Bonds crowded the plate on him he was going to knock that damn elbow pad right off his arm. First at bat...what did CLemens do? Plunked the fucker right on the elbow pad. It was great!!! :lol::lol: Nto a peep out of Barry...not a peep from DUsty Baker! :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Love it! :lol::lol: I remember having seats 4 rows behind home plate in 01 I think it was. The Yankees were playing the Ginats and CLemens was piching against Russ Ortiz. This was the game that CLemens said if Barry Bonds crowded the plate on him he was going to knock that damn elbow pad right off his arm. First at bat...what did CLemens do? Plunked the fucker right on the elbow pad. It was great!!! :lol::lol: Nto a peep out of Barry...not a peep from DUsty Baker! :lol:

That's awesome. I remember that clearly. Imagine that fight.

The best part is that he had the trainer do it. I doubt that was in Steve Donahue's job description :lol:
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    DS1119 wrote:
    Clemens is a winner and has a winner's attitude and that's why I think he's one of the greatest and pesonally I hope he makes it.
    Definitely one of the most dominant pitchers in my lifetime - over 350 wins and 7 Cy Youngs...
    He may have been found "not guilty" in his second trial - after the original trial was a "mistrial" - but he did cheat - that whole era cheated for gods sake...Jose Canseco's book, Jeff Perlman's book, the 82 mentions in the Mitchell Report, & his close friend and teammate Andy Pettitte all can't be wrong, can they?
    Anyway - I always laugh when people say "he's a winner"...he's tied with Glavine & Smoltz for being on the most losing World Series teams...Here's what I remember of Clemens in big spots, besides his postseason record of 12–8 in 34 starts, with a 3.75 ERA:
    1986 - ALCS - Gm 1 - sucked
    1986 - World Series - Gm 2 - sucked
    1986 - World Series - Gm 6 - took himself out because of a 'blister'
    1990 - ALCS - Gm4 - meltdown and ejection - sucked
    1999 - ALCS - vs Pedro & Boston - loss (only loss Yankees had)
    2004 - NLCS - Gm 7 - battered & loss - then pulled a hammy in the World Series

He was great as the hypnotized chicken on the Simpsons, however...
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Jason P wrote:
    I remember and love Clemens from his glory days ...

0.jpg

:thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

hahha funny me too. I was at the ny ny before the show watching the game..went to the show then went back to ny ny and won like 8 hondo sitting at a craps table for 6 hours..smoked like 2 packs..had like 20 drinks..great night!!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Ehhhh, can't this guy just go away???
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Can you use steroids in the independent leagues? Serious question, do they even test?

I doubt they have the budget for that.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    DS1119 wrote:

He will never ever get in , great he was an arrogant prick he is .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Wma31394 wrote:

hahha funny me too. I was at the ny ny before the show watching the game..went to the show then went back to ny ny and won like 8 hondo sitting at a craps table for 6 hours..smoked like 2 packs..had like 20 drinks..great night!!

we played WAR after the show :lol:

got killed
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Clemens is a winner and has a winner's attitude and that's why I think he's one of the greatest and pesonally I hope he makes it.
    Definitely one of the most dominant pitchers in my lifetime - over 350 wins and 7 Cy Youngs...
    He may have been found "not guilty" in his second trial - after the original trial was a "mistrial" - but he did cheat - that whole era cheated for gods sake...Jose Canseco's book, Jeff Perlman's book, the 82 mentions in the Mitchell Report, & his close friend and teammate Andy Pettitte all can't be wrong, can they?
    Anyway - I always laugh when people say "he's a winner"...he's tied with Glavine & Smoltz for being on the most losing World Series teams...Here's what I remember of Clemens in big spots, besides his postseason record of 12–8 in 34 starts, with a 3.75 ERA:
    1986 - ALCS - Gm 1 - sucked
    1986 - World Series - Gm 2 - sucked
    1986 - World Series - Gm 6 - took himself out because of a 'blister'
    1990 - ALCS - Gm4 - meltdown and ejection - sucked
    1999 - ALCS - vs Pedro & Boston - loss (only loss Yankees had)
    2004 - NLCS - Gm 7 - battered & loss - then pulled a hammy in the World Series

He was great as the hypnotized chicken on the Simpsons, however...

You forgot to mention his World Series rings, his playoff success', and the number of teams he was on that went to the playoffs. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

He will never ever get in , great he was an arrogant prick he is .....

Never now...maybe maybe not. If Ty Cobb, Ted Williams, Johnny Bench, I could keep going on... got in though there's always hope for at least one more arrogant bastard to do it. :lol:
    He probably just needs some dough..with all the lawyer fees he probably saw his account diminish a bit and wants his name back in the spotlight. What is he 50 i think I heard..He could probably do a few starts but once he tweaks something hes done.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    the cynics are saying he could be looking to make ONE more MLB start. if he gets that, he pushes the HOF vote back another 5 years and would still be on the ballot 20 years from now.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    the cynics are saying he could be looking to make ONE more MLB start. if he gets that, he pushes the HOF vote back another 5 years and would still be on the ballot 20 years from now.

IMO smart move..