depressed

vedderzzgrl10vedderzzgrl10 Posts: 6
edited February 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
delete
Post edited by vedderzzgrl10 on

Comments

• I can't really offer any help,other than to let you know I hope your okay,and if you feel posting here helps,then go for it,and I think everyone on here would agree with that! :D
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    This AET is the perfect place for someone who is despressed because most of us are :crazy: :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • its just so hard to read everones happy post when i am so miserable
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    its just so hard to read everones happy post when i am so miserable
    I'm sorry I did not mean to make light of it...
    I go through terrible bouts of it at times, especially when my stress levels are at their max (I am a very type A personality)... I can say meds helped me out tremendously... I still get stressed but I don't get uber-depressed and I find I enjoy life a lot more... Prozac for me ... but others for others.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    I hope that you get better as soon as possible!

I will offer you my current perspective though... Life is a balance. Everything is balanced. Good and evil. Happiness and saddness. etc. My views came from my current major (Mechanical Engineering) and the way my brain thinks scientifically. We have proved Conservation of Energy, Conservation of Momentum, Conservation of Mass, etc Why wouldn't these Conservation Laws apply to inmeasurable forms of human emotion? I firmly believe that they do.

You are really sad/depressed now, but since this inner energy is balanced, the 'amount' of depression you feel will be equal to the 'amount' of happiness you feel in the future. Think of it like a Sine Wave. You need to have valeys in order to reach the next peak. In your case, the valleys are very large, but that also means that the peaks will be very large as well!

Life is about perspective and if everything is always good, than that level of good will turn into normal and be boring. You need to experience the bad to appreciate the good when it comes. So make it through this rough patch, and you will have the good following shortly afterward!

:)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hi, my name is 81, and i'm here to make you laugh or cry.....or....maybe smile?

i'm no expert in depression, only short term in the dumps....but punching something always helps me. have you punched something today? if not....i recommend punching a Rangers fan or two.

best of luck finding some happiness.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    its just so hard to read everones happy post when i am so miserable

Ok, my posts may be funny (at least I think so), but you know what they say about a lot of comedians, right? If I couldn't find a way to laugh at all of mankind's madness, ignorance, and cruelty, I'd simply start crying and I'd never stop. My heart breaks at least 100 times each and every day.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    hi,im Dimitris....

i hope soon you feel better...

i find it very brave that you express your self...

this place is fun....

feel free to tell us your thought and ideas...

and Remember....

tomorrow is a new day.....think positive...

and really,alot of members here at AET are really funny...or they think they are...or they trying... ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Hi, I am Jo...nice to meet you.
    No worries coming here to talk. We all do it. This is a great place for friends and support. We have fun, but we also support one another.

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time with this. I have a family member with Rosacea and I know how the feelings go up and down.

I can offer some tips, though I'm sure you've heard them all. Other than that, we are ALWAYS here for support....ALWAYS.

My daughter had the hardest time with the foods that she craved the most ~ pickles, tomatoes, bananas, etc.
    You'll notice a theme in the foods that might cause flare ups. Keep a food diary. Seems like a lot of work, but it can be a HUGE help in figuring out what helps and what hurts. She's learned to avoid things with vinegar, nitrites, pickled things, high acid foods, AND staying out of direct sunlight... and she has cleared up nicely. the minute she starts eating those things, or spends even a small amount of time in the hot summer sun, she suffers. In the summer time, she would even resort to opening the fridge/freezer and poking her head inside and letting the freezing air blow on her face. It seems to help a lot.

Everyone is different, but there are some common triggers. Use it as a guide, but keeping your food diary will help you avoid your personal triggers.

COMMON TRIGGERS

smoking ~ spicy foods ~ hot drinks ~ alcohol ~ exposure to sunlight ~ extreme hot and cold ~ chocolate ~ dairy including yogurt, sour cream, cheese (except cottage cheese) ~ alcohol - red wine, beer, vodka, gin, bourbon, and champagne ~ soy sauce ~ yeast ~ eggplant ~ avocados ~ spinach ~ lima beans ~ navy beans ~ peas ~ tomatoes ~ bananas ~ red plums ~ raisins ~ figs ~ WATCH the nitrites/nitrates in foods like bacon, hot dogs, some preserved sausages (like salami and pepperoni) lunch meats etc.

Medications to Avoid: certain types of blood pressure meds like nitrates, calcium channel blockers, and thiazide diuretics but IF you are already taking them, DON'T STOP without checking w the DOC to see if she can prescribe something else. Potent cortisone or steroid medications on the face can cause some people to have flares after prolonged use. CHECK w the DOC first.

A lot of people have trouble with astringent skin cleansers containing ~ alcohol ~ witch hazel ~ peppermint ~ eucalyptus oil ~ clove oil ~ fragrance ~ menthol ~ salicylic acid

Some foods that can DECREASE FLAREUPS and SOOTH ROSACEA are bland, less spicy foods ~ nonalcoholic cool beverages Iced Tea! the tanic acid in teas might be a benefit and the coolness definitely helps ~ caffeine-free drinks ~ nondairy cheese ~cool temperature foods (cold salads, sandwiches, etc.) - LOTS OF ICE in your drinks can be a relief

I know I go on and on and on and on...sorry about that. But if ANY of these hints help you, then I don't mind being full of hot air this time :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    hi,im Dimitris....

i hope soon you feel better...

i find it very brave that you express your self...

this place is fun....

feel free to tell us your thought and ideas...

and Remember....

tomorrow is a new day.....think positive...

and really,alot of members here at AET are really funny... or they think they are ...or they trying... ;)

LOL! True..... :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    You've got a partner in crime:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=193720
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. Please don't beat yourself up (re: your comment about some people thinking rosacea being an issue of vain). You feel what you feel and you shouldn't feel bad about how you feel, but you can find ways to manage those feelings.

Also, have faith that you will feel better one day. It may not feel possible, but it is and you will get there. In the meantime, surround yourself with people that care for you. I also think you should find a new therapist. There are good ones out there, I promise you, but it just sometimes takes time to find a good fit and it's often challenging to figure that out at the time when you need help the most. Maybe bring someone you trust with you to the first few sessions for them to help you gauge fit.

Lastly, do something you love every single day. For example, if you love a certain TV show, watch it every day. Even if it doesn't do anything at the time, it will trigger your happy feelings :)

Most people have gone through this at some point in their lives, just know that you're not the only one and you're not weak in any way.
  • BELLZDEEPBELLZDEEP Posts: 289
    FrankieG wrote:

I will offer you my current perspective though... Life is a balance. Everything is balanced. Good and evil. Happiness and saddness. etc. My views came from my current major (Mechanical Engineering) and the way my brain thinks scientifically. We have proved Conservation of Energy, Conservation of Momentum, Conservation of Mass, etc Why wouldn't these Conservation Laws apply to inmeasurable forms of human emotion? I firmly believe that they do.

You are really sad/depressed now, but since this inner energy is balanced, the 'amount' of depression you feel will be equal to the 'amount' of happiness you feel in the future. Think of it like a Sine Wave. You need to have valeys in order to reach the next peak. In your case, the valleys are very large, but that also means that the peaks will be very large as well!

Life is about perspective and if everything is always good, than that level of good will turn into normal and be boring. You need to experience the bad to appreciate the good when it comes. So make it through this rough patch, and you will have the good following shortly afterward!

pretty much what i wanted to say, but you said it so much better!!!!!!! thank you...and your right about this!!! this is what i call 'unproven fact'....though it's kinda proven
  • still here, thansk for your reply yes i have been keepng a food diary ,but apparently i have a lot of food triiggers and i can eat almost nothing,, so i am sure that contributes to the depression ,,
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    still here, thansk for your reply yes i have been keepng a food diary ,but apparently i have a lot of food triiggers and i can eat almost nothing,, so i am sure that contributes to the depression ,,

have you tried steak? steak always makes me happy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • im glad some of you find other peoples pain and misery a joke ,,,
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    welcome to the AET!

I just really want to say it's okay to say that you are depressed, it's okay that you aren't feeling yourself right now.

One of the things I learned was that, the less people talk about it, it somehow makes depression 'wrong' or 'taboo'. The more you talk about it, the more you talk to people about how you feel (make sure you talk to people who will be supportive), the better you feel. Some people will say 'just get over it' and it's best to remove yourself from their negative energy.

Try something new, something you haven't experienced before. Maybe there is something you've always wanted to try, go for it! Get your mind working in a different way to balance out the energies. See if your community has low cost or free enrichment programs.

Not saying you have to do this right now, I believe in letting yourself be sad for a bit, but slowly make changes. therapy can help, but it takes quite a while. I wish you the best of luck, there is a wonderful world at the end of that dark tunnel.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    edited August 2012
    81 wrote:
    still here, thansk for your reply yes i have been keepng a food diary ,but apparently i have a lot of food triiggers and i can eat almost nothing,, so i am sure that contributes to the depression ,,

have you tried steak? steak always makes me happy
    Unless its smothered in ketchup.

vedderrzzgrl10, hope you find some good options for coping with things, most of us here are willing to listen if that'll help in any way.
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    BELLZDEEP wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

pretty much what i wanted to say, but you said it so much better!!!!!!! thank you...and your right about this!!! this is what i call 'unproven fact'....though it's kinda proven

Thanks! And it's definitely been proven in my life! ;)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Hi, I am Tree,
    And I know how you feel.. I don't have Rosacea,
    but Ido have a much more fucked up condition.
    I cannot pronounce, let alone spell it here for you,
    but is horrifically embarrassing and disgusting to boot.
    I let everyone think it is psoriasis, but really all
    My "scabs" are self-inflicted. I cannot stop it, though
    Meds seem to help diminishit some.
    I try to avoid the foods that make it worse like highly
    acidic foods. But there's really no making it go away.
    I often find myself hiding for dayson end, for fear of going
    somewhere and having kids point and ask their mothers,
    what's wrong with my face. I have lost jobs
    cause they think I'm on drugs, I have had my cars searched
    by the police, on routine traffic stops because they think
    I'm a meth-head...I have had people randomly offer
    cards that ilude to drug counseling. So yeah I hide in my house
    a lot.
    But have hope because those who love you, truly love
    you, and are going to always be there for you. I feel for
    your condition, it isNOT fun, I know, but there reasons
    for everything we go through in life..and we just have to keep
    moving forward. I hope you feel better soon, and trust, this
    Is the best place to come vent. These people have put
    Up with MY rambling, whining, and crying for fifteen plus
    years! They're the BEST!!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm sorry you're feeling so depressed, I hope you start feeling better soon. A neighbor of mine- her daughter also has rosacea and her doctor did prescribe an ointment or lotion to put on her cheeks.

Please make an appointment with your doctor - there are lotions that will help your skin.

Take care,
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    hello, i know this is a silly place to write , but for many many years I have been a pearl jam obsessd fan , but as of recent I was diagnosed with rosacea which many people think is just a issue of vain , but can be very life altering anyways , since my diagnosis i have gone into a depression , yes i have seen a therapist but she did not help , i can even listen to pearl jam's music ! i feel so alone ,and although i rarely post her i have been an avid lurker for many years ! Im not really sure why I posted this here , i was just hoping mybe for a little help from a place where i have felt comfortable for decades :)
    thanks

hi, i kinda know how you feel. I have some rosacea as well. It's not too bad though (mostly round my nose and few spots on my forehead).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • im glad some of you find other peoples pain and misery a joke ,,,

Please don't feel like anyone is taking pleasure in your pain,I'm pretty new to 10c,but "know" most of the people who have been posting here for you,and I don't think that they are poking fun,but just trying to hopefully make you laugh out loud at something your reading here.I realize these things don't always traslate well when posted,but I believe everyone who has posted her so far does truly wish you better...
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    There is no cure but there are a lot of good treatment options available
    It may take some time to figure out what works for you but you'll get there
    Wishing you happier days vedderzzgrl10
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Hello i hope that you feel better soon i've been depressed for the past couple of months i'm not on any meds i just try to see the good in all things ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    my skin cleared up when i went gluten free. i have lots of tips if you need them. :)
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Hello i hope that you feel better soon i've been depressed for the past couple of months i'm not on any meds i just try to see the good in all things ....

You will have therapy amongst PJ peeps soon...
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    I found that going to a dermatologist could help. On the other hand, the antibiotics they prescribe (usually doxycycline) trigger vicious migraines in addition to nausea, so I cannot tolerate the meds for long.

My skin is worst in summer (hot and humid) and winter (cold and dry); that might be the only reason I am looking forward to fall. Things I have found that helped: quit using washcloth on my face (fingertips only!); salicylic acid cleanser and/or "toner"; Cetaphil moisturizer and/or cleanser (I alternate with the acne/salicylic acid cleanser). This works as well as or better than the crazy-expensive stuff the dermatologist was prescribing for me.

I understand feeling down about your appearance; there have been many days I have been ashamed to leave the house, and I've rearranged my schedule more times than I care to admit to avoid being seen by anyone when the breakouts are bad.

But -- If you are full-blown depressed, consider that there might be something else going on that is contributing to both the skin problems and the depression. It could be something as "simple" as stress and/or lack of sleep having an adverse effect on everything. I recommend seeing your doctor and requesting bloodwork; get estrogen and thyroid levels checked. I and a number of other women with thyroid disease I know found that we began having acne right around the same time that our thyroid levels went haywire. If you have an underlying problem and you are able to address it, the other issues should at least get a little better.

I'm never on this part of the forum; feel free to send me a message.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • What of voidofman said...
    I am going through a bad bout at the moment.
    Music helps, take my mind of it for a bit.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014