get your pets .......

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
licensed people.

Or if you dont, make sure the contractor hasnt left the gate unsecured. Oh and make sure your neighbors know where the dog lives so they dont call animal control to pick up your wayward pooch out on a walk by herself.

close to 200 in fines and fees. and she had to spend the night in doggy jail.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    that's fucking stupid

carl: oh my god! helen, get me the fucking phone! i'm fucking pissed! there is a well taken care of puppy dog runnin free and i am calling the frickin dog catcher, the cops, the sheriff's department & i swear to frickin god i'm callin the army reserves.

helen: i'm screwin the neighbor @ the moment because my marriage to you is dumb as shit! go frig yourself, carl.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    chadwick :mrgreen:

This is why I trust no workers in our home without one of us present - I've heard all too often of this type of thing happening.

Chipping your pets is worthwhile too!

I hope your pooch wasn't too traumatized by all that, mickeyrat.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Just shoot 'em.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i love how idiotic and money hungry animal control is.

My dogs stay inside the house 90% of the time. There is a dog kennel and dogloo in the yard...which is overgrown with grass (I cannot mow the lawn as I am deathly allergic to grass pollen).

Got a notice on my door a few years ago that said, "A recent canvass of your neighborhood indicated that you have an un-licenced animal residing at your residence. If your pet is unlicensed, you will be fined $XX, please register your pet/s using the enclosed forms along with your payment"

So first of all, the only way they would know I had a dog is because they snooped in my yard. I copied the cancelled check from the county, copied the returned registration form, copied the dog's TAG, and took a picture of my dog wearing his collar with the license on, and copied all the other checks from the previous years and sent them the following note: "I received a notice that I have an unlicensed pet. Please do a thorough check of licensed and un-licensed animals in your database. Had that been done, you would have known that my dog is indeed registered, and has been registered every year for the last 5 years. I have included copies of my checks and returned registration forms for your convenience. Rest assured, you will receive another check in 10 months when his registration is due. I appreciate your concern"

Since then the city became incorporated so when I sent in my registration, they returned it saying I had to send it to a different office. They failed to tell me what that new office address is, so my dog is un-licensed. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i love how idiotic and money hungry animal control is.

My dogs stay inside the house 90% of the time. There is a dog kennel and dogloo in the yard...which is overgrown with grass (I cannot mow the lawn as I am deathly allergic to grass pollen).

Got a notice on my door a few years ago that said, "A recent canvass of your neighborhood indicated that you have an un-licenced animal residing at your residence. If your pet is unlicensed, you will be fined $XX, please register your pet/s using the enclosed forms along with your payment"

So first of all, the only way they would know I had a dog is because they snooped in my yard. I copied the cancelled check from the county, copied the returned registration form, copied the dog's TAG, and took a picture of my dog wearing his collar with the license on, and copied all the other checks from the previous years and sent them the following note: "I received a notice that I have an unlicensed pet. Please do a thorough check of licensed and un-licensed animals in your database. Had that been done, you would have known that my dog is indeed registered, and has been registered every year for the last 5 years. I have included copies of my checks and returned registration forms for your convenience. Rest assured, you will receive another check in 10 months when his registration is due. I appreciate your concern"

Since then the city became incorporated so when I sent in my registration, they returned it saying I had to send it to a different office. They failed to tell me what that new office address is, so my dog is un-licensed. :lol:

Ignornace is no excuse law breaker.
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm not ignorant, the county is.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm not ignorant, the county is.

Do you due dilligence and send the money to the proper office law breaker. Next case please. :lol:

wapner.png
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    hedonist wrote:
    chadwick :mrgreen:

This is why I trust no workers in our home without one of us present - I've heard all too often of this type of thing happening.

Chipping your pets is worthwhile too!

I hope your pooch wasn't too traumatized by all that, mickeyrat.
    oh no. happy as a lark , checking that gate EVERY time she gets let out!!!

I really do need to walk her more than I do.

To be honest , I hadnt really cared to get the license. When she has gotten out before, she just does her thing sniffing at and peeing on stuff. When shes done with her little solo stroll , she just comes back and lays down by the gate or door.

I have since gotten her a name plate thing with address and phone # on it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    DS1119 wrote:

Do you due dilligence and send the money to the proper office law breaker. Next case please. :lol:

wapner.png

go play in traffic midget

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

wapner.png

during rush hour :P

we need excellent reasons to ban cars.

edited August 2012
    side note, I bitched about it to the contractors.

It was my negligence in not getting her licensed , BUT they left the gate unsecured. I was only hoping for/expecting thenm to pay about half the fine. They said they would take care of all of it. They still suck.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat wrote:

we need excellent reasons to ban cars.

Don't even get me started here bleeding heart. :P
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

wapner.png

Don't you actually need to be over 5'2" to even think about calling someone else a midget? When you sit in a seat at the cinema do your feet touch the gound? :P
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

wapner.png

Don't you actually need to be over 5'2" to even think about calling someone else a midget? When you sit in a seat at the cinema do your feet touch the gound? :P
    she doesnt watch movies .

see the movies rkcndy has not seen thread.

go swallow some magnets DS...

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    go swallow some magnets DS...

Don't you have a mushroom to go sit under hobbit?
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Your turn Lisa
    rollings wrote:
    Your turn Lisa

if I made a reply, Kat/Sea would get very angry and give me a time out.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    Your turn Lisa

if I made a reply, Kat/Sea would get very angry and give me a time out.

:wave:
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Don't you actually need to be over 5'2" to even think about calling someone else a midget? When you sit in a seat at the cinema do your feet touch the gound? :P[/quote

"At the cinema"...I always thought you went to the "movies" here in the States. :fp:

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Hedonist :mrgreen:

Getting your pets microchipped is the best way to protect your pets from getting thrown in the county lock up!

Good call!

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Children these days