Need hotel rec's for Missoula

MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 750
edited August 2012 in The Porch
Heading to Missoula, in need for hotel rec's please

Thank you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    I'm staying at the budget inn... It's walking distance from both the venue and the preparty. It was pretty cheap when I booked it but I have no clue how expensive it'll be at this point
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    edited August 2012
    A bunch at the Comfort Inn across the river as well. Short walk across the pedestrian bridge. I got a better rate calling them directly than what was online.
    Post edited by jwhjr17 on
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 595
    Would love to see some suggestions as well. Also curious if a rental car would be considered a must in Missoula. What distance is the airport from the venue?
  • jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    so i guess it will be to cold to camp?
    If I wasn't going by myself I would rent a cabin I think that would be cool.
    If anybody wants to go in on a cabin,
    it
    might be affordable and a damn good time
    lmk thanks
    until next time......
  • JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    how far from the venue are these cabins?
  • jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    I have just googled cabins for rent in that area and came across some nice cabins.
    Some have pool tables some in town just depends
    but I am very interested in renting one if I can find
    a few others that are down
    until next time......
  • I'm staying at the Campus Inn. Stayed there in '05 too. Within walking distance of show and downtown.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    MoonTurtle wrote:

Thank you

Rooms are mostly sold out everywhere within a reasonable distance to the venue, so book the first hotel you find is available and go from there.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    100 Pacer wrote:
    MoonTurtle wrote:

Thank you

Rooms are mostly sold out everywhere within a reasonable distance to the venue, so book the first hotel you find is available and go from there.

I just got into the Campus Inn a week or so ago. It looks like there's others in the $60 range, but you'll be hoofing it a couple miles.
  • cent208cent208 Posts: 435
    thanks for the recommendations
    "The pain is temporary the pride is forever."
  • FlannelGalFlannelGal Minneapolis, MN Posts: 532
    Red Lion Inn. Not too far from the venue it looks like and around $100. Free Breakfast!
    07-09-95 Milwaukee, WI (Summerfest) - 10-08-00 Alpine Valley Music -06-16-03 St. Paul, MN - 09-03-11 Alpine Valley Music Theatre -09-04-11 Alpine Valley Music Theatre - 09-30-12 Missoula, MT - 07-19-13 Wrigley Field - 11-15-13 Dallas, TX - 10-3-14 St Louis, MO - 10-19-14 St Paul, MN
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    DJ253147 wrote:
    Would love to see some suggestions as well. Also curious if a rental car would be considered a must in Missoula. What distance is the airport from the venue?

8.4 miles from the airport to the event center.

I'm sure you could find a ride to the event center.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DJ253147 wrote:

We need an official who can pick me up at the airport thread.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DJ253147 wrote:

I'm all for this!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DJ253147 wrote:

I will walk and get you at the airport...then we can walk to Big Sky Brewing for a beer.
    (or you can call the hotel for the free shuttle)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I will walk and get you at the airport...then we can walk to Big Sky Brewing for a beer.
    (or you can call the hotel for the free shuttle)

Walk? It's that close?

Walk? It's that close?

0.9 miles from airport to the hotel...I'm going to get unlost and afro...wait, I think they have to get a car...so maybe I will destroy their hotel room before they get there... :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Walk? It's that close?

0.9 miles from airport to the hotel...I'm going to get unlost and afro...wait, I think they have to get a car...so maybe I will destroy their hotel room before they get there... :lol:

oh, I guess I just thought afro was riding on mustaches the whole time she was in Missoula.
    RKCNDY wrote:

Walk? It's that close?

oh, I guess I just thought afro was riding on mustaches the whole time she was in Missoula.

not sure about that...where's Heisenberg or the rest of the mustache crew to confirm?

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DJ253147 wrote:

Cabs are good. I think there are shuttles into town as well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I just booked a room at The Hawthorn Suites out by the Airport for $71.00 a night on Hotwire!!
    It's listed as a 3-star hotel if you're interested in booking this one :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave wrote:
    I just booked a room at The Hawthorn Suites out by the Airport for $71.00 a night on Hotwire!!

WTF?

***runs off to yell at some poor desk person***

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

WTF?

Why, are they ripping you off?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

WTF?

Why, are they ripping you off?

well hotwire won't tell you the name of the hotel (they buy big blocks of rooms for a discount) so I'd have to guess which one it is. The $70 hotel on the site isn't in the same area as the Hawthorn.

derbydave is paying about $20 less than I am... eh, all the cool kids are staying there anyway.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    RKCNDY wrote:

Walk? It's that close?

:lol::lol::lol:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... s#p4565253
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

what are the plans for sat? Steaks and Mustache beers? :D

Steaks and mustache rides.

:leaving:

I am tall enough for mustache rides, so I have no objection to this plan. :D
    #FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    jopetto75 wrote:
    so i guess it will be to cold to camp?
    If I wasn't going by myself I would rent a cabin I think that would be cool.
    If anybody wants to go in on a cabin,
    it
    might be affordable and a damn good time
    lmk thanks
    Lot of folks camping at the KOA. Our site has room for 6 we have 3-4 now. It is a tent site. I think all the cabins in the KOA are reserved.
    #FHP
    edited August 2012
    RKCNDY wrote:

well hotwire won't tell you the name of the hotel (they buy big blocks of rooms for a discount) so I'd have to guess which one it is. The $70 hotel on the site isn't in the same area as the Hawthorn.

derbydave is paying about $20 less than I am... eh, all the cool kids are staying there anyway.

That is one of the biggest "GAMBLES" using Hotwire to book hotel rooms...but I've never been disappointed with the results & more often than not I've gotten incredible deals at AMAZING hotels when using Hotwire!!
    Just make sure you pick a STAR RATING that you are comfortable with and read the posted reviews for the hotels you are considering!!

Here's the listing that got me the Hawthorn Suites:

$71
    per room per night

Missoula Intl Airport MSO area hotel
    Where's the address? You get the lowest prices. We hide the name. Learn why

Area map
    (4.5 - 8.5 mi from city center)

Recommended in 90% of Hotwire customer reviews

Best value

Amenities: Suite, Indoor pool(s), Airport Shuttle See all
    Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet

The final total ended up being around $85 with fees and taxes...
    so don't feel like they are ripping you off :D
    Hope this helps some of those looking for hotels in Missoula...
    PLUS you may get to stay at the COOL HOTEL :lol::lol::lol:
    Also...I will have a rental car and may have room for a few fans going to the Pre-party and show on Sunday!!

This is gonna be a GREAT TIME!!! :ugeek:
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

derbydave wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That is one of the biggest "GAMBLES" using Hotwire to book hotel rooms...but I've never been disappointed with the results & more often than not I've gotten incredible deals at AMAZING hotels when using Hotwire!!

Here's the listing that got me the Hawthorn Suites:

$71
    per room per night

Missoula Intl Airport MSO area hotel
    Where's the address? You get the lowest prices. We hide the name. Learn why

Area map
    (4.5 - 8.5 mi from city center)

Recommended in 90% of Hotwire customer reviews

Best value

Amenities: Suite, Indoor pool(s), Airport Shuttle See all
    Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet

The final total ended up being around $85 with fees and taxes...
    so don't feel like they are ripping you off :D
    Hope this helps some of those looking for hotels in Missoula...
    PLUS you may get to stay at the COOL HOTEL :lol::lol::lol:
    Also...I will have a rental car and may have room for a few fans going to the Pre-party and show on Sunday!!

This is gonna be a GREAT TIME!!! :ugeek:
    Hotwire and Priceline have minimum standards and are pretty careful about what they're willing to post under a certain star rating. They don't list shitty places (perhaps a couple get through the net, but I've sure never seen it). You will really never get a hole of a hotel when booking through them.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Hotwire and Priceline have minimum standards and are pretty careful about what they're willing to post under a certain star rating. They don't list shitty places (perhaps a couple get through the net, but I've sure never seen it). You will really never get a hole of a hotel when booking through them.

I actually made money off of one Hotwire deal...
    I booked a hotel at the Diagem Crowne Plaza hotel at the Airport in Brussels Belgium.
    The main reason I booked this hotel was because of their shuttle to the Airport.
    About a week before my trip to Europe, Hotwire notified me that the Crowne Plaza Airport Shuttle would not be available during the time of my stay...but since this was an amenity promised at the time of booking they would pay for me to take a taxi to the airport and they gave me a 100 HOT DOLLAR credit to my account!!
    I only paid $89.00 for the room in the first place :D

• WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    we're staying at the Red Lion.... 129 a night
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2