Options

EV Las Vegas - Accommodation Tips?

giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
edited October 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
I have a ticket to EV in Las Vegas, and am starting to look at airfare / accommodation.

Any tips for a decent, reasonably priced place to stay? Circus Circus seems to be the best price, but it seems to be pretty far away. Any thoughts on the Excalibur (looks pretty cheesy), Royal Suites, Imperial Palace.

Thanks much.
"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Well if you're renting a car, then all of those would work for the cheapest options. But as with everything in this world, be prepared to get what you pay for as they are definitely on the low end. The Imperial Palace would be the closest to the Palms of all of these if you want to walk to the shows. I know a lot of fans had said they found ok rates at the Palms itself, at the super close Gold Coast right across the street, and at the Rio which is across the street and over one. You could walk to and from the show to the Imperial Palace as it really wouldn't be too far to do so. Feel free to PM if you have any other questions. And definitely come join us at the official pre-parties I've organized.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182479

Cheers!
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    I have a ticket to EV in Las Vegas, and am starting to look at airfare / accommodation.

Any tips for a decent, reasonably priced place to stay? Circus Circus seems to be the best price, but it seems to be pretty far away. Any thoughts on the Excalibur (looks pretty cheesy), Royal Suites, Imperial Palace.

Thanks much.

Me and my friend are staying at the Palms....this is where the drinking will be happening.....just putting that out there :lol::lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    kwarlockwarloc Posts: 42
    the palms... why drive after the show?
  • Options
    kwarloc wrote:
    the palms... why drive after the show?

Exactly!!Party at whatever bar(s) there after the show!!

• Options
    Thanks for the tips! I am busy checking rates & flights, fingers crossed for a deal at the Palms :D

See you all there, and at the pre-party.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips! I am busy checking rates & flights, fingers crossed for a deal at the Palms :D

See you all there, and at the pre-party.

Could someone post a link to the pre party thread? I can't seem to find it :?

• Options
    Hi AlbertaGirl,

Is this what you were looking for: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182479
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 379
    We stayed at the Gold Coast when we THOUGHT we were going to see Eddie Vedder last spring. We paid a little extra for an updated room and it was only $37/nt. There is a buffet there that is nothing special, but not bad at all, and it's cheap! Great for breakfast. Right across the street from the Palms. It also has a shuttle to the strip if you don't rent a car. We are planning to stay there again in Oct/Nov.

The first time we went to Vegas we stayed at Circus Circus because it was on the strip and cheap. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!!! It is terrible. TERRIBLE.
  • Options
    I agree. Steer clear of Circus Circus. It’s rundown and not close to anything else on the Strip. My friend stayed there this summer in order to save a few bucks and regretted it. Gold Coast or Rio are in walking distance to the Palms and they both have a free shuttle bus to the Strip.
  • Options
    Hi AlbertaGirl,

Is this what you were looking for: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182479

That was it,thnx!! Went and added myself and my +1 :D

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687

Thanks much.

Me and my friend are staying at the Palms....this is where the drinking will be happening.....just putting that out there :lol::lol:

These Vegas shows are going to be so much fun, I just can't wait! Me and my guy are staying at da Palms too....Let's party. :D
  • Options
    Just booked flight and Gold Coast Hotel Oct 31-Nov 2... now I just need a ticket for Night 1.
    Thank you all for sending a reply.
    Just over two months to go. See you soon.
  • Options

Thanks much.

These Vegas shows are going to be so much fun, I just can't wait! Me and my guy are staying at da Palms too....Let's party. :D

WooHoo,can't wait to take over the Palms with you MissPennyLane!!

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Me and my friend are staying at the Palms....this is where the drinking will be happening.....just putting that out there :lol::lol:[/quote]

These Vegas shows are going to be so much fun, I just can't wait! Me and my guy are staying at da Palms too....Let's party. :D[/quote]

WooHoo,can't wait to take over the Palms with you MissPennyLane!![/quote]

It's soooo on! How many nights are you staying there? I just can't wait to not have to worry about anything but having a good time :D