Options

Beware the eBayer elke56

Dr Emmett BrownDr Emmett Brown Posts: 594
edited August 2012 in Lost Dogs
Just a word of warning - I wouldn't buy anything from this guy.

Got a Coppenhagen poster through him, and when it turned up only one end of the tube had a plastic cap on it, the other was stuffed with newspaper and covered with tape. The tube had got wet and the water had got onto the poster leaving various water stains down the side. In addition to this, there were several small tears to all of the edges and the poster was filthy - covered in hand prints and other stains, and there are cracks on some of the dark areas corresponding to where it clearly hasn't been handled properly - he'd advertised it as in perfect condition and as new.

I contacted him and he said he didn't believe me, and wanted pictures - every time I tried to send pictures to the address I gave, they bounced back. Finally managed to get some through to him and he came back and says he still doesn't believe me, despite there being clear photographic evidence that it's in poor shape.

The thing is, I was going to let it go too - the frame I bought covered up most of the damage to the edges and the water marks there, and once it's pressed into the frame the cracked ares are only visible if you really look for them - but he accused me of lying, so I'm going through eBay to get at least some of my money back (it wasn't cheap either!)

Beware if coming across this guy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RK203603RK203603 Posts: 68
    I had an issue with this individual in Oct/Nov 2011 - filed buyer case claiming did not receive item from me - I provided customs form and USPS receipt to ebay.de.