115 degrees

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
...and the cat (black) still lays in the sun prior to crawling up and passing out under the covers of my bed. What a f'n nut!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    All I got out of this is you sleep with a cat. :lol:
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,679
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    What's your cat doing today? :corn:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i have 2 black cats...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    DS1119 wrote:
    What's your cat doing today? :corn:
    Cat stuff
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Not cat related, but after work today my car was reading a cool 123.
    My door left a burn mark on my hand and my right wrist has the shape of a Nissan drivers seat buckle on it.

:D
    mca47 wrote:
    My door left a burn mark on my hand and my right wrist has the shape of a Nissan drivers seat buckle on it.

Good times huh?! :lol:
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    mca47 wrote:

man.... thank god work has a parking garage...

Getting into a 130+ degree car after a frustrating day of work is a terrible experience... and it always takes like an hour worth of driving before your AC system manages to recover... :cry:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    shep wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

man.... thank god work has a parking garage...

Getting into a 130+ degree car after a frustrating day of work is a terrible experience... and it always takes like an hour worth of driving before your AC system manages to recover... :cry:

Yup..by the time the car cools down I'm already home. :fp:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:

really makes me want to move to AZ :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

really makes me want to move to AZ :fp:

You don't have a Nissan, you'll be fine.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    It was probably 123 at 8PM. i visited scottsdale last June. Really nice town, but hot as fuck.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    It was probably 123 at 8PM. i visited scottsdale last June. Really nice town, but hot as fuck.

isn't june the cool season. :lol:

i've been out there twice. once in march which was pretty awesome and once in august which was pretty aweful. i remember getting in the pool and it beign hotter than then the air. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    It's a dry heat...right? :D
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    lukin2006 wrote:

dry_heat.jpg
    LloydXmas wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

dry_heat.jpg

exactly...it makes it soo much better :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    lukin2006 wrote:

It does feel better to me. I remember going through downtown Knoxville once and a bank thermometer read "Temp: 99/ Humidity 99%" And it was midnight! Phew!

It was 100 here in Placerville, CA, yesterday and the store's carpet had been cleaned the night before and was still damp. It was like working in a sauna... only you had to keep your clothes on. :lol:

I'll take dry heat over humid any day!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    brianlux wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

It does feel better to me. I remember going through downtown Knoxville once and a bank thermometer read "Temp: 99/ Humidity 99%" And it was midnight! Phew!

It was 100 here in Placerville, CA, yesterday and the store's carpet had been cleaned the night before and was still damp. It was like working in a sauna... only you had to keep your clothes on. :lol:

You reminded me of a show that PJ played down here in Florida during the summer once. Ed was sweating like crazy from the get-go, and he said something to the degree of, "this humidity is ruining my hairdo." :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    brianlux wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I've to Phoenix and it was a 112 and it's definitely felt hotter here in Souther Ontario in the low 90's. Humidity sucks.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    DS1119 wrote:
    :lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Yeah, I'll take a dry 110 over a humid 90 any day.

I was just in South Carolina for work. Getting off that plane was miserable. Then getting out of the airport to get my car was disgusting! I don't know how anyone can deal with that!
    Humidity blows. Anyone remember Hartford 2008. :crazy:
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    Over 100 again today plus a little humidity cloudage. Cloudage? WTF? :wtf: More like brain melt! :lol: :crazy:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.