Andy Reid's Son Found Dead at Training Camp

oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
How truly awful.

"Andy Reid's oldest son, Garrett, was found dead this morning in a Lehigh dorm room, where the Eagles hold training camp. It was reported earlier that the head coach was not at practice this morning because of a "personal reason" and the team indicated general manager Howie Roseman would address the media to discuss his absence. The Philadelphia Inquirer noted that the last time Reid missed practice was in 2007 when Garrett was arrested on gun and drug-related charges.

Roseman addressed the media moments ago and announced the news that Garrett Reid was found dead this morning. Lehigh police said there there is no suspicious activity involved, but an investigation continues.

"I have some heartbreaking news to share with you all," an emotional Roseman said. "It is with great sadness that I tell you Garrett Reid, the oldest son of Coach Reid, was found dead this morning in his room here at training camp. This is a tough morning for all us."

Andy Reid requested that camp continue without him."

http://deadspin.com/5931920/andy-reids-son-found-dead-at-eagles-training-camp
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I wonder who pulled the needle out of his arm before they alerted the coach of his sons passing.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sad times for that family again. :(
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I wonder who pulled the needle out of his arm before they alerted the coach of his sons passing.

Wow...
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Very sad, heroin is such a tough demon for those addicted to get over. Andy hasn't been the same since his family troubles began.
  • ThePedroThePedro Posts: 330
    I wonder who pulled the needle out of his arm before they alerted the coach of his sons passing.
    Wow I can't belive that someone can be this heartless. Yes this young man had troubles as most people go thru at times in their lives still gives you no reason to kick the man while he's down. Very sad that this individual thought the worst before thinking of offering sympathy to the family who no doubt are going thru a very tough time with the loss of their son. RIP Garrett Reid my deepest sympathy to the family.
    "Is it just me or is common sense not that common anymore"