Blonde or Brunette?

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Thinking about going back to my natural blonde hair...less maintenance. Gimme some opinions :D

I couldn't resize the photo correctly, so here's the link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/NYTallicaChick/meblondebrown.jpg
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I like the brunette look much better! Has a lot more 'oomph' (for lack of better word :oops: ) than the blonde!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Your natural color is beautiful, so pretty, why use color when you don't have to?
  • PapPap Posts: 28,781
    Take it from a man too:
    pandora wrote:
    Your natural color is beautiful, so pretty, why use color when you don't have to?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    Pap wrote:
    Take it from a man too:
    pandora wrote:
    The blonde washes my face out...I generally have to put bronzer on my face so I don't look like a vampire :lol:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    go red! Or a red blond
    vduboise wrote:
    go red! Or a red blond

Some red is always good! Warms up your tone! :mrgreen:
    I used to do deep red throughout the dark brown, far too much upkeep for that. Because my hair is naturally light, it doesn't hold color for long....especially reds. I'd have to dye my hair every couple of weeks to keep the dark red I want. Then I'd be bald LOL.
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    redrock wrote:
    vduboise wrote:
    go red! Or a red blond

Some red is always good! Warms up your tone! :mrgreen:
    yes I like red! ;)
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    I used to do deep red throughout the dark brown, far too much upkeep for that. Because my hair is naturally light, it doesn't hold color for long....especially reds. I'd have to dye my hair every couple of weeks to keep the dark red I want. Then I'd be bald LOL.

Hair colouring is such a pain in the butt, especially with long hair, but I love it! I have quite long hair (way past my waist, to the small of my back - almost to my bottom) and having to put colour on is such a hassle. But I love it when it's freshly done. I'm sort of a reddish brown (getting lighter with age!), but I like it redder and darker!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Blonde or red, I'd say too. Your skin tone and your eyes match a brighter colour, I think it looks much more harmonious with the brighter hair. I'm also a blonde, and have had red, pink and dark brown hair before. But I also thought it was annoying to maintain. Now I'm quite happy being blonde again. It changes throughout the year, gets a little brighter in summer and a little darker in winter. I think the brown makes you look a little pale. Embrace your blondeness :D
    Blonde or red, I'd say too. Your skin tone and your eyes match a brighter colour, I think it looks much more harmonious with the brighter hair. I'm also a blonde, and have had red, pink and dark brown hair before. But I also thought it was annoying to maintain. Now I'm quite happy being blonde again. It changes throughout the year, gets a little brighter in summer and a little darker in winter. I think the brown makes you look a little pale. Embrace your blondeness :D
    me too! I have a shoulder length blonde afro :lol:
    embrace your blondness! ...well said :D

Your natural color and complexion are suited to you ...
    it's the way God made you ;)

and when you get old blondes go white not grey and that is beautiful too
    Oh trust me, I embrace my blondness...with my actions :lol:

What I like about the dark brown is that it makes my blue eyes really pop. I've always liked dark hair and blue eyes on anyone. Maybe I should do a brown/blonde combo and let the blonde fade in?
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    i like your natural color
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    What I like about the dark brown is that it makes my blue eyes really pop. I've always liked dark hair and blue eyes on anyone. Maybe I should do a brown/blonde combo and let the blonde fade in?

Sounds like the best of both worlds!! Both colors work for you, imho, so I say go the combo! Besides, having read many of your posts, your inner beauty shines through whatever the color of your hair!!

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
    barger395 wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

Sounds like the best of both worlds!! Both colors work for you, imho, so I say go the combo! Besides, having read many of your posts, your inner beauty shines through whatever the color of your hair!!

Cheers,
    Barger
    Well that was nice, thank you :D
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    The blonde is way better you are pale and washed out looking that dark.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Oh trust me, I embrace my blondness...with my actions :lol:

My daughter, also a lovely natural blonde, went very dark brown black during high school
    then a black blonde combo but is now growing her natural golden blonde
    back in with a brown blonde combo ... it is very pretty.

I personally think hair dye causes Alzheimer's, if one doesn't have to use chemicals
    why do it?

Hairdressers were at increased risk of death from Alzheimer’s disease, presenile dementia and motor neuron disease. These findings, Parker and his colleagues note, suggest a role for hair dyes, solvents or other chemicals used in salons.

- http://www.health.am/ab/more/range_of_j ... z22hB1rs00

I can imagine the cause and effect if one uses hair dye on their own head for 50+ years.