I need to quit texting

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://digitallife.today.msnbc.msn.com/ ... avine?lite
A Victoria College student believes he is lucky to be alive after a terrible crash. He was texting and driving back to his hometown of Ganado, Texas when his truck drove off the road and into a ravine.

One of the last things 21-year-old Chance Bothe texted before his crash nearly happened to him. He was having an argument with his friend via text when he typed, "I need to quit texting, because I could die in a car accident."

After the crash, Chance had an open compound fracture to his left ankle, a punctured right lung, multiple facial fractures along with lacerations, and a severe skull fracture with some apparent head trauma. Now, six months later, he's finally able to talk about what happened.

"They just need to understand, don't do it. Don't do it. It's not worth losing your life," he said, according to NBC-affiliate WAFF in Huntsville, Ala. "I went to my grandmother's funeral not long ago, and I kept thinking, it kept jumping into my head, I'm surprised that's not me up in that casket. I came very close to that, to being gone forever."

According to WAFF, Chance's father said that if his child was just learning to drive, he would disable texting and Internet on their phone.

Cliff.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

it's ok to wait until you arrive to respond.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    It amazes me how many people i see driving next to me while holding/looking at/talking on a cell phone...

I get the hell away from them as fast as possible..
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have voice to text on my phone...

but not like anybody texts me...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I have voice to text on my phone...

but not like anybody texts me...

text sent
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    texting while driving keeps me from sleeping while driving.
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Two negatives make a positive right? That's why I drink and text and drive.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Two negatives make a positive right? That's why I drink and text and drive.

it's just good science, is what it is.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I've had so many close calls with these types of people - most of them unaware they came *this* close to killing themselves AND ME.

This may be harsh, but I wish Darwinism would just take out these dipshits already.
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    hedonist wrote:
    I've had so many close calls with these types of people - most of them unaware they came *this* close to killing themselves AND ME.

This may be harsh, but I wish Darwinism would just take out these dipshits already.

Try commuting via bike these days. Fuck! I should have permission to make a citizens arrest AND pull these shitheads out of their cars for an LAPD style beatdown.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I NEVER text while I'm driving drunk.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    hedonist wrote:

:lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?