Your favorite souvenirs of your youth

supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Let's get sentimental for a moment, shall we? I have a lot of items I've saved from my teen years, and I love going through them from time to time to reminisce. On a recent trip back home I found two amazing t-shirts stuck in the back of my old closet: A bootleg tee from Pearl Jam's 1995 tour, and a Citizen Dick tee. I generally wore my t-shirts until they fell apart, so I had no idea that these two had survived.

Among my other prized youthful possessions are notebooks full of poetry and doodles, postcards from old friends when they traveled, my first pair of Chucks (I'm wearing these in the unlikely event I have a wedding. Maybe I'll wear the Citizen Dick tee, too), and ticket stubs from every concert I ever went to.

What are some of your favorite items you've held onto since you were a kid?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jeff2040jeff2040 Posts: 1,602
    My parents are moving so this topic is all too real! :roll: I was at their house this past weekend and I was looking at all of my old basketball and baseball cards. I always thought those would be worth a fortune! :lol:
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • I have an authentic SF 49ers jersey that I got when I was 10 that looked like a dress on me and now 28 years later barely fits. Damned if I dont keep that thing forever. (Even though I haven't worn it in about 15 years.)

At the house I grew up in my mom still has boxes and boxes of comics and baseball cards from when I was a pup.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    The Clash, The Who, Cheap Trick and Devo are the best audio souvenirs of my youth!