So I work 13 hours yesterday....

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
And they have the BALLS to wake me up this morning and ask me to come in early??

Those NOGOODROTTENPIECESOF !!!!!!!!!!!!

HEHEHEHE

So yeah I am going in early today....
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    worlds-smallest-violin.jpg
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Dont let the MAN bring you down!

thats the womans job
    :corn:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

thats the womans job

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

thats the womans job

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Look who's here... and no one even said "mandals"
  • worlds-smallest-violin.jpg
    From the guy who makes a living serving grilled cheese and ramen noodles....
    From the guy who makes a living serving grilled cheese and ramen noodles....

Would you like fries with that?

• Would you like fries with that?
    How is that beverage menu working out these days?

Do your customers prefer the grape Kool-Aid?
    Or do they prefer the Hawaiian Punch?
    Mamasan23 wrote:

thats the womans job

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

;) Ok, I got my monthly controversial post in -- Sorry. Women rule. Women are awesome. I know this. Please don't report this to my wife. :shifty:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Sounds like you need a government job, Speedy... I haven't worked for 13 hours in the last 15 years. I mean total, not in one day.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:

thats the womans job

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Look who's here... and no one even said "mandals"

:fp:

;) Ok, I got my monthly controversial post in -- Sorry. Women rule. Women are awesome. I know this. Please don't report this to my wife. :shifty:

:lol: Damn straight we're awesome!

Speedy just think...all that O/T can go to your $400 Montana fund!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    What does Howie Mandal have to do with this?

The Snoopy Snow Cone machine is a big hit.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874

can i get mine with extra booze if i make it there saturday?

has anyone warned you pearl jam fans are heading to your place for lunch? ;)

lol...no, no they haven't.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    toughen up a bit, sir. you're a truck driver you will bust your ass and that is that. you know the game now what? 34 years? yes old guy should get a break and the newer guys should be running 16hrs days pretty much daily.
    you're a CDL guy. you know the hard knocks of being a machine/robot moving along rolling chrome & steel. you're suppose to be above weakness, laziness, & slackjawed-jerkwater bullshit-artists

zero sympathy here, my friend!
    now unload the damn trailer. it's only 104degrees outside the thing
    what? 130-140degrees inside those things?

a very long time ago
    i loaded walmart trailers at a walmart warehouse
    fuck off!
    the freight comes at you (on rollers from the ceiling) so much so fast it is ridiculous
    only one of the very difficult jobs i've landed and disliked

(cross country) truck driving gets to be a huge pain the the frickin ass
    a love/hate relationship
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

:lol::lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    you and me both speeds!!! had to shut down at a truck stop and take my 10 hr break 30 miles from where i park. only had 9 minutes left on my 14. shut down with about 15 minutes left on my 14 today.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    you and me both speeds!!! had to shut down at a truck stop and take my 10 hr break 30 miles from where i park. only had 9 minutes left on my 14. shut down with about 15 minutes left on my 14 today.
    is there a DOT scales between you and your destination when out of hrs and you're that close? i would have drove onward. also, in some cases i did as you had done and was pissy as shit about it too.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387

:lol::lol::lol: Brilliant!
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    is there a DOT scales between you and your destination when out of hrs and you're that close? i would have drove onward. also, in some cases i did as you had done and was pissy as shit about it too.
    electronic logs there Chad. No way to get creative. Especially with line 3 drive time.

What really sucks is I was closer to my house than the distr. center we park at.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    electronic logs there Chad. No way to get creative. Especially with line 3 drive time.

What really sucks is I was closer to my house than the distr. center we park at.

Do you have to stay with your truck or can the GF pick you up to sleep at home?
    DS1119 wrote:
    he aint haulin nukes. :lol:
    yet anyway

like DS says, have the woman come and get u

electronic logs are fucked. i am not under that kinda thumb when i am runnin...when i ran, that is.
    fuck that.

paper logs. can you ever get paper logs?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I could have had her do that and would have but I was rolling out again at 0100 to do a double run today. I really needed the sleep. Slept about 10 hours of the 12 1/2 I was there.

Double run today meant about 450 paid miles . Plus I have the accesoral pay. 40 to unload the trailer and 10 for the second stop. Shit adds up over the week.

chadwick wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    he aint haulin nukes. :lol:
    yet anyway

like DS says, have the woman come and get u

electronic logs are fucked. i am not under that kinda thumb when i am runnin...when i ran, that is.
    fuck that.

paper logs. can you ever get paper logs?
    only when the qualcomm goes down. Other wise elog. works out though. YOU would have to round up or down on the 15 minute increment. I can log the actual minute. They do have their downsides but I just punch a button when needed.

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874

lol...no, no they haven't.

haha... nice

i haven't confirmed that my ball and chain will reach but i think a couple of people will be there between 1 and 2... so any rotten food you have to get rid of... just put it on a Betterman Special of the Day ;)