Your dumbass moments...

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Being a natural blonde, I have many...MANY "moments." I think this one is near the top 3 of all time:

My best friend and I were in my car one night, just driving around. Out of nowhere, this jeep comes up behind me, tailgating real bad. He followed me with every turn I made and started to freak me out. I ended up slamming on the gas and turning down a bunch of side roads. He kept up for a few minutes but I got far enough ahead. At this point, I was in a development of some sort. I decided to turn my lights off and try to make a turn somewhere, fast. Mind you, my car isn't exactly incognito...it's a Scion xB (the toaster car). And it's bright white. Well I thought if I got far enough ahead of this guy, turned off my lights and turned somewhere, I might lose him. It might have actually worked.....if I hadn't turned off my lights and USED MY BLINKER when I turned :fp: Suffice it to say, he found me. But I ended up turning onto a main road and saw a cop sitting on the side of the road. I pulled up next to the cop and the guy took off.

Anyone have any good "blonde" or "dumbass" moments?
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I have way to many to list. Just search some of my posts. All the little tidbits are here like a very bad biography. :fp:
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Being a natural blonde myself, I have to say I object to "blonde" and "dumbass" being represented as the same or very similar thing. :evil: :lol:

Anyway.. I'm sure I've had my share of moments, but nothing too major. At least as far as I can remember. :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    eMMI wrote:
    Being a natural blonde myself, I have to say I object to "blonde" and "dumbass" being represented as the same or very similar thing. :evil: :lol:

Anyway.. I'm sure I've had my share of moments, but nothing too major. At least as far as I can remember. :P
    LOL you can object, but too often they go hand-in-hand :P
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Oh man dumbass moments are what I'm known for in my group of friends. Any time someone does something stupid it's called 'pulling a Shannon'. So not proud of that :lol: (and I'm not blonde!!!!!!)

One that I'm still kicking myself for - years ago one of my best friends was in this band that was starting to pick up some steam in the Chicagoland area. He told me in confidence that he was thinking of quitting the band because he didn't want to sell out. So we're outside the Fireside Bowl before a show and I was chatting with the singer and asked him what they planned on doing after my friend left the band. Which, of course, he didn't know yet :fp:

They are still not speaking to each other!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    And it's bright white.

Is this one of those moments? ;)

What exactly is 'bright white,' and how is it different from just 'white?'
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Anyone ever look for their cell phone while they were speaking to someone on it :wave:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Anyone ever look for their cell phone while they were speaking to someone on it :wave:

:lol:

Nope, but I did come home to my dorm once after a night of drinking and set my keys in the refrigerator for some odd reason. I tore the room apart looking for the keys then finally found them when I went for a drink. :fp:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    JK_Livin wrote:
    No, but I have sat on and broken my glasses...more than once. :oops:
    ELITIST FUK
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    had a fish hook stuck in a finger once....that was annoying.

tired to skateboard down a fairly steep hill....that left some road rash

was playin in the snow fishtailing the truck....and drove over a curb

spun the car out a couple of times.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Landscaper caught the Mrs and I in a very compromising position in a parked car. Thankfully he wasn't holding his mobile phone.
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Forgot to put down the tailgate on my truck while unhooking the toy hauler...$800.00 for a new one in the blink of my eyes. :fp:

Oh, and just the other night, I went to slide my homemade pizza in the preheated oven, only to discover that my girlfriend the night before had put one of my beers in it. When asked about this, she used the "brownie" defense. I can tell you that the bottle was still intact after being subjected to 400 degrees for 20 minutes or so.

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    And it's bright white.

:lol: Well there are different kinds of white for cars. I forgot the exact name of mine, but it wasn't just "white". So THERE :P
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Not quite that, but I have looked for my lighter when it was in my hand :fp:

Here's another "classic Lisa" moment:
    Again I was driving with a friend. It was the middle of winter and the roads were a bit icy. My car was climbing a somewhat steep hill and I thought it'd be funny to stop half way up and roll back a little (I was like 18, I was easily entertained). Well genuis here didn't realize that ice + an incline = no bueno. So as my car rolled back a little, I hit the gas only to have my tires spin. I was stuck on the incline. My friend was like "And what exactly did you think was going to happen on an icy road?" Although we were laughing, I was getting a bit panicky. I told her she'd have to get out and push my car up :lol::lol::lol: The look on her face was priceless. She said "FUCK YOU I am not!" I ended up just slowly backing down the hill, nearly hitting a snow bank. Once safely down the hill, we laughed for a good 10 minutes.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I once had a Renault, back in the 80s
    Blue
    I parked it at Ames (old sorta WalMart-y type of place here on the east coast..now defunct)
    Went inside...did my business, came back out with packages
    Went to my car
    Opened the trunk
    Loaded my packages
    Got temporarily out of sorts with my husband for leaving empty motor oil cans and dirty rags in the trunk
    Walked around to the side of the car
    Noticed OH NO! My little son's Boom Box (it was the 80s :shock: ) was missing from the back window!
    Thought to myself what to do?
    Turned around looking for likely culprits in the parking lot
    Spotted a police car parked in the fire lane next store over
    Started to walk to the police car to make a report for the missing boombox/car was broken into, etc.
    On the way.....
    Passed my car.......MY CAR!
    OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!
    Boombox in the back window and all :shock:
    Practically ran back to "my other car" to open the trunk (didn't need a key on that model, just push the button)
    and unload my packages...silently apologizing to my husband since they were not his oil cans
    Looking like a criminal myself glancing side to side hoping above all things that the real owner of THIS car did not emerge from the store as I was rummaging through the trunk of THEIR car!
    Phewwwww...made it!
    Repacked the stuff in my trunk and took off like a bat outta hell!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    No Sense In Being Stupid 'Lest You Show It!....my Dad always made that remark to me and at that very moment I thought I knew why heheheeeee :fp:

Oh...and I'm not even blond...so no excuse
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    And it's bright white.

:lol: Well there are different kinds of white for cars. I forgot the exact name of mine, but it wasn't just "white". So THERE :P

:)

My brother drives a dark black chevy.

:D just messing with ya. I could tell you had a sense of humor.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    shouldn't this thread be titled "Your 'unlost dogs' moments"

camel toe...
    chocolate chip cookies...
    boat outdrive...
    trailer jack...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

camel toe...
    chocolate chip cookies...
    boat outdrive...
    trailer jack...

cockroaches
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Here's another classic:

When I was 16, I just bought my first brand new car (yeah it was a Dodge Neon but I was 16!!). So my sister and I drove to our local hangout where one of our friends was about to get off of work to pick him up. We had a couple minutes to kill and she wanted to drive, so me in all my driving knowledge allowed my 15 year old sister who had never driven a car before drive my car around the parking lot. She went around the front to park in front of the building - which had floor to ceiling windows. She started braking, thought she was accelerating, then slammed on the accelerator and drove right into the building. :fp:

Needless to say I was grounded for the entire summer and she didn't drive again until she was 21 ;)

At least no one got hurt!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    RKCNDY wrote:

truth
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Here's another classic:

When I was 16, I just bought my first brand new car (yeah it was a Dodge Neon but I was 16!!). So my sister and I drove to our local hangout where one of our friends was about to get off of work to pick him up. We had a couple minutes to kill and she wanted to drive, so me in all my driving knowledge allowed my 15 year old sister who had never driven a car before drive my car around the parking lot. She went around the front to park in front of the building - which had floor to ceiling windows. She started braking, thought she was accelerating, then slammed on the accelerator and drove right into the building. :fp:

Needless to say I was grounded for the entire summer and she didn't drive again until she was 21 ;)

i did that on motorcycle once. first time on one...driving around an empty parking lot slow...headed towards the edge....instead of grabbing break, i grabbed a handle full of throttle...hit the curb and flopped over the handle bars. mom was watching...she didn't like that too much. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Oh man dumbass moments are what I'm known for in my group of friends. Any time someone does something stupid it's called 'pulling a Shannon'. So not proud of that :lol: (and I'm not blonde!!!!!!)

One that I'm still kicking myself for - years ago one of my best friends was in this band that was starting to pick up some steam in the Chicagoland area. He told me in confidence that he was thinking of quitting the band because he didn't want to sell out. So we're outside the Fireside Bowl before a show and I was chatting with the singer and asked him what they planned on doing after my friend left the band. Which, of course, he didn't know yet :fp:

They are still not speaking to each other!

So you are the one who made STYX break-up!
    81 wrote:

i did that on motorcycle once. first time on one...driving around an empty parking lot slow...headed towards the edge....instead of grabbing break, i grabbed a handle full of throttle...hit the curb and flopped over the handle bars. mom was watching...she didn't like that too much. :lol:

Yikes!! I'd be afraid to ever ride a motorcycle after that!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    So you are the one who made STYX break-up!

• SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    The time I tried to "reason" with that black bear. Should have known he wasn't going to accept an out-of-town check.
    Snakeduck wrote:
    The time I tried to "reason" with that black bear. Should have known he wasn't going to accept an out-of-town check.

Not from a dude in lime green Crocs anyway...
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Snakeduck wrote:

There really needs to be an I'm-gonna-punch-you-in-the-back-of-the-head-first-chance-I-get smiley...
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

There really needs to be an I'm-gonna-punch-you-in-the-back-of-the-head-first-chance-I-get smiley...

Well - this site is still in beta. Be patient.
    My brother drives a dark black chevy.

:D just messing with ya. I could tell you had a sense of humor.
    :lol: I know, I wasn't taking it seriously. The only thing I take seriously is my sarcasm ;)
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Here's another classic:

Oh yes, I've done the "gas pedal/brake pedal confusion" thing before. My roommate and I were pulling into a parking spot at work. As she was sipping her coffee, I thought it'd be funny to hit the brake hard, so the coffee would spill a little (I'm a prankster, what can I say). I hit the gas instead and the car lunged, coming *this close* to hitting the wall. In the end, she did end up getting coffee on herself :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    that time i joined the pearl jam message board :fp:
    norm wrote:
    that time i joined the pearl jam message board :fp:

damn...that just popped into my head too. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote: