Any Drummers in AZ or any where wanna help me out :)

dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
edited July 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey fellow 10 clubbers.

I have been trying to learn how to drum and its getting to be harder than I thought learning on my own. I have been buying books,dvd's, and watching Youtube. Im pretty sure I will not progress properly if I continue in this fashion :(

Im looking for any one in the Phoenix/Surprise area that may want to help teach me some drums. I can pay or trade you some cool Pearl Jam merch.

For every one else any tips you can send along is welcomed also.

Im getting there but not as fast as if I had live help. Thanks :D
Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SCMike10SCMike10 Posts: 195
    When I first started playing I used to try to play along to the radio. Find a classic rock station, and try to play what you hear. That helped me a lot. And not to bash anyone, but put on some AC/DC- they use the same drum beat in almost every song, and it will help build your confidence!
    Irvine Meadows - Sep 13, 1992
    Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003
    Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003
    Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003
    Fleet Center - Sep 28, 2004
    Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008
    Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008
    Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008
    ALL FOUR 09 PHILLY SHOWS!!
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    SCMike10 wrote:
    When I first started playing I used to try to play along to the radio. Find a classic rock station, and try to play what you hear. That helped me a lot. And not to bash anyone, but put on some AC/DC- they use the same drum beat in almost every song, and it will help build your confidence!

Thanks. Funny thing is the first song I tried that to was Back in Black :lol: figured that has to be the easiest song to drum to. I was wrong :(

Ill keep at it. I played sports my whole life so there was no time for music. Now older & fatter there is more time for music. I cant play guitar so Im doing the drums. Im not bad. I just dont want to pick up any bad habits and not know it :D
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    bump 8-)