loudly meowing cat loves bleach odor

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    iluvcats wrote:
    My cat just lost her mind listening to this video....hehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I know. lol....that's me and my cat. My sister said both her cats meowed along with it!
    When I played it back, my cat was looking out the window and his ears went back when he heard himself.
    He thought, "damn, I have a big mouth."
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    does anyone else here have a cat that rolls around if you use Tilex? he loves the smell of Coast deodorant soap too.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Cats are attracted by the smell of bleach. They may roll in it, they may want to spray because of the odor... A few drops of bleach in a new potty attracts them.

With 6 cats, I never use bleach (or any cleaner containing bleach) at home.
    redrock wrote:
    Cats are attracted by the smell of bleach. They may roll in it, they may want to spray because of the odor... A few drops of bleach in a new potty attracts them.

oh gosh :( he can't roll in it, I close the bathroom door. I hate spraying that stinky stuff, but my husband hasn't resealed our caulking in the bathtub. he said that would help, plus it is stained due to our well water.
    Can a neutered male spray?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    redrock wrote:

oh gosh :( he can't roll in it, I close the bathroom door. I hate spraying that stinky stuff, but my husband hasn't resealed our caulking in the bathtub. he said that would help, plus it is stained due to our well water.
    Can a neutered male spray?

They can but it is more likely if they go outdoors as well or if there are other cats around. One of my males still does but he feels he needs to mark his territory in the garden (a game played between the cat next door and him, it would seem). My other male doesn't.

Bleach is a useful cleaner for all kinds of purposes. The lady that used to come and help with cleaning always used to pour some down the sink (killed everything she said!). Even if she rinsed it off, the slightest odor was still there and one of my cats just 'loved' it and I found her weeing in the sink!
    lol redrock, my husband read your reply and he told our cat he better not weeee anywhere like that :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    my cat was sitting right next to the computer and she completely ignored it :? :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    my cat was sitting right next to the computer and she completely ignored it :? :lol:

My daughter looked out the window wondering which cat was making such a racket! :oops:
    redrock wrote:

My daughter looked out the window wondering which cat was making such a racket! :oops:

he was making a racket, meowing early this a.m. when we were trying to sleep. In the dark around 5 a.m. he was jumping from our bed to my husband's chest of drawers, then he tries to pick at the mini blinds. he already woke me up, then he would jump onto the hardwood floor and it woke my husband up. don't know what we are going to do; he is an indoor cat. he loves to go where he is not supposed to! so I fell back asleep and my husband got up to play with him and the cat went off somewhere, downstairs.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    iluvcats wrote:
    redrock wrote:

he was making a racket, meowing early this a.m. when we were trying to sleep. In the dark around 5 a.m. he was jumping from our bed to my husband's chest of drawers, then he tries to pick at the mini blinds. he already woke me up, then he would jump onto the hardwood floor and it woke my husband up. don't know what we are going to do; he is an indoor cat. he loves to go where he is not supposed to! so I fell back asleep and my husband got up to play with him and the cat went off somewhere, downstairs.
    So you ever watch My Cat From Hell or whatever it's called on Animal Planet? Sounds like a perfect candidate! :lol: