Glamour

rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Who else subscribes?

The other week, my credit card points instructed me to pick a magazine or two. So I obeyed; and today my first glamour magazine in years arrived. I can't wait to dig in....the do's and the don'ts.....jake's opinion...ohboy!

If you love Glamour magazine respond with something like this, just for instance,...

" :lol:
wth??"

thank you for your participation in this matter.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    :lol:
    wth??
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    :lol: I do like the occasional Glamour. UK version.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Rollings--you a male? I thought u were male......
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Same thing with me! I got a really cheap subscription to 4 magazines, by filling out some customer service questionaire thing, and Glamour was one of them :lol: I'm such a girl though, and kind of love it. :?
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Lizard wrote:

So did I :lol: Many years ago I used to buy a womans magazine,can't remember the name of it now,my bro and boyfriend were always the first ones to read it :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Lizard wrote:

It's ok. I thought you were male too until very recently.

No, I'm a female
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mca47 wrote:

So did George
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have a subscription since my nephew was selling magazine subscriptions for football.

It's ok...I cannot afford any of the clothes featured in it. Who can afford to spend $1790 on a handbag? I don't even have $1790 to put into my $40 purse.

I find it hilarious that they will do some little feature article about Snookie and then on the last page say she is a fashion 'don't'

Redbook is exactly like Glamour, it's geared towards Glamour readers that got married and popped out a bunch of rugrats...and became hypocritical.

i like Bust magazine the best.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

:?:

sounds entertaining
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

sounds entertaining

their motto is "The magazine for women who have something to get off their chest" :lol:

I would say it's more like Stuff/Maxim for women. Basically the opposite of Glamour/Vogue/Marie Claire/Seventeen.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

sounds entertaining

their motto is "The magazine for women who have something to get off their chest" :lol:

I would say it's more like Stuff/Maxim for women. Basically the opposite of Glamour/Vogue/Marie Claire/Seventeen.

so half naked dudes. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

so half naked dudes. :(

not really...that's Cosmo's job. Ok, so it's like the sex articles from Maxim/Stuff/playboy (hello? one of their major advertisers is Toys in Babeland), political articles from Mother Jones, craft ideas from Ready Made magazine, a bit femenist but not man-bashing.

I'd like to get it, but it's a bi-monthly or quarterly magazine. Maybe since my Glamour subscription is ending, I'll get it.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    rollings wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

No, I'm a female

hahaa...ok.
    but that is why i laughed at your first post---
    Lizard wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

No, I'm a female

hahaa...ok.
    but that is why i laughed at your first post---

:lol: I know, I understand!

I was just saying...I really did think you were a guy. Actually I probably assume that everyone is a guy for the most part... unless they talk about their b/f or husb. or have a flower for an avatar....or say that their name is Liz ....etc. :mrgreen: