wheres the damn car question thread, Cav?

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
How difficult or easy is to replace a dash light for half my speedometer? 04 PT Cruiser.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    My gut instinct is you will probably have to replace the whole cluster.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Hello!! Getting the instrument cluster out would be the hardest part for someone that may not do this everyday.. But once the cluster is out and un-plugged, the bulbs can be replaced.. If you are feeling frisky and you got a couple extra bucks, go ahead and replace them all once you got it out... They are all the same age and who wants to do thais again?..

So dis-regard what DS said, he is just not as good looking as I.. :lol:

Good luck brother.. I am here if you need me..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    I wouldn't replace it. Why would you want to know how slow you're going?
    Caveeze wrote:
    Hello!! Getting the instrument cluster out would be the hardest part for someone that may not do this everyday.. But once the cluster is out and un-plugged, the bulbs can be replaced.. If you are feeling frisky and you got a couple extra bucks, go ahead and replace them all once you got it out... They are all the same age and who wants to do thais again?..

So the technicians and parts department have been lying to me all these years?? :fp: Please don't tell me that. I will cut a bitch the next time this comes up. :twisted:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

So the technicians and parts department have been lying to me all these years?? :fp: Please don't tell me that. I will cut a bitch the next time this comes up. :twisted:
    HA!!!!! The salesman got took in the service dept!!!! :corn: hehehehhehe. I suppose it depends on the car? OR not!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

HA!!!!! The salesman got took in the service dept!!!! :corn: hehehehhehe. I suppose it depends on the car? OR not!! :mrgreen:

I'm still getting the same story today from the service department. Cav needs to clarify what makers have interchangeable bulbs for the cluster. :corn:
    I am looking at the service procedure as we speak.. 04 PT Cruiser dash lights can be serviced.. instrument cluster must be removed to do so, like i said.. :)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    I am looking at the service procedure as we speak.. 04 PT Cruiser dash lights can be serviced.. instrument cluster must be removed to do so, like i said.. :)

How about Toyota? :corn:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    Caveeze wrote:
    THANK YOU SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to have them close this thread. Dont worry about answering DS's question. He start his own. :mrgreen:

mickeyrat wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    THANK YOU SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to have them close this thread. Dont worry about answering DS's question. He start his own. :mrgreen:

:fp:
    and DS, the 4runner's bulbs are serviceable.. It is actually a common problem with them.. I had to do mine when I first got it..

4runners rule!! I am honored that you are my VGL, 4Runner buddy!! :D

But wait.. Is this some Single White Female shit?? :shock:
    Caveeze wrote:
    and DS, the 4runner's bulbs are serviceable.. It is actually a common problem with them.. I had to do mine when I first got it..

Those fuckers! I mean I don't have to replace a lot of clusters or any dash baord lights but the few I have were for lights. :twisted:

The worst however is when the light burns out on a stereo. Perfectly good radio needs to be taken out just beacuse of a light.

And I've had my 4Runner since 03. I think you may be stalking me. :fp: :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Those fuckers! I mean I don't have to replace a lot of clusters or any dash baord lights but the few I have were for lights. :twisted:

The worst however is when the light burns out on a stereo. Perfectly good radio needs to be taken out just beacuse of a light.

Of course I am stalking you!! I am in your bushes right now, rubbing peanut butter all over my chest, and waiting..

The furniture looks lovely by the way.. 8-)
    Caveeze wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Of course I am stalking you!! I am in your bushes right now, rubbing peanut butter all over my chest, and waiting..

The furniture looks lovely by the way.. 8-)

Thank you. :lol: