oil change

2»

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    fuck, i also cracked my windshield! i didn't notice the crack before i went to the car wash...now the crack is all the way down it :fp: :evil:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    fuck, i also cracked my windshield! i didn't notice the crack before i went to the car wash...now the crack is all the way down it :fp: :evil:

:fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    feels like i just did this.... :fp: :lol:

Can't believe you wanted to stop for an oil change an hour away from Milwaukee on the way home. :fp:

:lol::lol:

He said "check" the oil, not "change" the oil. There is a big difference.
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    feels like i just did this.... :fp: :lol:

Can't believe you wanted to stop for an oil change an hour away from Milwaukee on the way home. :fp:

That's actually what he did. "Yep, still has a bit of oil left. Let's keep on a-chugging."

:lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

That's actually what he did. "Yep, still has a bit of oil left. Let's keep on a-chugging."

:lol:

Ouch...

Vermont is the worst state to get an oil change in.
    :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    friday plans....oil change :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    now where did that metaphor thread go...
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    I would recommend you get an oil change a few days before a trip. Not right before your trip or during it. I have worked as service writer at a car dealership and also managed the oil change center there in a previous life. People make mistakes. Considering that it is usually young men who are changing your oil it is not worth the risk. I have seen them not put oil in, put too much oil in, cross thread oil plug causing it to leak. Also forgetting to remove the gasket on the old oil filter can cause the new oil filter to blow off while driving.

All of this can ruin your car at any time but it can also screw up your trip and you don't want this to happen hundreds of miles from home. So I would say get it done a few days before your trip and make sure you drive for a while before you go and check the level before you leave. Its rare but it happens and some places are more reliable than others.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Woooooo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Got another 7,000 before my next oil change. Can't wait for the bastards to tell me I need a new air filter...
    I was at the oil shop a couple weeks ago. Guy is like "You really need a new air filter..." I"m like "Good to know...I'll stop off at Auto Zone and get one on my way home."
    Guy goes back to the shop.
    5 minutes later he comes back.
    "Uh, sir...sorry, when we were trying to get your air filter back in, we broke it. We'll give you a new one free of charge."
    "Thanks, you just saved me a trip to Auto Zone!". :lol:

I then go to thinking "If these clowns can't put an air filter in without breaking it...what does that say for the rest of their service?" :?
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    mca47 wrote:
    Got another 7,000 before my next oil change. Can't wait for the bastards to tell me I need a new air filter...
    I was at the oil shop a couple weeks ago. Guy is like "You really need a new air filter..." I"m like "Good to know...I'll stop off at Auto Zone and get one on my way home."
    Guy goes back to the shop.
    5 minutes later he comes back.
    "Uh, sir...sorry, when we were trying to get your air filter back in, we broke it. We'll give you a new one free of charge."
    "Thanks, you just saved me a trip to Auto Zone!". :lol:

I then go to thinking "If these clowns can't put an air filter in without breaking it...what does that say for the rest of their service?" :?

Now you understand what I was getting at.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.