Options

PJ at another Euro festival

hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
edited January 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
23 Jun 2007 at Parco San Giuliano
The Heinken Jammin' Festival

so says this site:
http://www.last.fm/event/120225
Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    That means nothing. Anybody can add events on that site.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Oh, alright.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Nova Rock is pretty likely (POLAND 13th June >> Nova Rock, Austria 15th-17th June), isn't it?????
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    http://www.rockol.it/news-84528/Indiscr ... -Aerosmith

PJ at Heineken Jammin Festival, Italy?
    This article is only saying that there are rumours. Nothing official.

It's also talking about Pinkpop, Rock im park, Rock am ring and some shows in England.
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    Nova Rock is pretty likely (POLAND 13th June >> Nova Rock, Austria 15th-17th June), isn't it?????

I heard rumours about that (from a rather serious source) - not just somebody guessing but an intern - although nothing confirmed.

I think they are trying to get them but it's not even sure they are really coming (if have my doubts about that Poland gig as long as there is no official statement)
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    Ricsard wrote:

Hm. I might be in Austria in June to flathunt in Vienna and/or to look for a job...

:D
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    festivals.........
  • Options
    What's with all the festivals all of a sudden? Nothing for years (that's understandable) then suddenly all at once :eek:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    festivals.........

agreed.
    i've been to a few in my time, and while great fun...when it comes to REALLY getting to see my fave band, and especially if i am to travel....i want full-out shows, ALL pearl jam! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    What's with all the festivals all of a sudden? Nothing for years (that's understandable) then suddenly all at once :eek:
    they got their festival legs back after Leeds/Reading...and they need to regain some audience, particularly in Europe (6 years tour absence on top of media blackout doesn't help the new generation)
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Pegasus wrote:
    they got their festival legs back after Leeds/Reading...and they need to regain some audience, particularly in Europe (6 years tour absence on top of media blackout doesn't help the new generation)

Didn't seem to me that they were lacking an audience in Europe this time around!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    the shows were full, i think.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    the shows were full, i think.
    not all (Marseille for example was only half), and most did not sell very fast.
    They're nowhere on the same scale in Europe as they are in the US (not that I'm complaining about that...easier for us to get tickets :))
  • Options
    Well, I don't know exact numbers but I heard that ticket sales in 2006 were better than in 2000. I think they need to get more audience not to sell more tickets, but to reach them with new albums, etc.
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    Why do they have to play the biggest venues?
    If they don´t fill out a 15000 place just move them to a smaller place.
    If their touring gear and people cost to much for them to be playing at small venues, just bring the guitars and play.
    If they don´t play here becuse they don´t fill out the venues it´s just a lame excuse.
    But it´s hard for me to think that of them
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    Vienna and Prague weren't sold out.

But festivals are extremly popular nowadays in Europe - the Nova Rock had 50.000 each day in 2006 - but a lot of them kids who take the chance to drink till they puke and sitting around the camping grounds all day. They also do not care which bands are on the billing - makes no difference when you near coma all day.

That's why I prefer "solo-shows" - because the audience normally is much better and you haven't to look out for guys starting to piss in the crowd - what happend to me once - a friend of mine warned me in time so I could move away from the pisshead. And this happend at a spot where all stood body to body with no space - until the territorial pissing - that made quite room to move.
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Pegasus wrote:
    not all (Marseille for example was only half), and most did not sell very fast.
    They're nowhere on the same scale in Europe as they are in the US (not that I'm complaining about that...easier for us to get tickets :))

In contrast... tickets for Dublin show sold out in about one minute... the touts had a field day...

Pearl Jam are great at festivals by the way!! But then again I was lucky enough to have seen them headline their own show and a festival - best of both worlds!!

Aaaand... Nova Rock is a great fuckin' festival! Regardless of whether PJ play or not, I thoroughly recommend anyone to go - the Austrians know how to plan things!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    magdylmagdyl Posts: 86
    tschoess wrote:
    I heard rumours about that (from a rather serious source) - not just somebody guessing but an intern - although nothing confirmed.

I think they are trying to get them but it's not even sure they are really coming (if have my doubts about that Poland gig as long as there is no official statement)

Austrian newspaper "Die Krone" announces today Pearl Jam as the headliner of Nova Rock:

http://wcm.krone.at/krone/S52/object_id__61716/hxcms/index.html