How Old Is Your Pillow?

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Just realized that mine has to be at least 15 years old if not longer. We've traveled all over the country together. Is this unusually long to have a pillow?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    DS1119 wrote:
    Just realized that mine has to be at least 15 years old if not longer. We've traveled all over the country together. Is this unusually long to have a pillow?

:o Do you realize how much dust mites are inside youre pillow !!... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    mikalina wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol: Mine are a few years old. I sleep on two pillows though (feels more comfortable)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Ooof...reminds me of the hero sandwich Homer J. refused to give up :D
    rotten_sandwich.jpg

We replace ours every few months...worth it!

Now, our mattress? ugh...that's older than your damned pillow.

So really I have no room to talk.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    mikalina wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

new pillows every year!
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    DS1119 wrote:

that is so gross man!

I try to replace my pillow at least once a year...

Think about how much sweat, saliva, and mucus comes out of your head/face over the run of that time period and gets absorbed by you pillow! ugh!

Though most people don't know that they drool all night... but they do! I promise you...

Go change your pillow gross man! :nono:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I didn't realize it was gross. It's goose down and it's one of those three foot fuckers and it's so comfy. I mean I wash/replace the cover thing weekly...but yeah the "inards"are that old. Might have to go buy a pillow then.
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I bought a really good pillow (around $100) the same day I bought Backspacer, so just under 3 years now.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • I'd say my pillow is at least 10 years old :? I think I might feel bad replacing it now. Does it matter if you have a clean pillow case though? You never actually lay on the pillow, and usually I use 2 pillow cases anyway.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    DS1119 wrote:
    :sick:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

:x
    www.myspace.com
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    DS1119 wrote:
    I didn't realize it was gross. It's goose down and it's one of those three foot fuckers and it's so comfy. I mean I wash/replace the cover thing weekly...but yeah the "inards"are that old. Might have to go buy a pillow then.

You can throw the inards of the pillow in the washer... But being it has that many years I'm not sure how well the seams would hold. With down pillows remember to put tennis balls or something in the dryer to kick around the down if you do wash it.

Simply putting it in a dryer on high heat will refresh the whole thing and make it nice and fluffy and more sanitary :D

I love bedding so my pillows are just a few months old.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    No idea how old..but its O L D ! !
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    every year? crazy talk
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    i dunno. I have a lot of stuff that's older than my oldest son who is 17. like my car.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I believe my pillow was once a dog bed used in the civil war era.
    I've never met a more comfortable pillow.
    maybe the mite population and cemetary is what gives it its comfortable perfection.

I don't know
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Aren't your really old pillows yellowing though?! Ewww!!

15 years is gross.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • moemoemoemoe Posts: 72
    I can top 15 years.

I got my first pillow when I was 2 and moved to a "big bed"........... it was heavy and lovely and full of goose down. Over the years, my mother would sew another pillow case over it as the stitching wore out on the old ones. Into adulthood, I would do the same every couple of years. By the time I reached 39 though, it was clearly more old pillow cases than goose down and it literally fell apart. Massive adjustment getting used to a new pillow after having the same one my whole life. I took that pillow to the other side of the world with me, all over the country with me, into hospital when my babies were born.................. sigh...
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    moemoe wrote:
    I can top 15 years.

I got my first pillow when I was 2 and moved to a "big bed"........... it was heavy and lovely and full of goose down. Over the years, my mother would sew another pillow case over it as the stitching wore out on the old ones. Into adulthood, I would do the same every couple of years. By the time I reached 39 though, it was clearly more old pillow cases than goose down and it literally fell apart. Massive adjustment getting used to a new pillow after having the same one my whole life. I took that pillow to the other side of the world with me, all over the country with me, into hospital when my babies were born.................. sigh...
    Well that's not gross...that's just sweet.

(long time no see, moemoe! :wave: )
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    ZiggyStar wrote:

15 years is gross.

I don't think of it as yellowing. I prefer aging...like a fine wine.
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I usually keep pillows much longer than I should. Think the longest I had one was 2 or 3 years. My husband gets grossed out and throws them out after about 6 months.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I sleep with my arm folded under my head. My cat gets the pillow :roll:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    5 years..

I have 4 and they are all 5 years old..

I only use 3..

but I only really like the 2.. the other is on rotation with the other..

those 2 will be the 1st to go..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    DS1119 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

15 years is gross.

I don't think of it as yellowing. I prefer aging...like a fine wine.

oh, the yellowing is aging?! Ewww is right!

and here all along I thought it was just from pee!

dog pee

from the civil war era
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    lets just say i cant remember when i bought it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

:x

do what now?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I replace every 2 years or so.

I'm a clean freak so beyond 2 I can't deal.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    My pillow still has a few good miles left on it....

My wife on the otherhand.....

Oh nevermind....

heheheheheheheheheheheheheehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    My pillow still has a few good miles left on it....

My wife on the otherhand.....

Oh nevermind....

heheheheheheheheheheheheheehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • moemoemoemoe Posts: 72
    hedonist wrote:
    moemoe wrote:
    I can top 15 years.

Well that's not gross...that's just sweet.

(long time no see, moemoe! :wave: )

Wow Hedonist, very long time no see :wave:

It is sweet.... gross, but sweet.
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    I just picked up 2 memory foam pillows at Costco for $10 bucks, to replace my two year old flat as a pancake pillow.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'