Question abouns Camden Leash

outontheporchoutontheporch Posts: 172
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Did they get the intro right? Cause they screwed it up in Boston. Guess 11 years of not playing it will do that.

Also, do you think we'll be seeing this one pretty often? I hope so. Same with rats and satans bed.

Vote for No Way 2006
"I forgot the F***ing song."
- Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    I was there, I liked it, I hope they don't play it at my next two shows, I don't care if I ever see it live again.
  • DUde, THEY FUCKING NAILED IT...

the WHOLE thing ... ALL OF IT ... it was ON as ON can BE ...
    maybe hte most on song of the night.
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    This isn't my video, someone posted it on Red Mosquito forum. it's a video of Leash from Camden:

http://www.mgiusto.com/pearljam.html

the link is on that site
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• mohomoho Posts: 541
    This isn't my video, someone posted it on Red Mosquito forum. it's a video of Leash from Camden:

http://www.mgiusto.com/pearljam.html

the link is on that site

That link wont work for me
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    moho wrote:
    That link wont work for me
    It works just takes ages to load.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,125
    OK...

The intro they nailed perfectly, but no one said a word. Everyone was like "WHAT?!?!" in their head. Complete shock, who would have thought. I think everyone was thinking it was a one time only thing in Boston.

Then when the drums came in, ALL and I mean ALL 27,000 people at the show jumped UP and DOWN and SCREAMED the lyrics, or even screamed for the hell of it. The first half of the song I couldn't even hear the music no less Ed.

My section fuckin rocked!! Section 202 for life!!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    Dercheef wrote:
    It works just takes ages to load.

It says the page cant be found each time i click
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • robeastrobeast Posts: 18
    except for the 3 guys around me going apeshit, i literally didn't see anyone else around me in the lawn even react to it
  • jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    robeast wrote:
    except for the 3 guys around me going apeshit, i literally didn't see anyone else around me in the lawn even react to it
    Sorry to hear that. I was in 201 Row C and EVERYONE around me went nuts when they played it, and they totally nailed the song. The best was when Ed reached out his hands to the crowd for the "Delight In Our Youth"....Fucking Awesome!
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • outontheporchoutontheporch Posts: 172
    man thats really cool to hear. I'm really hoping they drop it in SF, and im hoping the SF crowd doesnt suck cause I heard bay area fanbase is kinda weak.
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    The people that knew better went nuts, the people that were there for a Jeremy sing along didn't have a clue. I was never sure what all of the fuss was about with Leash until I heard it in Camden. It was awesome - the band was into it, the crowd was into it and it came at a perfect time in the show. I'm not saying I want to see it at every show, but it was totally unexpected and a great gift from the band (I especially liked Ed changing the lyrics to "delight in the truth").
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Man, I know people aren't gonna like or agree with this, but I just watched that video, and Leash still sounds like it did back when they used to play it, even from back on the Ten bootlegs. The chorus to me comes across really flat live, I love the album version, one of my fave songs on Vs, but for some reason it doesn't come across like that live, just sounds flat to me.
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Man, I know people aren't gonna like or agree with this, but I just watched that video, and Leash still sounds like it did back when they used to play it, even from back on the Ten bootlegs. The chorus to me comes across really flat live, I love the album version, one of my fave songs on Vs, but for some reason it doesn't come across like that live, just sounds flat to me.

I was fortunate enough to see it at both Camden shows and it really fuckin rocks live! Especially coming after Comatose late in the encore. Ed would turn the mic to the crowd to sing "Drop the Leash, Drop the Leash" and then back to Ed for "Get outta my fuckin face"

I had 10c seats both nights (sec 202 1st night, sec 104 2nd night). I can't speak for the lawn, but the crowd with seats was going nuts pumping their fists in the air and jumping up and down. I couldn't hear Ed for half of the song.

Leash brings a TON of energy. I can see this becoming an encore staple. How funny would that be after everyone beggin for it for so long.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • wash leash and garden...very cool
    Dirty American Tour '06
  • KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    OK...

The intro they nailed perfectly, but no one said a word. Everyone was like "WHAT?!?!" in their head. Complete shock, who would have thought. I think everyone was thinking it was a one time only thing in Boston.

Then when the drums came in, ALL and I mean ALL 27,000 people at the show jumped UP and DOWN and SCREAMED the lyrics, or even screamed for the hell of it. The first half of the song I couldn't even hear the music no less Ed.

exactly... I was like OMG! :eek: No wait its not? :o HOLY FUCK ITS LEASH! :eek: OMFG!! NO FUCKING WAY!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • JD Sal wrote:
    I was fortunate enough to see it at both Camden shows and it really fuckin rocks live! Especially coming after Comatose late in the encore. Ed would turn the mic to the crowd to sing "Drop the Leash, Drop the Leash" and then back to Ed for "Get outta my fuckin face"

I had 10c seats both nights (sec 202 1st night, sec 104 2nd night). I can't speak for the lawn, but the crowd with seats was going nuts pumping their fists in the air and jumping up and down. I couldn't hear Ed for half of the song.

Leash brings a TON of energy. I can see this becoming an encore staple. How funny would that be after everyone beggin for it for so long.

I hope it does become a staple, because I've never heard it live in the flesh, and maybe that'd change my live impression of the song. Well not maybe, I'm sure it would. And hit me with some Rats, and some Dirty Frank!
  • jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    hey man i was in those same sections both nights, oh did i go nuts when leash was played!
    JD Sal wrote:

7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Man, I know people aren't gonna like or agree with this, but I just watched that video, and Leash still sounds like it did back when they used to play it, even from back on the Ten bootlegs. The chorus to me comes across really flat live, I love the album version, one of my fave songs on Vs, but for some reason it doesn't come across like that live, just sounds flat to me.

you need to stop watching shitty internet video (with SHITTY AUDIO) to make your judgements on this ...

i saw it both nights, and believe you me, IT FUCKING ROCKED ...
    it was EXTREMELY TIGHT ... the sound was PERFECT ... the guitar tones were like they haven't been in years ... and the chorus was fucking BEAUTIFUL ...

quit watching piss video. go to the shows.
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • bildo703bildo703 Posts: 51
    I Was Sitting Sec 102 Row A Rt Behind Pit Both Nights.....the Crowd In The Pit And In My Section Went Nuts And Was So Loud And Fired Up.....however On Way Out Both Nights No One Seemed To Recognize The Significance Because I Was Screaming "drop The Leash Get Out Of My Fucking Face" And Very Few People Responded.....regardless They Nailed It

Randall's Island 2 1996
    Continental Air 1998
    Camden 1 & 2 2000
    Spectrum, Philadelphia 2003
    State College 2003
    Camden 1& 2 2003
    Borgata, Atlantic City 1&2 2005
    Wachovia Center, Philly 2005
    Camden 1 & 2 2006
    Continental Air 1 & 2 2006 ( See You This Week)
    Randall's 2 96 Cont 98 Cam 1 2 98
    Cam 1 2 00 Phi 03 St Col 03 Cam 1 2 03
    AC 1 2 05 Phi 05
    Cam 1 2 06 Cont 1 2 06
    Dussel 07 Hurr 07 Copen 07
    Nij 07 Werchter 07 Lolla 07,
    Bonnaroo 08 CAM 1 2 08 MSG 2 08
    Spectrum 09 1,3,4
    Pru ctr 10
    Wrigley 13