What's wrong with this picture?

unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
You win a Very Special Prize if you can answer the question posed in the thread title.

And if you can correctly describe the sequence of events that occurred immediately prior to the photo being taken, I will buy you a beer in Missoula*.**.

*Excluded from the contest is RKCNDY, who was texted immediately at the time of the event (but who, I'm sure, would be happy to be present for the beer-buying part of the contest)

**I'm not buying you a ticket to Missoula, you have to get yourself there

traileroops.jpg
15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    You win a Very Special Prize if you can answer the question posed in the thread title.

And if you can correctly describe the sequence of events that occurred immediately prior to the photo being taken, I will buy you a beer in Missoula*.**.

*Excluded from the contest is RKCNDY, who was texted immediately at the time of the event (but who, I'm sure, would be happy to be present for the beer-buying part of the contest)

**I'm not buying you a ticket to Missoula, you have to get yourself there

traileroops.jpg

It's slightly out of focus.

Looking forward to that beer.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It looks like the trailer is too low to hook up to your vehicle.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    seems like it sunk into the ground a few inches. sequence of events leading up to that might possibly include Mr. Unlost saying something like: "ah, that sand is no problem, it will never sink in"
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Dissident: :|
    DS: :|:|
    Rick: :|:|:| (and Mr. Unlost wasn't with me)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    You backed your vehicle up to it and hit above where the hitch goes and pushed it back.
    ok, so the only changes I can think to my version is: you were drunk. you were turning the crank to try to raise the hitch, but instead the base started sinking into the ground. there was a chinchila under there. and you were drunk. (since Mr unlost wasn't there, the whole humping in the trailer caused the whole thing to sink story can't be used)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    seems like an unlost moment happened.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    seems like an unlost moment happened.....

this

besides, i'm old...how 'bout a bigger picture?! :problem:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    im not in the pitcure
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    it's now sideways. but bigger
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    It's Unhitched?
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    ur not using a tent ;)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    I really want this free beer. :think: :corn:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    where is the tailgate?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:

McUltra=NOT beer
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

McUltra=NOT beer

Go watch a movie or something. :nono:
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

McUltra=NOT beer

Go watch a movie or something. :nono:
    :roll:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

McWater=NOT beer
    #fixed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    The crank is facing forward and not to the right. I mean if you were facing the trailer the crank would be on the right. Did i explain that right? :lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    It's hard to tell with such a small picture, but it looks like there is a snake, or some kind of animal, wrapped up around the back of the jack stand. If this is the case I'm sure you screamed like a little girl and ran. :D
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    i predict the tale of this story:

Unlost pulls up to the agility trial campsite
    "ooohhh! perfect spot! nice and open, flat area. Close to the rings and everything!"
    She parks, unhitches the trailer. Everything is fine and dandy.
    It is starting to rain, so Unlost gets in the trailer, cracks open a Newcastle/Magic Hat and sits down while the unlost doggies go romping around. Suddenly, she hears something funny...a creaking sound she ignores it, some of her friends are surely playing a joke on her! She continues reading 50 Shades of Grey on the iPad, suddenly her beer tips over and spills all over her non-leaking camper. Then other objects begin to fall on her. Unlost has entered some sort of gravity defying Twilight Zone.
    "Shit!" she screams and gets out of the camper to see who is playing tricks on her...walks around and sees nothing.
    Wait, what's that? why is the jack stand *in* the ground? :? :x

unlost looks up...oh dear...no wonder nobody else is parked here:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCAKhtO1ScRPu7tKubhaGSVxqDYIKWOd2fvuIhoGlTCAXOU7Af

- Christopher McCandless
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    an unlost thought briefly made an appearance. Thought was " should I put the wood block under the jack stand?"

A picture is worth one word answer in this case. NO.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    an unlost thought briefly made an appearance. Thought was " should I put the wood block under the jack stand?"

thru my laughing I advised her they make these great new products:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDsA3UVjdOZgAMGxis1GN6OTyxkXzcCRykmKYuXbRO2KQe7Cdvlg

unlost *claims* she has them... :|

- Christopher McCandless
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

thru my laughing I advised her they make these great new products:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDsA3UVjdOZgAMGxis1GN6OTyxkXzcCRykmKYuXbRO2KQe7Cdvlg

unlost *claims* she has them... :|
    AHA!!! So, who wants the beer I wont drink?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    AHA!!! So, who wants the beer I wont drink?

:lol::lol:

horshack3.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I can't figure out how to make the &$^@% photo bigger and get it posted without the site telling me it's too big.

(Yeah, that's what she said.)

Here is the actual version:

Stoned camp workers direct me to my site, which is so remote that it requires me to back the trailer up about 1/2 a mile (maybe a little less than that).

I back it up with only minor damage to trees, shrubbery, and the downspouts to the trailer's gutters.

It's a hill.

I put down the chalk blocks.

I start to unhitch.

I realize I'm not level.

Remove the chalk blocks, roll forward onto leveling pads.

Level.

Unhitch.

(Yeah, I forgot to put the chalk blocks back.)

Hitch won't separate from trailer. So I jump on it.

*insert harsh metallic sound as ball pops free, and trailer starts rolling down hill*

Good times.

Next week: The story of the awning, and how you should not drive forward with the awning legs staked to the ground.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I can't figure out how to make the &$^@% photo bigger and get it posted without the site telling me it's too big.

(Yeah, that's what she said.)

Here is the actual version:

Stoned camp workers direct me to my site, which is so remote that it requires me to back the trailer up about 1/2 a mile (maybe a little less than that).

I back it up with only minor damage to trees, shrubbery, and the downspouts to the trailer's gutters.

It's a hill.

I put down the chalk blocks.

I start to unhitch.

I realize I'm not level.

Remove the chalk blocks, roll forward onto leveling pads.

Level.

Unhitch.

Hitch won't separate from trailer. So I jump on it.

*insert harsh metallic sound as ball pops free, and trailer starts rolling down hill*

Good times.

Next week: The story of the awning, and how you should not drive forward with the awning legs staked to the ground.

Stoned camp workers. Are their any other kind?

We have to wait a whole week for the awning story???

:fp:
    I think I win.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    **makes note: find investors to back new reality series; pitch: a female dog agility trainer travels to competitions with her "unlost dogs" as she calls them. Unlost dogs is in reference to an album by the band 'Pearl Jam' which will frequently prominently in the show