Options

The Larry Sanders Show

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
VH1 Classic started showing this at the beginning of the month. I've been watching it and it is hysterical. Hank Kingsley is hilarious, always cracking me up when he has his assistant(?) go to Larry's office to tell him that Hank wants to see him. :lol:

Saw this one last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S2hLJb5AUQ :lol:
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    greatest show in the history of television...and yes i'm well aware that no one will agree with me :lol:

jeffery tambor should have won the emmy every year and throw in the golden globes and fuck it, give him oscars too

but don't watch it on vh1 :x :x this is a show you can't watch edited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqRxxTj ... re=related
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I LOVED this show!

And it's on Netflix, if you have it (agree with norm, gotta get it uncensored).

Rip Torn played a badass character, to a tee.

(and I'll say that "It's the Garry Shandling Show" is also among the best and most creative...great theme song too :D )
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    greatest show in the history of television...and yes i'm well aware that no one will agree with me :lol:

jeffery tambor should have won the emmy every year and throw in the golden globes and fuck it, give him oscars too

but don't watch it on vh1 :x :x this is a show you can't watch edited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqRxxTj ... re=related
    :lol: It's funny you posted that because I watched that one tonight. I love Hank's line at the end of that scene: "Wow, I thought I had a hairy ass." :lol::lol::lol:

I know it's a show I can't watch edited, but it's on and I've been dying to watch it. I'm thinking of buying the series set. I wish I had Netflix so I can watch it uncensored but I don't.

Did Jeffery Tambor win an Emmy or a Golden Globe for his role as Hank?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Classic Shandling
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Gilda_Radner_1.jpg

my favorite episode/w Gilda

not this pic ofcourse
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

nope. never.

it's a fucking crime
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    oh wait, Larry Sanders, i went too far back. :oops:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

nope. never.

it's a fucking crime
    Wow. A damn shame. From the first 8 episodes I've watched, he is hilarious.

"It's October, we all know what that means."
  • Options
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It was a good show. Ahead of it's time I think.
  • Options
    All day at work today I kept thinking about Hank's Thoughts and couldn't stop laughing. My manager was looking at me weird because I couldn't stop laughing.
  • Options
    Thanks norm! :wave:
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Thanks norm! :wave:

:thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    tumblr_mlkcznUiRJ1rqm3pmo1_500.png
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,285
    R.I.P. Garry Shandling
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    :-( wow that really sucks.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    Just started the second season. Good show. Funny.

Would you folks say it gets better as it goes on? I am not exactly blown away at this point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The later seasons were pretty darn good.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Hey Now Hank, Go Fuck Yourself!
    Hank is one of the best characters of all time.
    What a great show.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    One of my all-time faves.
  • Options
    In rereading my post I think it can be misconstrued as if I don't like it. I do. I just do not find myself laughing out loud often yet. 

Hank is fantastic. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Rip Torn was the shit in his role too. Plus he just had a badass (real) name. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    edited March 2021
    Yeah, I think it is a character driven comedy and just like all of the good ones you need to get pretty deep into it.
    I put it in the category of..
    Seinfeld
    Sunny
    Office
    Parks
    Community
    Letterkenny
    Arrested
    The league

Shows like that.  It is funny....but once you know the different characters well I think it gains a whole different appreciation.

• Options
    Apropos of nothing, I always thought clothes hung really well on Garry...his frame.

Larry David has it too. 
  • Options
    The big boy & the pump.

Have to go back and find that episode.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it is a character driven comedy and just like all of the good ones you need to get pretty deep into it.
    Seinfeld
    Sunny
    Office
    Parks
    Community
    Letterkenny
    Arrested
    The league

Shows like that.  It is funny....but once you know the different characters well I think it gains a whole different appreciation.

Seinfeld's in its own category. Other than that, I see what you're saying here. Really enjoying season 2 now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Seinfeld
    Sunny
    Office
    Parks
    Community
    Letterkenny
    Arrested
    The league

Seinfeld's in its own category. Other than that, I see what you're saying here. Really enjoying season 2 now.
    Yeah, Seinfeld is the one to set the bar.
    When you get to the "big boy & the pump" episode let me know what the title is, want to watch that again.  
    Hank is a master.
  • Options
    Juggler, have you watched the Warren Zevon episode yet?
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Juggler, have you watched the Warren Zevon episode yet?
    I watched it yesterday. Poor John Ritter...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    I've been rewatching this show. I forgot how much I love it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata