Received a New Toy as a Gift

uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
edited July 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
So my buddy wanted to thank me for serving as best man at his wedding. He got all of us groomsmen some quality gifts, including some badass sunglasses, but knowing I wear prescription glasses, he decided to get me something special on the side:
4258e6c8.jpg
I have to say, he went above and beyond on getting me something he knows I'll treat well for a long time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    That's a good friend you've got there! 8-)
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Thanks! First thing I learned was Can't Keep, now I just need to make it sound good.
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Cool. The last PJ song I attempted was In Hiding, and I don't know what I was thinking. I suck ass at guitar and haven't played in a while. :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    I play In Hiding all the time. It was tricky when I first attempted it so I shelved it for years. I came back to it again this year and it just clicked. Now I play it all the time.
  • Ukes are a blast. I noodle on mine while watching tv. Took the place of noodling on the acoustic while watching tv...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,170
    So my buddy wanted to thank me for serving as best man at his wedding. He got all of us groomsmen some quality gifts, including some badass sunglasses, but knowing I wear prescription glasses, he decided to get me something special on the side:
    4258e6c8.jpg
    I have to say, he went above and beyond on getting me something he knows I'll treat well for a long time.
    that is pretty sweet. i don't think i have seen a uke with a burst like that. mine is just plain brown..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Lol.
    Thought it was a mini acoustic bass.
    Thanks for clarifying it's a UKE, folks.

BTW.
    NICE FLYING V!
    (right?)

oh yeah.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • wait.
    WHAT is that guitar?
    its not a flying v?
    ???
    help!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    Oh yeah, it's a Les Paul uke...I probably should have mentioned that before.

And you were right, that's a Flying V.