Options

HEY JEFF! A little help with the Yield Album cover?

Comments

• Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    That's pretty vague! That's like saying its in between Wyoming and Canada. I'm only saying this because I'll probably be doing this by myself on Saturday and will have to rent, borrow or steal a car for this..

I'm down for this; we can take my car. Of course, this is provided we get a location ... I'm not exactly willing to spend the entire day going down lonely stretches of highway, one after the other, with the faint hope of finding the exact spot. "Keep going, kw, it's gotta be just beyond the next mountain pass ..." :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    kw18 wrote:
    That's pretty vague! That's like saying its in between Wyoming and Canada. I'm only saying this because I'll probably be doing this by myself on Saturday and will have to rent, borrow or steal a car for this..

I'm down for this; we can take my car. Of course, this is provided we get a location ... I'm not exactly willing to spend the entire day going down lonely stretches of highway, one after the other, with the faint hope of finding the exact spot. "Keep going, kw, it's gotta be just beyond the next mountain pass ..." :lol:
    That's cool! I didn't wanna spend all day in a car driving through Montana either. I figured it would be a cool way to are some more of the state too. Hopefully someone knows right where this is? Besides 81 wants to go see some potatoes!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Besides 81 wants to go see some potatoes!
    #fact

i have no desire to drive around the 4th largest state all day looking for a yield sign....i pass one every day....they all look the same :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:
    #fact

i have no desire to drive around the 4th largest state all day looking for a yield sign....i pass one every day....they all look the same :lol:

We just need to remember that there is no yield sign at all; it was put there for the shot (or photoshopped or something). Man, can you believe finding the spot but going, "Nah, this can't be it ... no yield sign. Let's keep going."

:fp: :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    #fact

There is no sign.....
    :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    Damn it.
  • Options
    I grew up in northern Montana, not far from Jeff's home town, and I am almost positive that it was taken along Highway 87, between Great Falls and Big Sandy. Trust me, there is no yield sign...although locals could put one up that weekend and make a lot of dough off of PJ fans posing for pictures!
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    So its possibly on Hwy 80/87 or Hwy 200 or Eastern Washington or Hwy 87?
    Al least I'm not getting any PJ20 references!
    Keep it up. Ideally I'd like someone who has been there.
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    There is a lot of time between now and when you are all going to be here. If I head to g falls between now and then I will get you an approximate mile marker. When yield came out and I saw the cover my first thought was, this is 200 between Missoula and g falls.

That's how distinctive the area is.

G falls is 2.5 to 3 hours from missoula.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    For fun maybe I will drive there and turn it into my avatar. Hahahahaa.

Montana. You can point a camera in any direction, and your friends will all think your an incredible nature photographer.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    Oh I forget, it's just down the road from the old' kaszcynski place.

:D
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    sweater yamssweater yams Posts: 188
    If you have tickets to the M&G or Jeff dinner, why don't you just ask him?
  • Options
    VOLARE wrote:
    There is a lot of time between now and when you are all going to be here. If I head to g falls between now and then I will get you an approximate mile marker. When yield came out and I saw the cover my first thought was, this is 200 between Missoula and g falls.

That's how distinctive the area is.

G falls is 2.5 to 3 hours from missoula.
    That's what I'm looking for. Someone who has stood in the exact spot. I agree with 81, driving around the 4th biggest state looking for a certain stretch of road doesn't sound too appealing. Keep me in the back of your mind over the next couple months. Thanks.
  • Options
    If you have tickets to the M&G or Jeff dinner, why don't you just ask him?
    I wish! But if some miracle happens and someone wants to trade 2 10c GA with early entry for 1 M&G that would be my first question. Followed by, "why didn't you answer me Jeff?"
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    This will be awesome when you finally find it, drive out there, stand there and say, "this is awesome," then drive home. :corn:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    This will be awesome when you finally find it, drive out there, stand there and say, "this is awesome," then drive home. :corn:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    You nailed it!
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    You nailed it!

Just messing with you though...I respect your desire! :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    In order to find this spot, you are going to need alot of detective work.

Yield Album Cover Photo Features:
    No Guard Rails
    No Electrical Lines
    Fence on the left side.
    Half solid-half dotted yellow line.
    The Solid Yellow line is the same side as the fence.
    The road is Perfectly straight.
    The horizon line is a defining feature.
    The width of the shoulder.
    The type of curb.

You also need to realize that the vegetation will probably be different now. This what taken how many years ago? I wouldn't expect the grass to only be grass. Trees/bushes could have grown in by now. Anything that nature can change I would expect to be different.

Also, If you find the spot, please record the coordinates. :mrgreen:
    And please bring a yield sign to shove in the ground in that spot so the next time the google maps car drives by it is in the picture 8-) .

PS I might spend some down time surfacing through google maps :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:

No Guard Rails
    No Electrical Lines
    Fence on the left side.
    The type of curb.

You also need to realize that the vegetation will probably be different now. This what taken how many years ago? I wouldn't expect the grass to only be grass. Trees/bushes could have grown in by now. Anything that nature can change I would expect to be different.

And please bring a yield sign to shove in the ground in that spot so the next time the google maps car drives by it is in the picture 8-) .

In PJ20 the where Jeff stops the road is a little curvy? I don't wanna give up hope. Like I said still lots of time. Just hoping that someone reads this and goes, OH SHIT! I've been there and know right where it is! Besides Jeff, but he can chime in as well. :lol:
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:

No Guard Rails
    No Electrical Lines
    Fence on the left side.
    The type of curb.

In PJ20 the where Jeff stops the road is a little curvy? I don't wanna give up hope. Like I said still lots of time. Just hoping that someone reads this and goes, OH SHIT! I've been there and know right where it is! Besides Jeff, but he can chime in as well. :lol:

:lol: What time/scene is it in PJ20? I remember seein git, but I don't want to spend my entire day searching for it.. Do you remember?

If not, I guess that's a good excuse to watch PJ20 again 8-):mrgreen: haha
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Its in the extras, Jeff goes to Montana. About 2:45 in.
  • Options
    Its in the extras, Jeff goes to Montana. About 2:45 in.

:thumbup: Thanks! I would have watched the whole entire thing and not have found it! :x
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Truck...here ya go:

$30-
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlGRqVEJ0g5H-m1gJE0QlScqlTRs5hqsaMtbPXb5TOeoxHroZx
    http://www.roadtrafficsigns.com/Yield-S ... -Sign.aspx

and:
    sept30114-1600x1200.jpg
    (googled image of 'random Montana highway')

and you have your cover!

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Now how do I photoshop myself in there?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

I could do it...but how much are you willing to pay me? :lol:

or you could buy a yield sign, take it with you on the trip and you can stop in random places on the side of the road and have your pic taken with it....I'm sure you will find one that will be similar to the cover...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I could do it...but how much are you willing to pay me? :lol:

or you could buy a yield sign, take it with you on the trip and you can stop in random places on the side of the road and have your pic taken with it....I'm sure you will find one that will be similar to the cover...
    I had a buddy today offer to just photoshop me onto the cover itself. I never though about having to find a yield sign now too?!?! :?
  • Options
    Anyone with some new info? Come MT people I know SOMEONE has been there?
  • Options
    Should I just give up? Unless.............
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Can someone tell me the mile marker where jeff took the coverphoto of Binaural?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,951
    screenshot20120718at165.png
    Nature drunk and High