Options

Wolfmother supporting Pearl Jam

OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
For how many shows? If someone can tell me that they are opening for the entire tour (at least Berlin anyway) I'm gonna be so happy...

Peace
Dan
"YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    The Black Keys are supporting in Berlin :)

Link is here: http://www.pearljam.com/tour/index-detail.php
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Curses!
    Oh well, it would have been too good I guess... :(
    gotta check out that band now.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Black keys are ACE!!!

i would have loved to get them in Dublin , we are shitted out on suport act ! lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I saw the Black Keys open for Radiohead in Montreal. Not bad. The singer's got a killer guitar tone.
  • Options
    AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    Wolfmother was pretty good last night, but I wished they kept playing straight metalpunk songs, instead of going all proggy in the middle. Still, I've seen many worse support acts
  • Options
    ... dear dan, I can now understand that you hope they would play all Europe tour..
    I heard of them first time last night, but they were worth the drive already.
    what a great band... I thought I listen to the re-born Led Zeppelins... wow.
    great solos, great rythms, just wonderful rock....

that is what I like about PJ concerts so much as well:
    already the opening band is worth the ticket (if you know what I mean! really great music all the way :) ) - so we shouldn't be worried about berlin :)
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    playa3playa3 Posts: 27
    Wolfmother are very good but you are really lucky to be seein the Black keys, they're brilliant, i'm going to see them two days after the Berlin gig in Dublin!, but it would been cool if they had supported PJ too here
  • Options
    pearl jam.com
  • Options
    Yeah, we'll see. I'm downloading som black keys right now. Allmusic.com was very positive about their records at least, so I guess they're probably alright. But I would have loved Wolfmother as support, as I think they're good. Anyways. I'll give black keys a shot, and maybe they're great too. :)

Peace
    Dan

• Options
    BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Wolfmother or Black Keys, you can't go wrong. Two awesome bands. Though I've only heard the albums, never seen either live, so what do I know... :)
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    Wolfmother or Black Keys, you can't go wrong. Two awesome bands. Though I've only heard the albums, never seen either live, so what do I know... :)

Wolfmother live is way better than their album, really good stuff.
    Golden Gate Park 1995 San Jose 1995 Oakland 2 1997 Mountain View 2000 Mountain View 2003 Bridge School Benefit 2003 Philadelphia 2005 San Francisco 2 2006 Bridge School Benefit 2006 Golden Gate Park 2009 Wrigley Field 2013 Oakland 2013 Bridge School Benefit 2014...