They pulled the plug on Paul McCartney? and the Boss? WTF!!

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... urfew.html

This is the dumbest shit ever....
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    Paul Simon should have the two come out and finish what they started. That would be great.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    This happened years ago when I went to see Pink Floyd at Knebworth.Paul McCartney's set ran way over his allocated time causing Floyd's 3 hours planned set to be cut by 45 minutes by the plugs being pulled.

Karma I say :twisted:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    what did u expect.they are brits...the even drive in the wrong fuckin side
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    :lol:
    ELITIST FUK
  • The problem is the show is in a resident area so there is a very strict curfew for the Hyde Park shows.
  • SD48277 wrote:
    :lol:

:lol::lol:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    how about start a fucking show earlier in the fucking day time instead of firing shit up as the sun's fading away? i have no idea what time this event got underway but wouldn't it make sense to start at 6pm vs' 8pm beings ya got several acts that wanna play their entire sets & have fun for everyone involved?

if floyd needs 3 hrs they get 3 hrs.
    if bunk ass paul needs 3 hrs he should get 3 fucking minutes
    if the springsteen boss needs 3 hrs he should maybe get a few hrs plus

to be honest i am wore the hell out w/ paul mccartney & company
    i mean really how much can we grind the beatles and those guys into the ground before we start bleeding from the skulls/ears area?

chadwick, shut your fucking face! concerts start at 10:30pm. yes we know you are sound asleep by 8pm ya little weewee havin fucker!
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    This sucks but I blame the band. They should have planned this out a little better if it was such a huge collaboration. After all the local issues with this festival, you would think the springsteen camp would have done their homework.
    This sucks but I blame the band. They should have planned this out a little better if it was such a huge collaboration. After all the local issues with this festival, you would think the springsteen camp would have done their homework.
    i just read where a local says that bruce & company started 30 minutes late; instead of firing up @ 7:00 they took the stage late @ 7:30. it is bruce's problem for not being on time. simple pimple.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    reading these tweets from stevie as if he's silvo cracks me up :lol::lol:

The cops got nothing more important to do? How about they go catch some criminals instead of fucking with 80,000 people having a good time?

English cops may be the only individuals left on earth that wouldn't want to hear one more from Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney!

I'm sorry but I have to be honest I'm pissed. Like I said, it didn't ruin the great night. But when I'm jamming with McCartney don't bug me!
    http://gawker.com/5926116/paul-mccartne ... privileges

and if you don't know what i'm talking about
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8NR20QSMfc
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    i go to a ton of shows. Mostly small venues, the one i volunteer at doesnt really have a curfew, but when its gotten to about 130 or 2am, i have seen, when a band refuses to acknowledge the sound engineers plea to finish their set, ive seen them cut the mics.

but the more expensive venue in my town, that hosts plays and classical music, alot of time also attracts the major name artists. And from my experience, Ive caught people like The Pixies, and jack white and wilco among others there, the curfew seems to be 11pm. And that venue is pretty close to the venue that can go until 130 or 2am, so my thinking is its the staff of this higher end venue that doesnt want to work past that time. Maybe in their contracts they cant work past 11, or cant be paid past 11. I dont know, but yeah, seems like the pixies and jack white and wilco would have wanted to play past 11, both didnt, and you could tell alot of the audience was surprised those shows ended at 11. and it felt wierd, walking about of those shows at 11.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Haha...Silvio!

I feel bad for the people attending the show, but if there were rules in place regarding time constraints (not relatively "important" ones, but that's kind of beside the point), then why shouldn't they have to abide by them?

Us reg'lar folks have to.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    The British :roll:
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    The problem is the show is in a resident area so there is a very strict curfew for the Hyde Park shows.

Exactly. If the organisers want to host an event in Hyde Park again next year they have to abide by the curfew. It is extremely strict here because the local residents don't really like that any events are allowed :lol:

I'm sure the artists were warned.

Springsteen has played this festival before.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    The problem is the show is in a resident area so there is a very strict curfew for the Hyde Park shows.

Exactly. If the organisers want to host an event in Hyde Park again next year they have to abide by the curfew. It is extremely strict here because the local residents don't really like that any events are allowed :lol:

I'm sure the artists were warned.

Springsteen has played this festival before.
    We live next to a very nice hotel that has events - with bands - on a regular basis. Our area is also considered residential for the most part.

We, as local residents, LOVE it. Not just for the revenue aspect, but we've been privy to some amazing music - one band that covers Floyd to a tee comes to mind. And the hotel always abides by the curfews.

That's part of why we love it - simple respect.

Win-win.

I'm sure the artists were warned too. Wish they'd heeded it, if only for the sake of their fans.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    10:30 curfew on a Saturday night...ridiculous...Maybe Paul and Bruce can send the neighbors of the park a case grey poupon.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    10:30 curfew on a Saturday night...ridiculous...Maybe Paul and Bruce can send the neighbors of the park a case grey poupon.
    it says many residents get up early for work sunday morning. start earlier in the day/evening, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    if i were a musician i'd be done jamming by 10 or 11. on wild nights i'd be jammin till 1 or 2 am but rarely. i like a good night's sleep and cannot sleep well once the sun is up. fuck it. my shows would fire up at 6 or 7pm and be over by my bedtime. :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    chadwick wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    it says many residents get up early for work sunday morning. start earlier in the day/evening, yes/no?

I believe the park is surrounded by by well to do people...if this was in a poor neighborhood their would be no curfew...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    i take back what i said earlier. i would start my shows if i were a musician at 12 noon after i swam. i'd wind down in the early evening and be sound asleep by 10pm. i'd also have shows that start at 8 or 9 am. true stuff, ladies & gentlemen.

the nightlife is overrated. sleeping good is best for my lifestyle rather i am just myself some poor ass dude or some badass musician. fuck stayin up all night; it sucks sleepin when the sun's up.

i think it'd start a new wave in the way shows are put together. early to bed, early to rise. :mrgreen:

bruce & mccartney are shit oughta luck in hyde park

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Rock the fuck on, chadwick!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    rules are rules, and even "the boss" has to follow them ;)