Options

My Hartford Experience

Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
First off, this post is definitely of the positive nature... I had no idea that people were pepper sprayed or that there was a "ticket debacle" until after the fact... so here is my very own Hartford Experience... if anyone cares :)

We rolled into Hartford around 4:00 (my fiance and I) and checked into our hotel in East Hartford.

Knowing that the venue parking lot and surrounding area kind of sucked for parking we decided to grab a cab from the Hotel to the venue, not too bad price-wise, it was very much worth it.

Walked to the 10c area and picked up my tickets in record time.

Walked around downtown Hartford for a bit and grabbed a bite to eat.. ignoring pretty much all the wasted tailgater dudes as we walked out of the parking lot.

Got back in time for doors.

Enjoyed the fuck out of Ted Leo.... sorry guys, I gotta go with those 2 girls down in front on this one.... I LOVE Ted Leo.

Waited for PJ for what seemed like forever, so I decided to do some talking to some fellow fans around me, I ended up meeting the most awesome fan (Hi Brian) with a NH PJ license plate around his neck. (which apparently was stolen by some stupid fuck).

PJ came out and fucking melted my face off... honestly they played one of the best fucking concerts I have ever witnessed in my life... I was SOOOO shocked an surprised and I will never underestimate a place like Hartford for a great show. My favorite show out of the 4 I've seen so far this. Finally got Fuckin' Up, which was simply a bonus after the amazing show we got.

After the show I saw | Brisk | (Ed), so I chatted with him for a while, awesome guy, we hung out a bit in New York as well, say hi to him if you see him, he came all the way from England by himself for the tour.

We caught a cab and went back the hotel and conked out...

HARTFORD 2008 - BEST SHOW OF THE TOUR (so far, Mansfield 2 here I come)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    in before the tl;dr
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I too enjoyed myself probably more than any other PJ show I've been to. Absolute amazing setlist and met the coolest Pearl Jam fans so far on the tour. Hope tomorrow night ends a nice 5 show stint for my wife and I. Thanks to the band and the great fans I've met; f u to some of the asshole frat douches that drink too much and litter everywhere.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    My Hartford experience was awesome too!

My friend & I got to our hotel in E Hartford around 4:30 or so, then drove to a pretty reliable good tailgate scene where our friends were. $20 to park, no problem.
    Stayed until around 6:30, walked 1/2 mile or so to the venue, got in with no problem. Ticket pickup took about 1 minute.
    My friend got the poster he really wanted, we actually watched Ted Leo.

Not the set list I expected AT ALL, I was shocked & amazed. My friend just about pissed himself he was so psyched.
    Walked back to the car afterward, got right out of the lot, back at the hotel well before 1.

I had a great time.
    I am really sorry for everyone who had a sucky experience.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."