Options

Torrents...

offaroundthebendoffaroundthebend Posts: 107
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
has anyone else given up on figuring this out..ive tried so many times and i cant seem to get it to work...there are so many pj things i want to dload..anyone else have some advice...every time i follow the so called simple steps i cant get it to work
Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    has anyone else given up on figuring this out..ive tried so many times and i cant seem to get it to work...there are so many pj things i want to dload..anyone else have some advice...every time i follow the so called simple steps i cant get it to work

I am right there with ya. Maybe someone can help both of us out?
  • Options
    hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    bit torrents are really easy.

what Torrent downloader are you using??? I use ABC which is VERY EASY to use

the hardest part is the waiting for it if there arent a ton of seeders and its just a slow download
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    hoopinman wrote:
    bit torrents are really easy.

what Torrent downloader are you using??? I use ABC which is VERY EASY to use

the hardest part is the waiting for it if there arent a ton of seeders and its just a slow download

sorry but its not very easy at all...ive tried abc, and i know you have to dload a player too....every time i finished dloading something that took forever i would try and get it o nthe player and nothing would happen...ive followed the intsructions to the tee on these sites and it just doesnt work..and i hear its not great for your comp...id rather pay someone to rip me some dvds of shows
    Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
  • Options
    hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    where are you having issues?? playing them??? stop trying some player...because its going to be based on what file you are actually downloading, right?? whether its SHN,Flac or whatever.....just decode them to WAV files then play them in whatever player you have...it should be fine after that..I hope.

maybe you can tell me what is the issue....you seem to be ok downloading them...its just playing them after that???
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,153
    mmm .. torrents!!

*drools

wait a sec; i haven't uploaded a show in day's! shit! gotta get back on the wagon jam.
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,016
    I use UTORRENT. Works great ... http://www.utorrent.com/

Most torrents compressed using winrar
    Have you been using "winRAR" to "unzip / uncompress " the files ????

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Winrar or Flacfrontend. Download those and just follow directions. It takes a little time to get used to but it's really pretty easy. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    Use BIT TORRENT as your downloader

and search SCRAPE TORRENT for files. it scrapes its results from 20 different torrent sites. some might be zipped, so you must extract with winrar.

you can save the albums right into your music file, then upload them into itunes manually.
    if you are downloading TV, just do the same. I dont even have cable anymore. i watch commercial free TV through torrents and news groups whenever i want, and new episodes of shows are seeded well within 2 hours sometimes of original airdate.

easy as pie, once you get it.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    sorry but its not very easy at all...ive tried abc, and i know you have to dload a player too....every time i finished dloading something that took forever i would try and get it o nthe player and nothing would happen...ive followed the intsructions to the tee on these sites and it just doesnt work..and i hear its not great for your comp...id rather pay someone to rip me some dvds of shows

this post kind of confuses me...

first, because i don't use abc...second, what do you mean you have to download a player?

anyway, try BitTorrent.

if you need or want to download a player i suggest JetAudio. since downloading this program i have never used anything else. it even plays my M4A and FLAC files which not all other players do. also check out VLC Media...it plays every file imaginable.

oh, and i search torrents only at BTjunkie...it has had everything i ever wanted.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I also search for all my torrents @ BTJunkie.com. I use Limewire to download and then if they are audio files I just import them into itunes. For video I don't have a burner but I can play them on my pc using Daemon Tools.
    #FHP
  • Options
    any of you guys want to burn me some dvds? i will do a trade or pay
    Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    any of you guys want to burn me some dvds? i will do a trade or pay

go to http://www.theskyiscrape.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5

:)
  • Options
    Anyone have any suggestions for a mac user on how to do this?
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    http://thepiratebay.org/help

There could be other issues affecting your download too - even your service provider can try and stop them.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!