Just back from Nassau, Bahamas Trip Report 7/1 - 7/6/12

susannjsusannj Posts: 664
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
You can check out my trip report here:
http://susannj.travellerspoint.com/13/
;)
-See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
New York, New York 07-09-2003
E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
New York, New York 05-21-2010
Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
New York, New York 05-01-2016
New York, New York 09-11-2022
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Ahhhh, home of the birth of my worst sun burn ever.......well...technically it was the beach behind the big hotel on paradise island....

nothing like blisters on the chest popping on a first date after returning home......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    Cruising there in December...
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    You should've had some drinks while you were there. ;)

Cool story and those are some amazing pics of the waters -- so clear and green/blue. Sounds relaxing and amazing.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    :D

very nice...beautiful pics!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    too much drinking...not enough shark diving

but as long as you had fun...god bless
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • susannjsusannj Posts: 664

Cool story and those are some amazing pics of the waters -- so clear and green/blue. Sounds relaxing and amazing.

LOL :lol:
    We had a great time - isn't that what vacations are for?? We do love to snorkel - preferably from the beach as opposed to the ocean and NOT a big fan of sharks. Once I saw them swimming around I was like NO THANK YOU. Hope to do some more snorkeling (and less drinking - or maybe not) when we head back to the Virgin Islands this fall :mrgreen:
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    susannj wrote:

LOL :lol:
    We had a great time - isn't that what vacations are for?? We do love to snorkel - preferably from the beach as opposed to the ocean and NOT a big fan of sharks. Once I saw them swimming around I was like NO THANK YOU. Hope to do some more snorkeling (and less drinking - or maybe not) when we head back to the Virgin Islands this fall :mrgreen:

Most certainly! Your trip actually sounded a bit like my last trip with my wife to the Florida Keys. I find it difficult to not have a drink when sitting under a palm tree or watching the sunset after a day in the water. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Trip looked relaxing. Thanks for sharing! Great pics!

Snorkeling from the ocean the first time was a little intense, especially not being able to see what was swimming up from behind. My friends have talked about taking me scuba diving when I come down (they are certified instructors) and I'm yet to decide if I'll pull the trigger on that one. :lol:

Safe travels!