need help from ipad and cell phone lovers

blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
trying decide what to get.

i need gps and a full size or larger keyboard.

ipads are fregging $400 plus wi-fi monthly charges. i know it has a map app but does that act as gps or like mapquest? i could get wi-fi to go when i need it right?

a cellphone would have a monthly charge. it would need to have a standard size keyboard. that i see as doubtful because all cellphones are smaller than a regular size keyboard now.
cell would have gps thou, no problem.
*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I have an iPhone and it has many good and free gps map apps that either work with wifi or the cell service and act like a separate GPS unit you could buy. I don't have an iPad but I would assume the apps are similiar in fuction to an iPhone. Just a little tidbit is there is a pretty strong rumor of Apple coming out with a smaller sized iPad which is supposed to be around the $200 price point.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-07-04/tech ... _s=PM:TECH
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    oh man, if that rumor's true i would SO wait.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    oh man, if that rumor's true i would SO wait.

I keep seeing it alot actually. Apple is a great company that puts out wonderful products but when it comes to business and their competitors they take no prisoners. :lol: Essentially putting a smaller iPad at this price point would just kill the Kindle. Do a google search and judge for yourself. I've held off on an iPad just becasue it always just seemed a little awkward for me to use. I'm sure I could get used to it but once the rumors of the little 7 incher started I figured I'd hold off and see what happens.

These guys always seem to be on top of things Apple related so keep checking this page.

http://www.imore.com/
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Ipad. Easy to use. if expense is no question. Soon it can make you breakfast. Tablets are a gamble. I have had three Itouches. They seldom over heat. Anything can be fixed in the forums or an simple update. My droid over heats after 10 minutes. The Pod the PAd? they need a few days to die . I am just speaking about my personal gadgets. :shock: