New pedal thursday...Catalinbread RAH

DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
edited July 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Finally had the extra cash and the right coupon code so decided to scratch the GAS-induced itch.

http://proguitarshop.com/catalinbread-rah.html

It's meant to emulate Jimmy Page's hot rodded Hiwatt tone from the historic Royal Albert Hall show on the Zep dvd.

Aside from being a hardcore Zep fan, I thought the pedal sounded fantastic in the samples I heard so it's the one I went with.

Just gotta say this makes a great dynamic od pedal. Very in your face and honest pedal. Really diggin it and it may become a bigger part of my rig than I anticipated.

Obviously does Zep well, but it's great for alot of stuff so far...particularly Floyd and The Who(which means some PJ tunes as well).

Always wondered about the various boutique od amp emulator pedals out there and at the very least this pedal has peaked my interest and I'll definitely be looking into others in that vein and there's a good possibility this pedal will be on my board for a good while.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DewieCox wrote:
    Finally had the extra cash and the right coupon code so decided to scratch the GAS-induced itch.

It's meant to emulate Jimmy Page's hot rodded Hiwatt tone from the historic Royal Albert Hall show on the Zep dvd.

Aside from being a hardcore Zep fan, I thought the pedal sounded fantastic in the samples I heard so it's the one I went with.

Just gotta say this makes a great dynamic od pedal. Very in your face and honest pedal. Really diggin it and it may become a bigger part of my rig than I anticipated.

Obviously does Zep well, but it's great for alot of stuff so far...particularly Floyd and The Who(which means some PJ tunes as well).

Always wondered about the various boutique od amp emulator pedals out there and at the very least this pedal has peaked my interest and I'll definitely be looking into others in that vein and there's a good possibility this pedal will be on my board for a good while.

sounds awesome. Hi-Watt in a can. :D
    What are you running it through, though?
    Something fairly clean, i'm assuming???

ps - i started thinking i was good enough now to start trying to play White Summer\Black Mountainside again yesterday (i get this kick like once every 6mo-1yr) and BOY was i wrong. Lol. I got the fingerings (mostly) but FUCK the speed. lol :( damn you page. damn you.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    DewieCox wrote:

Egnater Rebel ran slightly dirty. For reference I'd probably play something like the chordier parts to In Hiding or Light Years without kickin in an od. That goes into a couple Avatar cubes loaded with Celestion Blues.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Egnater Rebel ran slightly dirty. For reference I'd probably play something like the chordier parts to In Hiding or Light Years without kickin in an od. That goes into a couple Avatar cubes loaded with Celestion Blues.
    yeah. that does sound yummmy!

[edit] ps - just checked out the vid of the asian jimmy page "shredding" Since I've Been Loving You on that Pedal webpage. Just gave me the impetus to go digging for my old (Phoenix) Tonemaster pedal to use through the bumbox and step on for some fun. Thats a fun song to dick around on, and real fun to just play with bends and tones with. :D
  • Damn, why did you post that link.
    I've been staring at these for the past 30 minutes.

this delay is awesome!
    that and the eye\triangle & owl says "I MUST HAVE!"

also, this jacked up fuzz here may be the first fuzz i've been ga-ga over in like ... well ... ever???
    gahhh!!!