Advice on Telecaster

ME91059ME91059 Posts: 49
edited July 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hello Fellow Jammers,

I am looking to buy a tele in the next month or so. I've played in shops, read up on the web but I'm still confused on what tele to get. Although subtle in price, this is not a problem

I'm looking at either a
- 2012 52' Reissue - Butterscotch Blonde
- 2012 American Deluxe
- 2012 American Hot Rod
- 2012 60th Anniversary edition - American

Thanks,.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    This isn't exactly comparing apples to oranges, but it is comparing different types of apples. I have to start out by saying I don't quite know which 60th Anniversary Tele you are referring to... they have a series of special models for the 60th, so without knowing which one on that list, I can't comment.

Between the '52 and the current US Deluxe models, I'd probably go with the current one. This is primarily due to the modern hardware and electronics, which have plenty of Tele vibe but add a lot in the way of adjustability, playability, and stability. Also, you can get a current Tele with a rosewood fretboard; not sure if that means anything to you, but it would be a big deal for me.

The Hot Rod Tele is a nice update to the classic '52, with the mini-HB in the neck with a stock Tele bridge pup. It strikes me as a very Keith guitar, pretty versatile but still very much a Tele. Again, my own preference for dark wood fretboards gets in the way here, since the Hot Rod is only available with a maple neck.

[thread=hijack]Since it's a Tele thread, I will volunteer that I am currently GASing hardcore for a Cabronita Tele. I had a Tele-Sonic for a while years ago, and I loved that combo of Tele body/neck with Gretsch/DeArmond pickups. I'd love to try the new version with the TV Jones pups. I've also always loved the Jim Root signature model with the ebony fretboard, although I'd ditch the EMG pups for something alnico. [/thread=hijack]
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    I love Telecasters, someday ( When I'm worthy of having it) I'll buy this telecaster

www.thomann.de/es/fender_classic_player ... ele_vb.htm
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • [/quote]Since it's a Tele thread, I will volunteer that I am currently GASing hardcore for a Cabronita Tele. I had a Tele-Sonic for a while years ago, and I loved that combo of Tele body/neck with Gretsch/DeArmond pickups. I'd love to try the new version with the TV Jones pups. I've also always loved the Jim Root signature model with the ebony fretboard, although I'd ditch the EMG pups for something alnico.[/quote]

I replaced the neck pick up in my De Armond M-75T over x-mas with the TV Jones replacement and it fixed all the issues I had with the neck pick up in that guitar. It went from a not useable situation to fully useable..
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/