Options

Advice from the Hartford Area Folk

porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Any hartford area folk, what is a good place (besides a Westin Hilton, 250+ Hotel) in the area to stay and what are some places to avoid. Driving from Hartford to Southbridge Mass and looking to stay in Hartford area as that's where I'm flying into.
"That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I'm from MA but when I saw Ed in Hartford last year I stayed at the Holiday Inn right off I-84 facing the park and it was like $120 a night. Not a bad place and in a decent neighborhood.

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/h ... oteldetail
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Yep. Not too bad and close enough to all the madness that is downtown hartford.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

Is there actually any madness in downtown Hartford? :lol:
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    DS1119 wrote:

There is, not that I'd ever want to go back there. But yes, fun times with youngster and twisted thoughts and unlost dogs last year for EV Hartford.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

There is, not that I'd ever want to go back there. But yes, fun times with youngster and twisted thoughts and unlost dogs last year for EV Hartford.

That's 8-)
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    DS1119 wrote:

Get out of Albany.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The grantmore hotel on the berlin tpk. Hourly Rates and Mirrors on the ceiling.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Get out of Albany.

I think Hartford might be one of the few cities that makes Albany look exciting. :lol:
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    LloydXmas wrote:
    The grantmore hotel on the berlin tpk. Hourly Rates and Mirrors on the ceiling.
    and a jungle room :lol:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    DS1119 wrote:

Nope. It sucks