Fascinating Places

riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I came across this Facebook page that shows pictures of fascinating places around the world. Pretty cool pics, you should check it out. I tried to post a picture here but they are too large.

https://www.facebook.com/FascinatingPlaces
Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    wow!

Those are awesome pictures.

The one with the sea spraying up over the highway ramp was crazy! :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    StillHere wrote:

Scary looking! :shock:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    brianlux wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

Yeah, not real sure I'd want to drive that!
    Better hide that pic from my husband, he might get the idea for a road trip someday! :shock:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    8-)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    brianlux wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

Better hide that pic from my husband, he might get the idea for a road trip someday! :shock:
    Yeah, I know guys that would go out of their way to drive a road like that. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Yeah, I know guys that would go out of their way to drive a road like that. :lol:

It looks like on hella lotta fun to me! :D
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Scrolled through the pictures and thought, "This looks just like the Peace Bridge in Calgary." Turns out it is, I am glad the pics are all captioned. I have never actually crossed it, just driven by.
    314784_218810208241708_1003923580_n.jpg
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    If you didn't like the Atlantic Road then try biking here :shock:

380727_218852801570782_1134490350_n.jpg
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
    The Great Blue Hole is, obviously as the name, a large bluish hole inside the Great Barrier Reef in Belize. Because of its depth, about 145 meters, the Great Blue Hole has different color with its surrounding waters. The formation of this nearly perfect round shape of the hole with 400 meters or diameter can hardly be explained by the scientists in the world. Though, some said that the rising of sea level billions years ago was influenced by the formation of the Great Blue Hole. Most divers are interested in diving around the Great Blue Hole, but only the expert ones are allowed to dive deep inside the Great Blue Hole.

FWhhY.png
    peace,
    jo

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Jersey??

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Some amazing places. I could sit and look at these pics all day. Couldn't fathom visiting some of these places and most of them would be the experience of a lifetime.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Jersey??
    206114_208356319287097_1034974408_n.jpg

Some amazing places. I could sit and look at these pics all day. Couldn't fathom visiting some of these places and most of them would be the experience of a lifetime.

looks so much like the area where i grew up along the Delaware River in NWNJ

Could be for example Titusville (north of Trenton/Washington's Crossing)

or Carpentersville (between Phillipsburg and Belvidere)

but the water seems too calm for those areas,

looks a lot like Boathouse Row on the Schuylkill but that would make it PA

Very pretty. I miss the river so much.
    peace,
    jo

AxcBI.png

One mysterious place of the world lies in Sahara, the greatest desert in the world. The Richat Structure is how people called this mysterious place which takes the shape of one single colossal eye surrounded by even bigger ring with the diameter of 50 kilometers. Because of its form, Richat Structure is also famous as the Eye of Sahara. Certain theories have been made concerning how this perfectly-circular pattern was formed, but nothing can explain it satisfactorily. The latest reasonable theory involves the wind and water as the cause of a certain eruption in the desert, still the almost perfect circular shape of the Richat Structure can’t be explained thoroughly. The gigantic size of the Richat Structure makes it impossible to be seen when the visitors is right inside the area of the Richat Structure. Probably it is only the astronauts above which can directly view the magnificent magical Eye of Sahara.
    peace,
    jo