HOT!!!!!

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    How is your truck when working in this weather? Good AC? Think I idled about 70 hours on this past 6 day trip!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    mickeyrat wrote:
    How is your truck when working in this weather? Good AC? Think I idled about 70 hours on this past 6 day trip!!
    Funny you should ask...
    For the 1st time, in 5 years....I HAVE AN AIR CONDITIONED TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    And I blast the air conditioning all day long. I dont give a flying fuck how much diesel im burning.
    My truck has 433,500 miles on it, and it runs like a champ.

Yesterday I met a Swift driver, whose AC broke that morning (so he said)....
    The guy is making $0.25 a mile...
    And getting less than 2000 miles a week...

He was MISERABLE!

Why someone would work, over the road, for that type of money...
    I have no idea...
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Funny you should ask...
    And I blast the air conditioning all day long. I dont give a flying fuck how much diesel im burning.

He was MISERABLE!

I have no idea...
    just starting out we kinda have stars in our eyes. I like getting to see different stuff b ut the the headaches and fuck ups from the home office that cost me money I can do without. Headed to a dedicated position in about 10 days. Want to stay with SNI for a while to pay down the loan I took out to get my cdl. After that I'm in a serious hunt for local/LTL.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Funny you should ask...

He was MISERABLE!

I have no idea...
    just starting out we kinda have stars in our eyes. I like getting to see different stuff b ut the the headaches and fuck ups from the home office that cost me money I can do without. Headed to a dedicated position in about 10 days. Want to stay with SNI for a while to pay down the loan I took out to get my cdl. After that I'm in a serious hunt for local/LTL.
    Thats just it my friend.
    You have to get that 1st year under your belt.
    Then YOU are in charge...Not the companies.

This poor Swift driver was getting more like 1500 miles a week.
    Good lord!
    Thats $375 gross? A week? $280 net? A WEEK!!!????
    GOOD LORD!!!!

So mickey...
    Tell me about the dedicated run.
    What, where, why, when???
    JC Penney account.Mostly turn around after delivering to stores. Night work. There are some runs that will be "overnighters" at 800-900 miles per run. Those would be DC to DC runs

Driver unloads pallets and hangered hanging clothes. Extra pay for this.

Except for the occasional overnight deal I'm home daily.

JCP is closing thier Indy facility. My fac here in columbus would take over for them. we currently make DC runs to the NE. That will end once Indy comes our way.

Ran it as a fill in , help them out when theychanged over to their spring/summer line back in Febuary. wasnt too bad, would just have to get used ot the night work. Plus my fat ass can get a little bit of exercise in!!! Up to 240 now.

mickeyrat wrote:
    JC Penney account.Mostly turn around after delivering to stores. Night work. There are some runs that will be "overnighters" at 800-900 miles per run. Those would be DC to DC runs

Driver unloads pallets and hangered hanging clothes. Extra pay for this.

Except for the occasional overnight deal I'm home daily.

JCP is closing thier Indy facility. My fac here in columbus would take over for them. we currently make DC runs to the NE. That will end once Indy comes our way.

Ran it as a fill in , help them out when theychanged over to their spring/summer line back in Febuary. wasnt too bad, would just have to get used ot the night work. Plus my fat ass can get a little bit of exercise in!!! Up to 240 now.
    How much longer until you have that 1st year under your belt?

Because then and only then...
    Will getting local/ltl work become SO MUCH EASIER to get...

Though that dedicated route doesnt sound bad at all...
    Actually its pretty sweet...If all goes according to plan (But we both know how that goes)...hehehehehe
    well I have about 7 month since hire date. I didnt start driving solo til a month after that. Based on what I saw last year , I wont start looking hard til march. Although I'm always looking. Gotta keep hope alive!!
    I may stay with schneider upto two years. By thenb I will have had 3500 in tuition reimbursement paid to me, which is a big help. Pay 150 every month.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    my a/c always broke down. once in boise, idaho and once in hidalgo, texas. hildalgo was only 120 fucking degrees. i remember hanging out in the trailer w/ my cherries, even napped back there. and every fucking time the a/c broke down my boss wanted me to ride it out so their hometown shop guys could fix it saving him his greenbacks. well fuck that. i'm 3,330 miles from home. kiss my frickin ass ya tight frickin prick.

sure i can drive windows down, hot-wind through my hair, i'm cool with that. hell, my car's a/c has been out for years.

but you cannot make me sleep in a 117 degree bunk. fuck off. when i sleep i will have condensation running down my windows & windshield. my tractor will be as close to ice as i can get it. im a god dam truck driver for christ sakes. i will be cold when sleeping and by-golly i will be a surly son of a bitch as well.

i invented something. to bad i am to much of a fuck up to get it marketed. if i ever do get it up & running, i'll be a multi-millionaire the very first quarter of profits once sales takes the fuck off.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    my a/c always broke down. once in boise, idaho and once in hidalgo, texas. hildalgo was only 120 fucking degrees. i remember hanging out in the trailer w/ my cherries, even napped back there. and every fucking time the a/c broke down my boss wanted me to ride it out so their hometown shop guys could fix it saving him his greenbacks. well fuck that. i'm 3,330 miles from home. kiss my frickin ass ya tight frickin prick.

sure i can drive windows down, hot-wind through my hair, i'm cool with that. hell, my car's a/c has been out for years.

but you cannot make me sleep in a 117 degree bunk. fuck off. when i sleep i will have condensation running down my windows & windshield. my tractor will be as close to ice as i can get it. im a god dam truck driver for christ sakes. i will be cold when sleeping and by-golly i will be a surly son of a bitch as well.

i invented something. to bad i am to much of a fuck up to get it marketed. if i ever do get it up & running, i'll be a multi-millionaire the very first quarter of profits once sales takes the fuck off.
    For the last 5 years...
    They wouldnt fix my A/C...
    I was fucking shocked, when June 1st they announced that ALL A/C's will be working/fixed.

Mine was the 1st to get fixed....

It is a whole different world..
    Yesterday I worked 12 hours, in 103 degree temps...
    And I felt FINE all day....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    like i've stated 47,004 times. truck drivers are the chit. they are as tough as it gets. w/out drivers this country shuts down. hats off to speedy mccready & mickrat for their dedicated hardwork. the work ethic a truck driver has is incredible, super human really.

stay healthy out there, kids. lots of water. and please shower everyday you stinkin bastages
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    like i've stated 47,004 times. truck drivers are the chit. they are as tough as it gets. w/out drivers this country shuts down. hats off to speedy mccready & mickrat for their dedicated hardwork. the work ethic a truck driver has is incredible, super human really.

stay healthy out there, kids. lots of water. and please shower everyday you stinkin bastages
    This poor Swift driver I met yesterday is working for 0.25 a mile!!!
    Swift should be taken to court for Slave Labor....

The trucking industry should not put up with this type of nonsense....
    chadwick wrote:

This poor Swift driver I met yesterday is working for 0.25 a mile!!!
    Swift should be taken to court for Slave Labor....

The trucking industry should not put up with this type of nonsense....
    he's also likely stuck there from going to swifts "school" to get his cdl. I thought about that route. Briefly. Thankfully i was able to become a member of my GF's credit union cuz we're livin in sin!!! Got a loan for tuition at roadmaster , and here I am.